Pages:
Author

Topic: A coin issued by some country government - would you go for it? - page 9. (Read 942 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 275
Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?

Surely it will draw the attention of many investors. I mean it will keep the eyes of every crypto investors wide open as government themselves will be having issuance of the crypto coin.

But there will be some questions that will be mandatory to know :

Whether the government issued coins will be decentralised one or would they be partly decentarslikd one?
Or whether they will be regulating it completely and just showing us the dreams of crypto world?

I mea everyone knows whats happening with the XRP. Its just unbelievable coin as they keep on regulating the prices. So hope we dont end up investing in such coin issued by the government thus making it waste of time.
Activity: 64
Merit: 100
As long as it is available to other country people then yes I will surely buy it because it is issued by government and thus it has just got more trusted than any other coin in the market. I will always buy such coins as they will have more and more users and the more the user for any asset means more demand and thus more prices in the future to come. So basically as an investors I am just looking at the profits that I might be getting from it.  Smiley

Whether it is from different country or my own, if it has the government tag then surely it is something huge for us. They might just use it for the public services increasing it value a lot more due to utility purposes and hence I am always ready to buy such coin.
Activity: 520
Merit: 250
Obvious Should go for it, because it is regulated inside the country and we can use it as legal tender. If govt. had made own crypto that means they would have to legalize the other crypto also i.e ETH, BTC, XRP, XLM etc . actually it would be good signal to crypto supporter
Still depends on what its use, if it will be fully implemented and use in many organizations and establishments then it will be better for it will give easier transactions,  it will be good if its fully implemented.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
If this kind of thing happen here in my country, no doubt I buy as many as I can. Simly because a coin created by government is a huge project. 100% no scam scheme, community power is the whole land of the country. The volume is already there, high chance that price will go high,  can be called a sure investment.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
If a country issues COINS, the country should keep its COINS safe.

If implemented, this development will improve the financial situation of investment citizens. I'm going to invest in some of these COINS because I'm interested in new things.
copper member
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
ofcourse not, there's never nice gov coin ever
Activity: 72
The same is happening with apple but they havent still faced any harms or failure in thir economic policy.
Activity: 98
Some point it say it is an assurance that when you invest your money in this coin will be high, since they will do a lot of fund raising to make the project successful because when we say 'national' coin it is a big responsibility since this represent a country and its economy so you will not jus play around... and you need to be engaged on serious business.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
Obvious Should go for it, because it is regulated inside the country and we can use it as legal tender. If govt. had made own crypto that means they would have to legalize the other crypto also i.e ETH, BTC, XRP, XLM etc . actually it would be good signal to crypto supporter
Activity: 392
First of all, I want to see the credibility of this country in the country!

The encrypted currency issued by a country with high credit rating will be invested, because the national issued encryption currency has the credit of this country to be endorsed, with the potential of appreciation!
Activity: 488
A country own cryptocurrency is not really a bad thing .  It also still signifies that  cryptocurrency is being accepted by many governments. Though, I have heard that some countries have started this, but don't know how true this is. This development will improve the financial state of the citizens who invested, if implemented. But I personally won't invest in such currency,  cause it will be more centralized.
Issuing ICO Is not a bad thing but authentication is mandatory to catch the attraction of people. If I know that new ICO if a certain country is not valuable I will never invest in it, because I want profit against my investment and if there is no sign of profit I will never waste my time and money. Anyway it is good for the promotion of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
Better if  the government released  their own coin 100%  not goofy, but if government released their own coin for sure with a small value compared to other coins like bitcoin etc, and also sure that you will be less tax, how ever i would go even the government less a tax for it and even the coin have a smaller value compared to others.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
I would go for it because that means that the government are engaging their attention to cryptocurrencies and it might a good opportunity to make a lot of money because they will developed that cryptocurrency for the better in the future and if you know the buy low sell high then you know that it is best to buy their cryptocurrency while they a are cheap and in the ico and sell when they are at the top.
Activity: 74
I think i will use it ofcourse if it is developed in my own country only.
Activity: 25
As they said, I think it defeats the purpose of cryptocurrency. It is necessary to ask why they would want to implement it, based on which project or with what intent.

Activity: 81
Merit: 1
Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?

Lol, if that happens, I think that it can only result to bad out comes since it is pretty obvious that when they do this, they will clearly ban other crypto currencies out there so people would be using the crypto currency that they will be promoting. And they would probably be going for a centralized and heavily monitored type of crypto. It would not be any different from fiat that we use on credit cards or anything of the sort.
If there is decentralized cryptocurrency in the market available for investment I will never support a centralized crypto because the profit margin will be less than decentralized coin. It is good for only those who country issue their own cryptocurrency because they will trust the most because of the government controlled crypto, but generally it is not good.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
It depends on which government issued it and its motive on issuing it in the first place.

That could be something - however, it's safe to assume that all government issued crypto is going to be centralized, and the controls are essentially still handed to them. There is absolutely no change. If they want to actually let their citizens use a decentralized crypto, they would have done so with existing cryptos like Bitcoin.

For me, as I said, I would avoid centralized cryptocurrencies entirely, regardless of which country issues them. They simply aren't backed by anything, even if they claim to (cough cough *Petro*), since there is absolutely no guarantee they are going to redeem their promises.

One drawback i could think of is that coins issued by the government is most likely politically driven. Meaning, its aim isnt to offer a decentralized solution, but maybe it's just more ways getting away with corruption.

Anything relating to issuing one's own currency, on any platform, is politically driven. Just like Venezuela's crypto-fiat. Not sure how it could help corruption, though.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
To speak the economy, it is possible to fiat the country's currency will lose money because bitcoin currency does not have taxes, on the contrary the country's currency has taxes and capital for the manufacture of currency. If bitcoins are legal in the country, we may be able to use coins to transact and shop, but this is a debate and it takes time to make it happen just like arranging the concept of payment and bitcoin sales in the country. You can see the Chinese country, they try to make digital money but the country gets access to control the digital money, but they are still thinking of ways how to access digital currency and how to control it.
Activity: 65

Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?
Probably yes. Look, nowadays there are many scam ICO and if not a scam the project is not able to succeed. That is if time will come that the government is the one that is promoting an ICO, such project is surely a promising that will easily attract the investors. I am also convinced that the investors will not hesitate to participate because they know that the project will surely succeed.
Activity: 297
Merit: 100
I think that it would totally depend on the country that will issue a cryptocurrency in their own. So I would for start look on their life level.
If this case is put aside, and we consider any other thing element related to our life if issued by our government for the sake of our benefit, I think we must be going for that. Reason is, there should be some profit hidden in that for us that must be carved out and get benefited. Plus there would be safe and secure way of doing that, legalization. Same is the case with coin and we must go for that.
Pages:
Jump to: