Pages:
Author

Topic: A career - as an employee or a business owner which do you prefer and why? - page 9. (Read 2527 times)

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
To me I have always wanted to be a boss of my own when it comes to Business because imagine when you make profit or loss in your business unless you open to people,the growth of your Business is been determined by you and your customers be it the people you buy from and the people that buy from you when you own a Business you have the time to combine other things to it and you pay yourself through your profit, but if you work for a person you are been hold hostage sometimes the might pay you or the won't because the might find you unfit to work for them or the tag you a thief.
So, it's about the payment? You prefer being a boss of your own because you think you will surely pay yourself? If only every business that people venture becomes a success, yes but the problem is that many people who start their own business do also fail.

Not all employers are bad people that they will just let their workers work without paying them or they are only paying them less and before we apply to them, I think it's always possible to check their background first to know if they are a good boss or not. Usually, if a boss fires you or is unsatisfied about your work, they will stay compensate you for the last time. If not then we can also report them.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 109
To me I have always wanted to be a boss of my own when it comes to Business because imagine when you make profit or loss in your business unless you open to people,the growth of your Business is been determined by you and your customers be it the people you buy from and the people that buy from you when you own a Business you have the time to combine other things to it and you pay yourself through your profit, but if you work for a person you are been hold hostage sometimes the might pay you or the won't because the might find you unfit to work for them or the tag you a thief.
Me too - but the main problem with me is not being consistant with my work and I get bored so easily
The thing which I realised late in my life is to learn some skills and master them. That is the best thing you can do to earn money
Activity: 1050
Merit: 109
I believe it depends on your level of financial security. Why not pursue a career in business if you have a sizable cash reserve and capital to spend in your preferred venture? Contrarily, if you lack that status in life, your only option is to work as an employee. However, don't get me wrong; there are plenty of people who are content and happy in their jobs, but I suppose that depends on the environment in which they work.
I have seen very selfish people who would peel off the skin of the people to get the money out of them and would never return them
These people are found everywhere - in jobs and in business.
some people do fraud in the name of investment...I have made terrible mistakes in year 2022 - this was worse year of my life.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 260
I prefer to be a business owner. I've worked as an employee sometimes in the past but now that I'm working for myself, I make more money, answerable to nobody but only my customers. I am my own boss and it feels good.
For being a business owner one has be be firm in dealing- which is lacking in my case
That is one of the reason - I have failed as a business owner. Terrible failure!
Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

commerce has more variety you can control what you sell and change what you sell.
where as manufacturing has to find the niche product and at the whims of raw material costs and also finding retailers willing to display your products and your profits are controlled/limited by the retail.. aswell as products have a life cycle of limited length

so id choose the retail/commerce business where i can control and change and keep with the trends rather than manufacturing

but overall.. obviously being a CEO pays more so ultimately business owner wins compared to employee
If a job person comes to the business - then he is a complete failure.
I did the same mistake and it took me a year to make me a firm business person, but I am a complete failure in business.
legendary
Activity: 4186
Merit: 4385
i feel that employee or employer are too simplistic of a base question of this topic..

there are 2 main business types.. commercial and manufacturing and they imply different business methods entirely
as for employees, there is customer facing vs non customer facing again different types of work

you will find in the employee category. although most of their employers revenue comes from customers. they seem to pay the non customer facing employees more than the customer facing employees.

so just blanket statement of wanting to be an employee is split decision low income facing customers and the stress, or comfy office employment with more flexitime and compensation

if i had choices. id want the back-office employee type, not customer facing(been there done that, not interested ever again)

when it comes to running a business.
creating a product is managed differently than managing retail

commerce has more variety you can control what you sell and change what you sell.
where as manufacturing has to find the niche product and at the whims of raw material costs and also finding retailers willing to display your products and your profits are controlled/limited by the retail.. aswell as products have a life cycle of limited length

so id choose the retail/commerce business where i can control and change and keep with the trends rather than manufacturing

but overall.. obviously being a CEO pays more so ultimately business owner wins compared to employee
Activity: 219
Merit: 19
I believe it depends on your level of financial security. Why not pursue a career in business if you have a sizable cash reserve and capital to spend in your preferred venture? Contrarily, if you lack that status in life, your only option is to work as an employee. However, don't get me wrong; there are plenty of people who are content and happy in their jobs, but I suppose that depends on the environment in which they work.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
Well, this is the truth, many people are seeking a job and become an employee for many years until they gain ideas and experience about how the business runs. And I did too before starting a small business and with the help of my experience and market exposure, we also know how it works.

But I would say that being an employee is not a way to become financially stable, even after working for 20 years or more.
However, being a business owner also takes bigger responsibility and needs a strong management system to succeed, it is somewhat hard to imagine but the reward is great.

Going to that route of being a business owner is not easy, but if you already gain the right tools to equipt yourself in running the business, the chance is good for you to attain success.

There are employees who manage to switch from being an employee to a business owner and able to
success and enjoy their time when they have already established their business.

Not all are capable, but if you have that kind of mindset where you are not rushing things and you
are good at adjusting, you have a better chance of finding the right business to own.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 534
Activity: 100
Merit: 1
I prefer to be a business owner. I've worked as an employee sometimes in the past but now that I'm working for myself, I make more money, answerable to nobody but only my customers. I am my own boss and it feels good.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
Indeed, having aspirations to become a boss is a good thing, but on the other hand, as I have written before, we also have to look at our potential and our own qualifications, whether we are capable or not. If you are able, then continue, but when we don't have the qualifications, I think that forcing will also be useless.
Indeed, sometimes it seems as if being a boss is a cool thing, but in this world there are all partners and the boss's partner is an employee, we cannot force being a boss because if we think like that then those who work as employees will not exist and this system won't run in the end.
Yes, the important is that every kind of function someone executes on their professional life is worthy and dignified, being them employees or employers, so people should be proud of what they do and proud to earn an honest income for an honest living. And if they aren't satisfacted with they do, there is always the chance to improve and try something new, but nothing they have worked before should be remembered or ignored as something shameful or degrading. Every jobs executed are part of the professional journey of an individual. To be fair, even people who are in leadership position nowadays have already worked in the most basic fields of job industry before, and they feel rewarded for every of those stages they have passed.
That's the point, being someone's subordinate is actually not despicable, there's just a certain feeling of dissatisfaction, but when it's done as well as possible, I think it's not that big of a problem as long as we're happy with what we're doing.
Not too naive, I'm currently working for my boss in an office but I'm comfortable with this even if I become an employee because for me this is enough to support my small family at the moment. It's not that I don't want to be my own boss, but in fact I won't be there because my current skills are lacking to manage employees. it's not that I don't want to be a boss either, but I am aware that if I force us, I can't afford it, the results won't be good.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 783
Well, this is the truth, many people are seeking a job and become an employee for many years until they gain ideas and experience about how the business runs. And I did too before starting a small business and with the help of my experience and market exposure, we also know how it works.
From the start of the journey, of course they want to get ideas about how to run the business they are going to start, I think at the beginning from an employee who is looking for experience and raising money for his business it is not a problem because on average there are business people who start from an employee who in the end they give themselves to start a business career from small to large, and all of that from the experience they are looking for while being an employee.

But I would say that being an employee is not a way to become financially stable, even after working for 20 years or more.
However, being a business owner also takes bigger responsibility and needs a strong management system to succeed, it is somewhat hard to imagine but the reward is great.
I think it will remain financially stable because an employee will get a fixed salary every month, but the needs are always different whether an employee's salary will be sufficient for themselves or not depending on their lifestyle which is clear so an employee will not increase their income and that is clearly different from a businessman.

In business, responsibility is the main thing, they have to be able to do all kinds of things that are needed in the management of their business, including how to manage it all to be more stable, this is not easy, but many who have done this have been successful, and I think people start from learn small things so that you can do good risk management.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 517

Activity: 588
Merit: 223
I used to go around looking for work, and finally got a job. but that each salary is not enough for my needs for a month.
I'm always bored every time I get a job that I don't think is comfortable, let alone a lot of pressure from the boss which is stressful.

and last year I opened my own business, namely the Burger business which is open every afternoon until 10 pm.
and from morning to noon I sell drinks which in fact are in a different place from my burger business.
until someone says "be diligent in making money, take a break, don't force it too much"

My wish is to become a businessman even though the business is still small, but in my personal opinion it is more comfortable to have my own business, it is more free, there is no pressure from other people, we are the bosses of our own business. I hope this business goes well and develops more so that it can open up jobs for others.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

Nowadays there is a distortion in people's views, as to be an employee was a bad thing, and to be a boss was the ideal. People feel ashamed for being employees of someone else, so it was created an idea that everyone must be bosses as the only way to impose themselves inside the society and those who are employees are already in an inferior status. And that is actually an absurd, because there are spots for everyone inside a production line. Some people are prone to one function, while others are prone to another functions. This way there are spots for everyone and every fields of job.

I beiieve to exist a balance between bosses and employees is what brings harmony to the job market.
Exactly! There's a common sentiment that being an employee is a bad thing and being a boss is a good thing. Everybody needs to play their role perfectly to maintain the balance of production.

This is true, everyone tends to prefer being a boss to being an employee, but you don't need to worry too much because not everyone is a successful boss, and they will quickly return to being an employee after a failure. I have seen many cases like this, many people quit their current jobs to become their own bosses quickly, but within a few months, they went bankrupt and returned to their old jobs. It can be said that it is everyone's dream but many of them will realize that not all dreams come true easily.

Yes, you have a good point. There are people who think that putting up a business can quickly change their lives, but the moment they start doing it, they will experience failures.

It's possible that they will go back to where they belong, working back in a daily basis with the company
as they don't have any options, they need to feed their families.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 397
dice9.win/ - Simple, fast and provably fair
I'm sure everyone wants to be the owner of a company or business that they are currently running, because the job of a manager is very interesting. If we manage all the strategies we plan, then everyone will like this position, and many employees will working at this time they definitely have plans to open a personal business so that everyone is more active at work and can manage every mission they want to carry out, but at this time there are still many employees who are still holding out in their positions there may be some problems they cannot solve to set up a company or business, and the most important capital problem.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner

Nowadays there is a distortion in people's views, as to be an employee was a bad thing, and to be a boss was the ideal. People feel ashamed for being employees of someone else, so it was created an idea that everyone must be bosses as the only way to impose themselves inside the society and those who are employees are already in an inferior status. And that is actually an absurd, because there are spots for everyone inside a production line. Some people are prone to one function, while others are prone to another functions. This way there are spots for everyone and every fields of job.

I beiieve to exist a balance between bosses and employees is what brings harmony to the job market.
Exactly! There's a common sentiment that being an employee is a bad thing and being a boss is a good thing. Everybody needs to play their role perfectly to maintain the balance of production.

This is true, everyone tends to prefer being a boss to being an employee, but you don't need to worry too much because not everyone is a successful boss, and they will quickly return to being an employee after a failure. I have seen many cases like this, many people quit their current jobs to become their own bosses quickly, but within a few months, they went bankrupt and returned to their old jobs. It can be said that it is everyone's dream but many of them will realize that not all dreams come true easily.
Activity: 910
Merit: 847
Stress from owning a business is preferable to stress from working for someone else's company, where you may be fired. Though I understand your point, choose the stress that you want. There is no easy path on this, whether you are an employee or the boss, but thinking of having a business has a longer-term benefit than being an employee. I prefer to really have a business and be the boss, no matter how stressful it is, since having a business is not just about money and profit; it is also about self-improvement.
The business owner always takes more risks, he invests his money and risks losing it in case of failure. In addition, the business owner will always work more, but he will earn more, and no one will be able to tell him what to do. As we can see, in each case there are disadvantages and advantages, and you need to decide for yourself what you like more.

Even if I would like to open my own business, but I don’t have money for it, then this choice will not be available to me, because I'm not ready to take a loan for this. This will further increase the risks for me and I understand that the constant state of stress will not allow me to think sensibly, this is not what I would like.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 576
The point is you have high thoughts and feelings for the members you will develop. Everyone can be appointed as a boss but not for leaders who are perfect to help or can find solutions to what they are doing.
If someone is ready to be a boss, that means he is very ready to lead and provide every solution to problems that occur, because if being a boss can only sit in a chair and be silent about problems that occur within the company, then he is no different from an ordinary employee. Or the janitor in the company.

Life is not an easy venture - we wake up every morning to the news
But running a business is such a big task. Those who does right are  are the  real champions
Because living life is not an easy matter for everyone, it's no wonder that everyone who is still alive must try to work and do business as well as possible so that there is income they can get. And for me, true champions are people who have achieved success after struggling through business or through their respective jobs.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
A lot of people say that business owner is better, because it allows to be a big boss and earn more, yet they continue to work as an employees. I think a lot of people dont realize the responsibility of being a business owner. All they see is "business owner earns more", but they dont know how tough it is to organize work and get first profit. Lots of people think that is easy to sit in a cozy chair and give commands. Try to control at least few employees. The "I can always hire new" is not a solution. That means loosing money. Not everyone is capable of being a business owner.

Stress from owning a business is preferable to stress from working for someone else's company, where you may be fired. Though I understand your point, choose the stress that you want. There is no easy path on this, whether you are an employee or the boss, but thinking of having a business has a longer-term benefit than being an employee. I prefer to really have a business and be the boss, no matter how stressful it is, since having a business is not just about money and profit; it is also about self-improvement.
Pages:
Jump to: