Pages:
Author

Topic: A Complete Guide to P2Pool - Merged Mining (BTC/NMC/DVC/IXC/I0C) plus LTC, Linux - page 13. (Read 198674 times)

legendary
Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010
sorry to part hijack ur thread, but just wanted to say if anyone doesn't want to have to run their own p2pool and all the clients you are more than welcome to join on my pool i opened up for testing here http://fuzzypool.mine.bz/

Mine all the Merged mined coins and get payout for them as well.  Over 150GH locally and soon to be rising further Smiley all welcome

sorry again for the thread hijack! pls delete if you do not want this here

FuzzyBear
Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
COINMIXER.NET
if you have no other screens running "screen -r" will connect you to the p2pool screen
To leave the screen and return to the main console press "ctl  a + d"
Perfect got it, thanks!
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
if you have no other screens running "screen -r" will connect you to the p2pool screen
i think he's looking for like the website info?  "p2pool console"?

127.0.0.1:9332?
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
COINMIXER.NET
Before I give this all a try could someone tell me if this is still the best and most up to date P2Pool guide?

I plan on making a BTC/NMC/DVC/IXC/I0C p2pool just for a few friends.

Thanks,

It's not the most up to date, you'll have to find the latest versions of some of the wallets yourself as the git links have changed on a few of them, but it is the best guide. You can also add Groupcoin (GRP) to the mix if you like, if you're using Linux that is.

Think I finally have everything running, the bitcoin side certainly works but not so sure about the merged-mining. Any wait to test it?

I did the screen command so i dont see any console. Is there a command I can use to bring up the p2pool console?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
And wait.......and wait........wait a little more........just a bit longer....... Cheesy Wink
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
You'll see "Got Merged Mining Work!" in the P2Pool console.  If you're getting that, it's working.  Then just wait for your payouts...
COINMIXER.NET
Before I give this all a try could someone tell me if this is still the best and most up to date P2Pool guide?

Thanks,

It's not the most up to date, you'll have to find the latest versions of some of the wallets yourself as the git links have changed on a few of them, but it is the best guide. You can also add Groupcoin (GRP) to the mix if you like, if you're using Linux that is.

Think I finally have everything running, the bitcoin side certainly works but not so sure about the merged-mining. Any wait to test it?

Thanks HellDiver, that makes me fell a bit more comfortable.... Grin I never thought of that.

I got a NMC payment just after midnight there.  A whole 0.4NMC.  Whoop.  Shocked  I'm rich.  Roll Eyes

Yeah? Diddly squat here still....... Sad

Thanks,

Thanks HellDiver, that makes me fell a bit more comfortable.... Grin I never thought of that.

I got a NMC payment just after midnight there.  A whole 0.4NMC.  Whoop.  Shocked  I'm rich.  Roll Eyes
COINMIXER.NET

Thanks,
Well, if it's any help, I've not had a payment in a week or so, I'm using the latest namecoin-qt on Windows.  My p2pool is saying it's getting merged mining work OK. 

I wonder now that BTCGuild and Eligius are doing NMC merged mining, is p2pool not finding so many blocks?  Those two big pools must be finding lots of blocks?
Hey guys,

Need a little advice here. I upgraded to the latest namecoin-qt client a few weeks ago, but since I did I've not had any merged mine payments into the wallet. I had a few problems getting the updated client compiled & running, resulting in me somehow loosing all but one of my receive addresses (don't ask me how I managed to do that  Huh) I created another receive address & called it "p2pool" hoping that would make a difference - but no - still no payments. I get absolutely no errors in p2pool and frequently get 5 x "got new merged mining work" for the 5 coins I'm mining, plus the btc one of course.

Is there any way to check that p2pool is recognising the wallet address it's supposed to be paying into? If so, could someone tell me how to check this?

Thanks people  Grin

Edit: or is it just an extraordinarily long bad luck streak?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Pretty much - you can look at any P2Pool's stats page, there's a graph for bandwidth right there.

Good call, thanks.
Pretty much - you can look at any P2Pool's stats page, there's a graph for bandwidth right there.
Mine was doing about 40kB/s, BTC and NMC.   There's very little bandwidth required.

Thanks! Is that 40kB/s sustained? That seems like a lot in the course of a month, by my math: 40k * 60 * 60 * 24 * 30 = 103,680,000k/month. That's almost half my ISP's bandwidth cap.   Sad  But maybe I'm miscalculating?
Mine was doing about 40kB/s, BTC and NMC.   There's very little bandwidth required.
From reading this thread, I get the impression that running a merged p2pool requires quite a bit more Internet bandwidth than solo mining. Does anybody have a ballpark figure for the bandwidth requirements? Is it in the range of kbps/sec, Mbps/sec? I'm thinking of setting this up, but I don't want it to hog my bandwidth or cause me to hit my ISP's bandwidth cap.
Pages:
Jump to: