Pages:
Author

Topic: A Bitcoin Mining Company - SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - page 4. (Read 11958 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Spreading Bitcoin love
I got a reply to my PM.
Seems updates are on the way.
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
Dishwara is doing a reasonable job with the same type of business (at least he has something up and running). Some info would be nice, especially when things are not up and running yet.
Spreading Bitcoin love
Indeed. I would buy more stock but I am not going to risk any more money without SOME proof. If I loose $10 I am not sad but despite logging in a few times in the last few days he has not responded to my PM nor to the other shareholders questions.

No confidence is bad for business indeed.
Activity: 84
Interesting - there's now 231 shares selling below Tawsix's main block at 1btc. 175 of those shares are selling below the original asking price of 0.75btc. All this uncertainty is making buying cheap right now. Wish I had more bitcoins to spare.
Activity: 90
Thanks for your help, guys, I've managed to buy my shares Smiley If/when dividends are paid, how are you going to do so, Tawsix? Is it via GLBSE too? And I'd like to, at least, know what gfx card and how many you're putting in per rig - we'd also be able to help out with the math, that way. Also, which is your "main thread" where you'll be providing updates - is it this one?

i'd like some light shed on this matter too please.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Thanks for your help, guys, I've managed to buy my shares Smiley If/when dividends are paid, how are you going to do so, Tawsix? Is it via GLBSE too? And I'd like to, at least, know what gfx card and how many you're putting in per rig - we'd also be able to help out with the math, that way. Also, which is your "main thread" where you'll be providing updates - is it this one?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
The inability of the stock exchange to use normal units (0.1 BTC, etc.) is indeed confusing and annoying.

It displays in Satoshis and could probably be rewritten locally quickly to display the numbers in a more human-readable way... as this is planned for the next version of the client anyways afaik, that's not too much of an issue imho.

Also as a side note:
in some countries you have a decimal seperator that looks like this "," and in other countries you would use this "." - could easily lead to input errors or confusion (1.000 would mean one thousand for me and be equivalent to "1.000,00", but someone else might just say it's a one with 3 zeroes after the decimal point).
Spreading Bitcoin love
Hey - I'm interested in buying some shares, but the stock exchange client is *very* confusing - are they still selling at 0.75BTc or at 1.0BTc now?

The inability of the stock exchange to use normal units (0.1 BTC, etc.) is indeed confusing and annoying.

+1
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
Hey - I'm interested in buying some shares, but the stock exchange client is *very* confusing - are they still selling at 0.75BTc or at 1.0BTc now?

Tawsix how are the machines coming when will they be ready and what are their specs?
Activity: 27

I just checked, and most of them are selling at 1.0 BTC right now, but a few shares are available for 0.99999999 BTC.

If you do this command:
bmc.py buy 100 SIN 100000000

You'll be creating a buy order for 100 shares of SIN and you're saying you're willing to pay up to a maximum of 1.0 BTC per share.  If there are any shares available for less than 1.0 BTC, you'll get the lower asking price for those shares.
Activity: 41
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
what rigs did you buy?

But can you tell us main specs especially what graphics card you got and how many per rig. or you can put it as a motion just for share holders if you don't want to share that with the public.

@Nefario maybe you could look into the possibility of setting up a news option just like the motion, so share holders can be informed of latest developments.

+1

OK, I'll add that to my "get shit done quick" list.
Spreading Bitcoin love
what rigs did you buy?

But can you tell us main specs especially what graphics card you got and how many per rig. or you can put it as a motion just for share holders if you don't want to share that with the public.

@Nefario maybe you could look into the possibility of setting up a news option just like the motion, so share holders can be informed of latest developments.

+1
what rigs did you buy?

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have always been afraid of banks.
what rigs did you buy?

They weren't prebuilt computers, so I can't link you to a spec page.

10 shares = .001 stake
2625 BTC ($19,481) * .001 = 2.63 BTC ($19)
50 shares = .005 stake
2625 BTC ($19,481) * .005 = 13.13 BTC ($97)
100 shares = .01 stake
2625 BTC ($19,481) * .01 = 26.25 BTC ($195)

theses calculations are based on the current difficult of ~250000 aren't they? have you predictions for how the numbers work out as the difficulty increases? you could run some scenarios with a steady 20%, 30%, 40%, etc. increase in difficulty at each re-target. I saw in the video that there is 15% of the profit re-invested, so I guess your hashing rate will be increasing over time due to that but the hashing rate increase may not keep up with the difficulty increase so the BTC earned per share per month will be decreasing.

perhaps you could give some numbers with predictions like:
10 shares = 0.001 stake
month 1 = 2.63 BTC
month 2 = 2 BTC
month 3 = 1.2 BTC
month 4 = 0.5 BTC
etc.

then the potential investor could get a good idea how quickly they could expect to earn the inital investment back

Actually those numbers were based on the previous difficulty (~150000).  I am wary about speculating on the numbers as time goes on, for several reasons: its hard to tell how much of an increase will occur until the increase gets closer, it is hard to determine what effect that increase will have on network hashrate, and its impossible to speculate on what the value of BTC will be even in the next few days, let alone in the next few months.  All of this factors in to the profitability of the company.  The growth rate of 15% was a number that I pulled off the top of my head, the number will be much higher than that (probably around 45-60%) in order to stay competitive.  Once again, I try not to speculate too far into the future, but the predicted rate of return of investment was 4-6 months with the company operating at levels that would require all shares to be sold.  At this early stage, it will take longer until more people can trust in the validity of the business.
Activity: 27
to buy 100 shares i just need to do

bmc.py buy 100 SIN 1

correct?

You need to do:
bmc.py buy 100 SIN 100000000

The GLBSE client doesn't use decimal points yet, so 1 BTC is entered as "100000000".  If you type:
bmc.py buy 100 SIN 1

that would actually be entering a buy order for 100 shares at 0.00000001 BTC.

For more info and examples, check out the "Numbers" and "Buying" sections of the tutorial:
https://gitorious.org/black-market/pages/Tutorial
to buy 100 shares i just need to do

bmc.py buy 100 SIN 1

correct?
k
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
10 shares = .001 stake
2625 BTC ($19,481) * .001 = 2.63 BTC ($19)
50 shares = .005 stake
2625 BTC ($19,481) * .005 = 13.13 BTC ($97)
100 shares = .01 stake
2625 BTC ($19,481) * .01 = 26.25 BTC ($195)

theses calculations are based on the current difficult of ~250000 aren't they? have you predictions for how the numbers work out as the difficulty increases? you could run some scenarios with a steady 20%, 30%, 40%, etc. increase in difficulty at each re-target. I saw in the video that there is 15% of the profit re-invested, so I guess your hashing rate will be increasing over time due to that but the hashing rate increase may not keep up with the difficulty increase so the BTC earned per share per month will be decreasing.

perhaps you could give some numbers with predictions like:
10 shares = 0.001 stake
month 1 = 2.63 BTC
month 2 = 2 BTC
month 3 = 1.2 BTC
month 4 = 0.5 BTC
etc.

then the potential investor could get a good idea how quickly they could expect to earn the inital investment back
REF
Activity: 529
Merit: 500
what rigs did you buy?
Pages:
Jump to: