Pages:
Author

Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - SweepStakeCoin | Fast Fun Secure - page 20. (Read 51253 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Activity: 599
Merit: 273
---
I do not like what coinsmarkets is currently doing. I understand the problems around this meltdown, security patches, the downscale in performance and whatever, but they are just sitting there with a statement "we're not scammers! We're searching server", yeah ok it's 2 weeks now. The site goes up and down.

But you can't rule out exchanges. The best ones don't come cheap of course, but there are a lot that are still good. Stocks-exchange is a good deal if it costs "only" 0,8 btc.

I know this sounds weird, we're are the users and we only get benefits from devs paying for the listing, but such is the way of things.

Understood, but not always the way things 'should' be.

This is why a huge amount of developers drop from the scene to be consultants instead, and because the recognition is so little, let alone the pay for the huge amount of work involved, it makes little sense for us as a team of developers or a business entity, to pay for one exchange after another after another when things like this happen on a very consistent basis. We could spend TENS of thousands of dollars on listings, only to have the exchanges fall over in a couple of months or less in some cases.

So agreed on many points there, but would it not be better to wait until we can actually get on a decent exchange rather than just 'any' exchange just for the sake of being on an exchange?

I see the hash rate of SWEEP drop to very low levels, because of a number of factors, the main being the exchange. In the situation we are in currently with this coin, we will find ourselves in this situation again if we are not very picky with who we deal with, thus having MUCH LESS miners and SWEEP owners losing their coins to an exchange that cannot function as they should.

We have considered MANY times setting an exchange for CWI specifically, but the work involved means we stretch our already stretched team.

I will check some of the exchanges you have suggested, and see what happens. Are there any other exchanges that you all believe are worth the effort AND money to go on? Remembering we will never take this sort of decision lightly, not for any of our coins.

#crysx

Yep it's a cutthroat business, we agree on that. But it's all interlinked: exchanges -> chances for profit -> nethash increase. The blockchain is all around miners mining.
I stick with you for the fact you don't seem to take decisions lightly about the coins. It's a little premature to say (the coin needs new wallet etc) but you will need to stabilize the price of the Sweep.

At least that is how I believe it works. If you don't increase the value of your coins you can't buy listing in better exchanges nor you won't make any profit by mining your own coins.
I don't know if a new exchange (much more stable than coinswhatever) is going to work, it's a shot in the dark, but maybe you just need to make things move a little.

This is just my opinion.

Makes sense.

Maybe we should look at the possibility of an exchange creation specifically for the CWI-Coins alone, along withe our partner coins, and those we have good relations with/mine with, remembering that SWEEP is one of the coins here that we need to cater for, regardless of whether the other coins have an exchange or not.

We have been in discussion for a while with a long term 'friend' in the Crypto Industry (also an owner of a good coin which he has built to a very comfortable level now), and we are looking at a number of potential paths that can be taken. We may be able to work with him, and he with us, or even merge portions of the developments in some way. That could also be another avenue.

#crysx

In that case you should go big then. If you're planning a serious work on a private exchange on your own, you should start to think about issuing your own "stock" tokens. Maybe on ethereum smart contracts?

If this will be the case ... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge I love where this is going!

Btw: do you have any slack/discord?
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I do not like what coinsmarkets is currently doing. I understand the problems around this meltdown, security patches, the downscale in performance and whatever, but they are just sitting there with a statement "we're not scammers! We're searching server", yeah ok it's 2 weeks now. The site goes up and down.

But you can't rule out exchanges. The best ones don't come cheap of course, but there are a lot that are still good. Stocks-exchange is a good deal if it costs "only" 0,8 btc.

I know this sounds weird, we're are the users and we only get benefits from devs paying for the listing, but such is the way of things.

This is why a huge amount of developers drop from the scene to be consultants instead, and because the recognition is so little, let alone the pay for the huge amount of work involved, it makes little sense for us as a team of developers or a business entity, to pay for one exchange after another after another when things like this happen on a very consistent basis. We could spend TENS of thousands of dollars on listings, only to have the exchanges fall over in a couple of months or less in some cases.

So agreed on many points there, but would it not be better to wait until we can actually get on a decent exchange rather than just 'any' exchange just for the sake of being on an exchange?

I see the hash rate of SWEEP drop to very low levels, because of a number of factors, the main being the exchange. In the situation we are in currently with this coin, we will find ourselves in this situation again if we are not very picky with who we deal with, thus having MUCH LESS miners and SWEEP owners losing their coins to an exchange that cannot function as they should.

We have considered MANY times setting an exchange for CWI specifically, but the work involved means we stretch our already stretched team.

I will check some of the exchanges you have suggested, and see what happens. Are there any other exchanges that you all believe are worth the effort AND money to go on? Remembering we will never take this sort of decision lightly, not for any of our coins.

#crysx

Yep it's a cutthroat business, we agree on that. But it's all interlinked: exchanges -> chances for profit -> nethash increase. The blockchain is all around miners mining.
I stick with you for the fact you don't seem to take decisions lightly about the coins. It's a little premature to say (the coin needs new wallet etc) but you will need to stabilize the price of the Sweep.

At least that is how I believe it works. If you don't increase the value of your coins you can't buy listing in better exchanges nor you won't make any profit by mining your own coins.
I don't know if a new exchange (much more stable than coinswhatever) is going to work, it's a shot in the dark, but maybe you just need to make things move a little.

This is just my opinion.

Makes sense.

Maybe we should look at the possibility of an exchange creation specifically for the CWI-Coins alone, along withe our partner coins, and those we have good relations with/mine with, remembering that SWEEP is one of the coins here that we need to cater for, regardless of whether the other coins have an exchange or not.

We have been in discussion for a while with a long term 'friend' in the Crypto Industry (also an owner of a good coin which he has built to a very comfortable level now), and we are looking at a number of potential paths that can be taken. We may be able to work with him, and he with us, or even merge portions of the developments in some way. That could also be another avenue.

#crysx
---

#crysx

This is just my opinion.
legendary
https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/

To add a new coin to Yobit please you need to fill out the form below.
Payment method: YobiCode
Listing type:
• Free - 0.00 btc - no guarantee
• Premium - 0.1 btc - 4-7 business days (no guarantee in case of compilation issues)
• Exclusive - 0.5 btc - 2-3 business days (no guarantee in case of compilation issues)

We will NEVER accept that Yobit is anything but a a bunch of GREED RIDDEN people.

We have a long and very bad history with them, and refuse to go anywhere near them, let alone promote them in any way, shape or form.

Thanks for trying to suggest though Smiley

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 117
Merit: 2
https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/

To add a new coin to Yobit please you need to fill out the form below.
Payment method: YobiCode
Listing type:
• Free - 0.00 btc - no guarantee
• Premium - 0.1 btc - 4-7 business days (no guarantee in case of compilation issues)
• Exclusive - 0.5 btc - 2-3 business days (no guarantee in case of compilation issues)
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
legendary

#crysx
---

legendary
Exchanges ...

The stupid thing is coinsmarkets ARE functional and ARE capable bringing the market back online ANYTIME they 'want' to.

So what is the big deal with them?

With exchanges like this, I would rather we get delisted, to alleviate any of these issues. They CANNOT blame us for a nonfunctional daemon/wallet as they have had a fully functional one that have been using and can continue to use, for their exchange. The exchange sits on a windows server, which I have my own opinions on but that is another story, AND they have the previous daemon, so where is the issue in bringing this daemon back online?

Other exchanges are on the radar, but not our immediate priority. If most of you who mine, mine on our pool, you will see that I personally mine there also and am accumulating the coins. This is because good things not only take time, but require patience. I do agree that trade is an important part of the functionality of the coins community, but what else can we do when we have no control over ANY exchange. Even though exchanges have pricing for listing, that NEVER assures you of admission into the exchange. This has happened to many coins, including one of the coins in CWI.

My advice is simple. Wait. For how long? Well, not too long as coins are useless if they cannot be used in any form, including trading.

I am thoroughly frustrated with exchanges that make themselves out to be competent, but act in ways that not only show incompetence, but also greed at varying levels.

We will work this out one way or another, that much I guarantee. How and when is another story.

#crysx
Activity: 51
Stocks.exchange cost 0.8 btc and works nice

Actually i got millions of sweep stuck on coinsmarkets...nice  Grin
---
Still coinsmarket is not working. We should really take into consideration an alternative market (a cheaper one).

Stocks.exchange maybe? Seems quite solid...
legendary
wallet compiled on ubuntu 16.04
but terminates after starting throwing the following error

sni-qt void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() invalid interface to  SNW_SERVICE

core dumped

searched github no solution found.

Hi combat007,

Did you compile from HEAD/Master?

If so, it will not work. The current code is broken for the time being, as we wanted to remove TOR altogether.

What you will need to do is clone from Master then checkout from the previous commit.

ie ...

git clone https://github.com/chainworksindustries/sweepstakecoin.git && git checkout https://github.com/chainworksindustries/sweepstakecoin/commit/2cc44248478fb5878e61df553a1ce4b0dceb11b5
cd sweepstakecoin

... and then proceed to make either daemon or qt or both.

I see you have published in git also, I'll copy this to there in case anyone else has these issues.

Hope this helps.

#crysx
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
wallet compiled on ubuntu 16.04
but terminates after starting throwing the following error

sni-qt void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() invalid interface to  SNW_SERVICE

core dumped

searched github no solution found.
legendary
So is the Chainworks website / Influx rebranding still happening in January? chainworksindustries.com has a countdown timer that hit zero and still no website.

The countdown page has not been updated for a while now.

The actual countdown was meant to be removed altogether, as the webdev had a few other commitments to finish before restarting the website.

Now we have a time frame for him to restart, which we will not publish until we have those times set in stone, but I can say that as soon as his contract is completed, he will start on the base site for CWI-WebSite and the rest will follow after that during the year, including all the coin websites/pages within CWI-WebSite.

You are asking about InfluxCoin in the SweepStake thread, So I've answered in a more generic sense. ALL the projects will be attended to, and there NEVER ONCE was published my us that INFLUX will be rebranded this month.

If I/WE don't publish it, it is mere speculation. No matter who publishes what, where. Especially if they have not communicated or spoken to ME (or our CWI-Marketing arm which will be setup this year) directly.

#crysx
Activity: 2
So is the Chainworks website / Influx rebranding still happening in January? chainworksindustries.com has a countdown timer that hit zero and still no website.
---
Yea something like Cryptopia, this market seems to be stable.
Would be a great thing to see Sweepstakecoin on cryptopia

Cryptopia is very costly. I've seen Galactrum being paid 88k dollars to be listed on this exchange.
That's up to the devs.

We will not spend that sort of money on a listing.

We would rather spend that sort of money on the development of the coin THEN gather the extra cash to list it.

#crysx

No, that kind of money is way out of question.

Have you considered other exchanges? Like stock.exchange for example. What about flyp.me ?
Pages:
Jump to: