Pages:
Author

Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Granite | Simple Solid Stable | GRN - page 28. (Read 74291 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
New pool for GraniteCoin

with online support most of the day.
Auto payouts when you get 1 Granite
ultra fast ultra stable
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ReDesigned Backend - Website - Roadmap --- Coming Soon!
 I  wait  alway

Grin Grin Grin

i know mate ...

i can only work as much as i can to get things happening ... Smiley

but the appreciation is there for those that are supporting this coin ... it wont be forgotten ...

if we can get a few more people that can code ( for development of grn ) and design websites and can build a pool specifically for grn - then we will have what we need to maintain a healthy community driven coin ...

good things take time ... and time is what we have ...

bonus block of 100000grn coming soon ...

Wink

#crysx
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ReDesigned Backend - Website - Roadmap --- Coming Soon!
 I  wait  alway

Grin Grin Grin
legendary
less than 5000 blocks before the next BIG bonus block ...

100,000 GRN has got to be hit on that block ...

miners - you guys are awesome ...

#crysx
legendary
GRN pool added

tanx for the pool smart15 ...

ill have a look at it today and mine a little to test ...

will add it after that ... do you have a grn wallet address - so that a donation can be sent as a thank you ... Cheesy

much appreciated ...

crysx
sent you PM, thanks

tanx so much for the effort smart15 ...

its a very easy to connect and operate site - with a smooth interface ...

16000grn sent as a tanx ( bounty ) ... adding to the OP now ...

much appreciated ...

crysx
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
GRN pool added

will add it after that ... do you have a grn wallet address - so that a donation can be sent as a thank you ... Cheesy

much appreciated ...

crysx
sent you PM, thanks
legendary
GRN pool added

much appreciated ...

crysx
Activity: 154
STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O
Activity: 170
legendary
How is this coin coming along? I am mining it with a 3MH/s Rig over @ coinking.io

This coin is very profitable over other x11 coins. Hope to see a price increase and work being done to this coin! Keep up the great work!!

tanx Luckylui ...

im hoping that some more progress will be happening soon ...

i too mine at coinking.io ( as well as zpool.co ) for grn ... the guys at coinking.io are an awesome bunch - very helpful in every way ...

since ive taken the responsibility/management of the coin from the previous owner - its been a bit of a uphill climb to find a good team to work with me to implement the ideas for the coin ...

but as they say - good things take time ... i am always looking and negotiating with developers and backend coders to implement and improve granitecoin with the vision that it will be useful - as well as profitable ...

apart from that - its a simple solid coin that allows a lengthy mining schedule ( hence the long PoW ) which gives us the time for improvement as we go along ... it also allows for those who already carry grn to cash in on the higher rate of return as we get things moving ...

help is always welcomed ... even if all you can do is get others in and spread the word to others and continue interest in granitecoin ...

oh - and also to mine and have a lot of fun doing so ...

we might be slow - but we will get there in the end ... Smiley

so tanx again for your support ...

crysx
Activity: 154
STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O
How is this coin coming along? I am mining it with a 3MH/s Rig over @ coinking.io

This coin is very profitable over other x11 coins. Hope to see a price increase and work being done to this coin! Keep up the great work!!
legendary
This thread never makes note of what exactly was redesigned and is almost entirely about redesigning the logo.

What's so different about this coin now from before that warranted the creation of an entirely new thread?

my apologies for the time taken to respond - but that unfortunately is where life steps in Smiley

you are right majeis ... most of the thread has been in response to the redo of the logo and not much else ...

even the logo istself is at a standstill as the design volunteer is dealing with illness and cannot continue redesigning ...

i took over the management/responsibility of the coin after the original owner could not continue due to lack of time ( amongst other things ) and still had control over most of the back end and domain ...

he was very helpful in the transfer and very patient as well - as i took it entirely on the basis that it was a project ( and massive learning curve ) to the crypto world ...

hence the start of a new thread - a new direction - a new idea base ... but mostly of a foundation for the development of granitecoin ...

this was what ( i believe ) justified a new thread ... apart from a new direction for the coin ... my belief is also that grn is a good base for a better cryptocurrency ...

i am not the developer ... i believe that the original developer did a great job ... in fact - i have been in negotiations with a few developers and for one reason or another - negotiations fall through ... so as far as features and implementation of ideas and productive growth is concerned - they are all still 'on the drawing board' ... and as of late - not much has happened with the redevelopment due to lack of help and support ...

interest is still there in granitecoin ( and before you say it - no not just by me hehehe ) - and i did not 'take it on' just to 'let it go' when the going gets tough - or in this case - when the going gets slow ... Smiley

so here we are ... i am doing what i can with the little time i have and the ( even less ) help that im given to keep grn going ...

why dont i give up ( as ive been told many a time to - or to start my own coin based on the ideas i have for grn ) ? ... because its a good basic coin which can be built upon - with the right tools and the right people behind it ... i have the most of the ideas and infrastructure - i have the help from those that do volunteer their time to test and question and input ( which im very thankful for ) - i have the commitment ... what i dont have is the last piece of the puzzle ... a good developer ...

apart from all that - its a project that i knew would be a hard slog - and not one i intend on letting go anytime soon ... no matter how small or large it may get - unless something catastrophic occurs of course ...

grn is a basic miners coin - its long PoW period attests to that ... it provides no promises for anonymity ( or ANY promises for that matter ) or false ideals to misdirect peoples interest as most other 'scam' coins have done ... this is not the intent at all ... its simple - it can be used for trade or collection or payment without the hype of massive amounts of promises that most PoW/PoS or hybrid coins have ... and as far as i ( along with those that are still behind grn ) am concerned - it will be around for a long time to come - or as long as i can maintain it ... Wink

so in answer to your question - what so different? ... nothing at the moment - until i get a reliable and solid team together ...

besides - you need to have fun doing this 'crypto thing' as well as make money if the chance comes about ... who knows what the future holds for any of these cryptocurrencies ... may as well enjoy them while they all still exist ... and ride the wave if they succeed ... with a big smile Cheesy

i really appreciate your questions - and input ...

crysx
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
This thread never makes note of what exactly was redesigned and is almost entirely about redesigning the logo.

What's so different about this coin now from before that warranted the creation of an entirely new thread?
legendary
hi all ...

after intensive testing in fedora 20 x64 - the grn wallet is stable and running beautifully ...

now to change the inbuilt pointer for the seednodes and a few other minor adjustments ... will need to get through some more testing after that ...

tanx to those who have tested this wallet - pm me your grn addresses and ill send you a nice amount as a thank you ... Wink

crysx
legendary
hi all ...

i have successfully compiled the linux wallet for grn under fedora 20 x64 ... but not without some major hacking ...

if you are interested in testing the linux wallet ( which is GraniteCoin-qt ) then please let me know here - or pm me ...

the wallet seems stable but only if you patch the openssl installation OR create a separate installation ( and version ) of openssl ...

ill supply the details of what needs to be done in a fedora 20 ( and fedora 19/18 installs x64 as far as i know - still testing ) and most rhel based systems ...

tanx ...

crysx
legendary
hi all ...

just a notice to let you all know that mining has been switched off at coinmine ( http://www.coinmine.pw/poolinfo.php?coinid=86 ) ...

mining is still active at coinking ( https://coinking.io/dashboard.php?view=granitecoin ) and zpool ( http://www.zpool.co/pool/grn/x11 ) with dedicatedpool ( http://grn.v2.dedicatedpool.com ) having connection issues through their servers (and as yet have not repaired ) ...

so if you are still mining grn - the two active ones are still coinking and zpool ...

we are looking at various other strategies to keep a more permanent pool open thats actually owned by us - the granitiers Wink

though that is further down the track - we are open to all options and ideas ( and help if you have the skills or resources ) ...

the above pools are VERY proficient with what they do and have been VERY helpful in maintaining service to grn ... many tanx ...

keep mining and trading ... and smiling much ...

crysx
legendary
bonus block 40000 hit not long ago ...

100000 GRN to all mining that block on http://www.zpool.co/pool/grn/x11 ...

congrats ...

crysx
legendary
only a short while before block 40000 ...

almost there guys ... Wink

#crysx
legendary
all prepared ...

block 40000 about to hit ...

miners at the ready and cranking away ... Wink

have fun ...

crysx
legendary
hi all ...

hope today is a fantastic day for everyone ...

im working on getting a linux edition of the wallet running - as i have had many requests for it - and people are having a lot of trouble compiling the wallet under linux in general ...

depending on which version of linux you have will determine what is needed to get the wallet running ... so if any of you have a linux compiled version that is working - please let me know ...

i use fedora 20 - and in the past most have given up trying to compile it due to the restrictions that fedora and most redhat based systems have ...

after much research and internet trawling - the issue seems to be the openssl compilation ( specifically regarding secp256k1 curve ) that fedora ( and redhat based systems) distributes is the 'hobbled' version which is - simply put - the openssl version WITHOUT the secp256k1 coding ... this presents a big issue as secp256k1 is what satoshi initially used for the bitcoin wallet ( keys ) and so is inherent in just about every other derivative coin based on the bitcoin code - including granitecoin ...

this becomes a problem for the redhat based systems - as once the wallet is compiled - it doesnt actually run and drops in error due to the secp256k1 coding it CANT find in the openssl distribution ...

so i can try and use my limited and very rusty skills to compile ( more like 'hack' ) a qt version together - but will probably need some help along the way ...

this will be based on fedora 20 - but should work on most with the right versions of fedora and openssl ... but really - there are no promises or warranties ...

tanx to bitcointalk member newar ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/newar-59184 ) for the point in the right direction yesterday ... it was a great help ...

im hacking away at it now ... Wink

so if anyone would like to help out by ideas or testing or just plain feedback - please let me know here or via pm - it will be appreciated ( which means give me your grn wallet address - hehehe ) ...

tanx ...

crysx
Pages:
Jump to: