Pages:
Author

Topic: A coin issued by some country government - would you go for it? - page 6. (Read 942 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Yeah! why not, if government would support some coin or develop some, I think they would have a great ICO, with all signs of success!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
I totally would.
If a government would issue a cryptocurrency, that would mean that the country is transitioning over digital money with the purpose of convenience and benefits over the traditional fiat and ideally to be used widely on the area.
I do not think that there is much of a choice except to go with it, the government is powerful.
Interesting then who will make the coin? Who will be the developer of the government? then how is the centralized system becoming the main system of government? I'm glad to hear that, and of course it's going to be a strong and reliable coin but the question, is they want to create their own cryptocurrency which is a system different from their financial system?
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
In my opinion, only the centralized national currency of your country deserves attention, since it can partially replace the national money and provide certain convenience in its use. Other centralized coins of different countries, most likely, will not be of interest to us from a practical point of view.
The situation may be different at the international level when using interstate agreements. Most likely, the states will prefer centralized crypto currency, taking into account its stability and decentralized use in trade agreements will not be.
Activity: 251
Merit: 2
Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?

Every country has able to do what ever they want to do their Government because all intention for progress to their Government are benefited to their constituents  all the benefits is rewarded to their community so there's no problem about they build their own coins, and its up to them on how the people  strong support their own creation.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?

It depends if the coin developed by the government has value. If there is no value, I would not go for it because I do not want to waste my money. But if that coin is very potential and has ability to grow, then why not. However, this would be complicated case because the government may put tax in that coin.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
No. Why I would choose the centralized coin. The governments created by governments will surely be centralized, no matter what they will have a control over it. It is indeed blockchain gave us an ability to help improve privacy and anonymity for being the public ledger. But I believe what governments create is just similar to what Ripple does.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
It depends which country tbh. Government is shady in general but some even more so than others lol
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
I would buy some just to support the government but I do not think that it can as much successful as bitcoins. Most of the crypto  investors will trust only old and reliable coins.
Good idea.It's not really bad to invest even a small amount into a crypto coin issued by a government since most of the people will be heading for it.But i won't leave my investments in bitcoin because it's a sure thing that i can gain huge profit compared to a newly invented crypto coin which has no assurance that it will really lasts even a year or two.
Activity: 518
Merit: 257
Yes, definitely I’ll buy it. I mean obviously I will anticipate first its potential, the idea, how it works and everything, but since it will be issued by government there will lot of advantages. The coin will remain stable since it is backed by government. There will be less pumps and dumps and more profits. So we would be able to invest in that coin more confidently without fearing much about uncertainties.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
I totally would.
If a government would issue a cryptocurrency, that would mean that the country is transitioning over digital money with the purpose of convenience and benefits over the traditional fiat and ideally to be used widely on the area.
I do not think that there is much of a choice except to go with it, the government is powerful.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Of course, it depends on which government would support that coin, because if it is my government I doubd, that would go into it!
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
Attention can be earned only one centralized crypto currency - this is the country's crypto currency. It is the coin of his country that may still be suitable for our use. It's worth to buy to check how it will work in practice, can, and will provide certain usability. The centralized crypto currency of other countries, in my opinion, will be of little interest to us.
Activity: 101
Merit: 4
I would buy some just to support the government but I do not think that it can as much successful as bitcoins. Most of the crypto  investors will trust only old and reliable coins.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
Yes of course! Why not? I want to join one of the government to support our government. It's also for our future and for the country's economy. Thanks. .
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
The idea of creating a state own crypto currency will not be supported by the people, since the state crypto currency will not be anonymous and will limit users in monetary transactions. The state should implement the already existing crypto-currencies and not resist progress.

Well we have yet to see it. Some countries Like Japan is already planning to implement a state backed cryptocurrency. Even though its backbone is blockchain technology, it is still a centralized currency that is controlled by the government but since it technology will be base on blockchain then it would be more efficient and has less cost than making and circulating the physical coins known as fiat. I would assume that still many people would use it because it is backed by government and it is regulated and people tends to trust more the money backed by government than the existing ones that are decentralized.

If I have no choice but to use it then I'll go with it. Maybe our government would decide that we cannot directly purchase or sell other cryptocurrencies to fiat but instead we should exchange it to their currency so I have to go through it just to have some fiat since it is an undeniable fact that we still need fiat in our lives because cryptocurrency has still limited scope.
Activity: 176
Yes it will as most of its going investors will be on government it was expected annually since cryptocurrency is a good source of money capitalization or crowd funding that they will not needing so much money for them to use and they will go for an ico to make this things happens.

I've read a news a while ago the is related to the topic.

https://kryptonexgroup.com/?clickID=5eweu5lekkxn&aff=&c=PH&tid=102f944a797b70fff4b5f6938fb2c9&aff_id=1209

If that is the case then there will no more foreign exchange. Paper currency suffers from inflation therefore for investors it is more profitable to invest in a coin backed by the government. It will also give the investor the convinience of investing becausw it is cryprocurrency and they can also invest in other country's crypto with ease.
Activity: 454
"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"
If the coin they issue is good. I will go for it. But now i prefer to invest in coin that are establish long enough. I hard to go for coins that are controlled by governments.
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
The idea of creating a state own crypto currency will not be supported by the people, since the state crypto currency will not be anonymous and will limit users in monetary transactions. The state should implement the already existing crypto-currencies and not resist progress.
Activity: 376
Merit: 250
It does not matter what country creates a cryptocurrency I will never use it, the first cryptocurrency bitcoin was created by satoshi as an effort to get away from the current economic system, and I'm not going to begin to use a cryptocurrency that is nothing more than a fiat currency that is designed to keep us captive of a system that is institutionalized fraud.
I don't really want the government get involve in crypto since they might make some manipulation to their people, but if they will make coin that can do easy access on government facilities or will implement wide use it will be a good idea tho.
Activity: 322
Merit: 251

I think I will investing my money on that coin. Coin issued by government must be back up by tax payer and government trust and thats must be a good investment. I think that will make cryptocurrency market more healthy and more bigger
I will go for the coin if issue by my country as my country is against the crypto world and are in the dark for a long time, similarly some other countries are also against crypto coins and this made them stay on their places on economy level and other countries are going ahead those use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. If this happens I will invest even in the start as I know about the crypto nature and this will lead me towards success.
Pages:
Jump to: