Pages:
Author

Topic: A coin issued by some country government - would you go for it? - page 8. (Read 942 times)

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504
if ant governments would issue a coin than it would go mainstream really quick because it will give so much confidence to people as they will go after it immediately, the drawbacks are it can weaken their own currency.
But it's decentralized and quite opposite to what we have right now which is a decentarlized economic so people who would go for it are those who just trying to make profit off an investment. i'm not being pathetic by saying that this is a bad thing but if it could make me profit I would go in too.
But however, if the government that issue the coin are those comes from 3rd world country or even top 10 poorest country, no way I would go to invest to it because the chance is just too slim.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
if ant governments would issue a coin than it would go mainstream really quick because it will give so much confidence to people as they will go after it immediately, the drawbacks are it can weaken their own currency.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?

I will still prefer on investing in bitcoins because the price of bitcoins is the highest priced cryptocurrency and because of that we can expect to earn a huge amount of profit when the market pumped up depending on its volatility.
Activity: 166
Merit: 12
It is very dependent on the particular government. for example, Petro did not arouse my special interest. On the other hand, the coin released, for example, by the European Union can be extremely interesting for investment.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
I think it is against decentralisation and the whole mindset of cryptocurrency but we don't even know what blockchain  is capable of and if the technology of that coin is solid and benefits society, why not?
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
I will check the coin in-depth.I will check with the white paper and team.If all them are perfect,I will inverse in that coin.If you get into coin at earlier stage ,you will get more profit when it reaches maximum raise.No need to worry about the origin of the coin.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 4
Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?

I would invest in the government issued coin if it was set up properly. Not like ripple with an unlimited supply or some other way to centralise and control it. It needs to be on a publicly controlled blockchain with full transparency
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
To be honest, I would definitely use it because the government would take a step further to optimise the potential of traditional fiat currencies so if it would definitely have more benefits as compared to that of the current Fiat payment system. However, I won't call it a truly decentralized cryptocurrency because even in the worst case government will never share the control with anyone else so even if it is on blockchain it doesn't mean that it is decentralized. There will be people who will always use pea and currencies irrespective of the benefits of cryptocurrencies and if it is from merchant side then as the user we have to reciprocate the payment method of their convenience.
Activity: 217

I think I will investing my money on that coin. Coin issued by government must be back up by tax payer and government trust and thats must be a good investment. I think that will make cryptocurrency market more healthy and more bigger
Yes that tax will be present when they make a coin for government. It will took some time but its been 80-90% chance of making it to ruled again a particular country who will going to provide the use and require it to buy some goods in the future.
Activity: 602

I think I will investing my money on that coin. Coin issued by government must be back up by tax payer and government trust and thats must be a good investment. I think that will make cryptocurrency market more healthy and more bigger
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
No I will never invest in a cryptocurrency created by a government the reason of the creation of bitcoin was to create a payment system independent from government control, besides such a currency will have probably 3 failures points, first everything will be recorded by the government, second they will print as much currency as they want and finally you will not really control your coins anymore.
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
If the Government issues their own cryptocurrency then it means it would be centralized & state would be having a record of its citizens that would(if) they hold state-issued cryptocurrencies. It may work as same as fiat money that working in a current era, which would be adopted as state crypto and all the buying/selling would be allowed but in their own country but that coin can be exchanged with another country cryptocurrency same as fiat exchange. By doing so the concept of decentralization would have nothing to do with state cryptocurrency.
Activity: 322
Merit: 251
Some point it say it is an assurance that when you invest your money in this coin will be high, since they will do a lot of fund raising to make the project successful because when we say 'national' coin it is a big responsibility since this represent a country and its economy so you will not jus play around... and you need to be engaged on serious business.
If country issues a coin that will restrict that coin to its own country because they oppose the decentralized currencies and if they want to open it for the world then they will be making it decentralized because this currency will not survive in other countries as other countries have also restrictions, they want to make their own currency better. I suggest decentralized currencies and moreover the valuable one as this is open everywhere. However a government will benefit in its own country if issues its own coin.
Activity: 372
I'm still stay crypto that no one of government involve because if they do that theres a possibility that they manipulate the market even they sure that their coin is good I'm stay in bitcoin and other currency but not involved with government.
Activity: 462
Merit: 1

I will definitely go for it because it means that such a coin has got a guarantee to stay but as for weather it will gain more attention than some of the big coins today will solely depend on the economy and industrial power of the country in question, how influential they are will be a determinant factor
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Then again, a country backed crypto currency has a good potential especyif you're one of the firsts.
Not all countries will do the same unless they are looking to pull off the same scam as what Maduro did. In more realistic terms governments will tokenize their fiat system and have it operate on a 1:1 basis.

You are subject to all the negativity from traditional fiat currencies, but just in a different jacket. It grants you more overall convenience, and the governments more overall control. People shouldn't fall for it.

They will be able to dictate every aspect of what you do financially, and that without needing the banks to cooperate. People will become more of a slave of this system than ever before.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
If the coin is very versatile then it would be popular. But if the coin is just a replacement for fiat then it would only be popular in that country and i don't think that it would price much at all. Then again, a country backed crypto currency has a good potential especyif you're one of the firsts.

The potentiality would not be as big as bitcoin or other coins reason is that only those country people would be interested in buying/selling and all other population of the world would still be interested in the btc . So when it comes for price rise this all coins would only fire better than government coin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
If the coin is very versatile then it would be popular. But if the coin is just a replacement for fiat then it would only be popular in that country and i don't think that it would price much at all. Then again, a country backed crypto currency has a good potential especyif you're one of the firsts.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
Well it depends. What kind of projects will the "country coin" have? I'm guessin it will be more for exchanges in the country itself. If the country can actually back up the coin and raise it's value, then fiat will be useless. But then again, banks won't let it happen at all.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
If this kind of thing happen here in my country, no doubt I buy as many as I can. Simly because a coin created by government is a huge project. 100% no scam scheme, community power is the whole land of the country. The volume is already there, high chance that price will go high,  can be called a sure investment.
some of your opinion is right.but how about it's guarantee,we know petrol issued with big guarantee for it.if country that issued cryptocurrency is big country and strong in their economy it can be choice or our invesment portofolio.
Pages:
Jump to: