Pages:
Author

Topic: A currency or investment? - page 2. (Read 3432 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
July 03, 2015, 01:22:25 AM
For me, Bitcoin is a investment because it is a earning source but it is also a good currency Smiley
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
July 02, 2015, 10:45:51 PM
Same with me, I take bitcoin as a currency first, and then a investment. That's what bitcoin is, but not for me. Because I invest in bitcoin more than I buy/sell goods with it. I don't ever buy anything with bitcoin for myself. But I do invest in it. So that's just for me, and I believe for most people on this forum. Just like money itself, but dollars is used more as a currency.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
July 02, 2015, 07:48:24 PM
It's solidly in the investment column as long as assholes won't stop selling BTC for less than the All-Time High.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
July 02, 2015, 07:42:17 PM
Alright. I have seen so many threads asking people to vote what they take Bitcoin as. These include currency, investment, payment and tipping etc. Now, if you can only choose between currency and investment.. What do you take Bitcoin as?

I take Bitcoin as a form of currency and investment. However, currency come first. I have never invested my money into Bitcoin. I only invested my time into Bitcoin.

I went to exchange and try to sell them at high price. Upon receiving the money from selling, I try to buy them again at lower price. This way, I can 1.2x or 1.4x my Bitcoin. And I will spend them online. I will never exchange them into USD or whatsoever currency and than withdraw them - unless I'm forced to.

What about you? Currency or investment?

Many users start with choosing it as a currency and then eventually use it as an investment. For me too, it seems like an investment obviously because it is more promising and reliable. Bitcoin is a really good investment and provides a profitable future gain.

Nope, I think many of them start because its like 'free money' to them, they can earn without doing so much things at first but now bitcoin is really give them hope to change their life so they are start on changing this to investment. Bitcoin for short term yes it is good enough, but I dont think that bitcoin as long term investment is really good enough compare to others long term investments like gold or real estates

I disagree with you regarding the bitcoin as a long term investment. Yes, the risk quotient right now is high as compared to gold and real estate but I think that bitcoin will truly be beneficial if it is perceived as a long term investment rather than just a little free money. It is really developing as a currency at the moment, but considering ti as a back up investment, just buying 1 btc isn't that bad I guess

You wont even know about how will bitcoin go for the future. People here are saying that bitcoin is going to rise in some years may be 10-20 years but thats all is just speculation, although I know that bitcoin is a developing coin that will earn you a lot but without any support bitcoin wont be a good investment at all. Get one bitcoin is not enough if you are make this as your back up investment because it is too little for covering what you loss in the future with bitcoin price around $500

Bitcoin is constantly getting more support from a lot of fronts. A super long term investment of 20 years may make sense to own at least 1 BTC, but to be on the safe side, I would own at least 2 figures of BTC in my stack to be on a guaranteed success area.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
July 02, 2015, 04:44:16 PM
Alright. I have seen so many threads asking people to vote what they take Bitcoin as. These include currency, investment, payment and tipping etc. Now, if you can only choose between currency and investment.. What do you take Bitcoin as?

I take Bitcoin as a form of currency and investment. However, currency come first. I have never invested my money into Bitcoin. I only invested my time into Bitcoin.

I went to exchange and try to sell them at high price. Upon receiving the money from selling, I try to buy them again at lower price. This way, I can 1.2x or 1.4x my Bitcoin. And I will spend them online. I will never exchange them into USD or whatsoever currency and than withdraw them - unless I'm forced to.

This is a big issue and there is not a lot of agreement.  One of the major problems bitcoin has with adoption is governments settling on an answer.  In the US this problem is highlighted by the IRS viewing bitcoin as property while FINCEN views it as a currency.  We have to deal with regulations for both - very problematic.

Personally, I lean and prefer currency, but that would require it have a fairly stable value, and as a deflationary currency, I don't think that is too likely.

Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
July 02, 2015, 12:42:08 PM

Many users start with choosing it as a currency and then eventually use it as an investment. For me too, it seems like an investment obviously because it is more promising and reliable. Bitcoin is a really good investment and provides a profitable future gain.

Nope, I think many of them start because its like 'free money' to them, they can earn without doing so much things at first but now bitcoin is really give them hope to change their life so they are start on changing this to investment. Bitcoin for short term yes it is good enough, but I dont think that bitcoin as long term investment is really good enough compare to others long term investments like gold or real estates

I disagree with you regarding the bitcoin as a long term investment. Yes, the risk quotient right now is high as compared to gold and real estate but I think that bitcoin will truly be beneficial if it is perceived as a long term investment rather than just a little free money. It is really developing as a currency at the moment, but considering ti as a back up investment, just buying 1 btc isn't that bad I guess

You wont even know about how will bitcoin go for the future. People here are saying that bitcoin is going to rise in some years may be 10-20 years but thats all is just speculation, although I know that bitcoin is a developing coin that will earn you a lot but without any support bitcoin wont be a good investment at all. Get one bitcoin is not enough if you are make this as your back up investment because it is too little for covering what you loss in the future with bitcoin price around $500
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 02, 2015, 12:23:07 PM

legendary
July 02, 2015, 11:21:33 AM

Nope, I think many of them start because its like 'free money' to them, they can earn without doing so much things at first but now bitcoin is really give them hope to change their life so they are start on changing this to investment. Bitcoin for short term yes it is good enough, but I dont think that bitcoin as long term invesment is really good enough compare to others long term investments like gold or real estates
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 02, 2015, 11:03:58 AM

legendary
July 02, 2015, 10:56:48 AM
I’m absolutely certain that in some parts of the world at the moment you could gain investment with the following business plan:
1) Create new digital currency.
2) Allocate 10% of new coins to investors.
3) Profit!

So I’m not sure that I see anything to stop a near endless invention of new digital currencies. And given that I don’t I can’t see what value most to all of them are going to end up having.

Link to complete article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/12/12/why-invest-in-bitcoin-when-you-could-invest-in-another-currency/

That is a nice article, thank you for posting. I feel the same a out how all these other crypto currencies just start their own currency, give out 10% to owners,etc and after proper moves, start gaining profit. Bitcoin is obviously strong and better, but such currencies kill the respect quotient.

Yes, but even if bitcoin might be the first crypto currency in the world, it doesn't mean that it will be the last. The only thing which keeps bitcoin ahead of others is more thorough adaptation of this currency compared to others.
Creating new altcoins is total waste of potential. Only delusional fools possessed by greed are going that way. I was fooled before by promises of new altcoins and I won't be fooled again.
All we truly need is put all resources into bitcoin and improve it - it will the best course of action. Stop Wasting time on the pump and dump trash coin.

I guess there are many people said that they get a good profit from mining altcoin here, so why now you suggest us to wasting out time there? Yes it is wasting time because you can't miss any chance of rising so I didnt understand why you ask us to left there when it still can earn you really good amount of money?

I do use Bitcoin as a currency to purchase things some times. It can be a mix of both, a currency and an investment, i guess. I have invested Bitcoin, and I have also used Bitcoin to purchase things. If Bitcoin was accepted everywhere, then I would be more than happy to use Bitcoin as mainly a currency.

Actually bitcoin be the both, I personally use bitcoin as both.

I don't think if bitcoin be a main currency, except the gov/country is collapse like Greece, they use bitcoin now as main currency.

Why we must wait goverment to collapse then use bitcoin as main currency? If the price of bitcoin is stable enough to replace fiat I guess government can't deny it again so soon or later they will change it but for now I dont think it is time for that
legendary
Activity: 1204
July 02, 2015, 05:48:23 AM
For me bitcoin is a currency, i dont see any investment Smiley. It can be investment if you see from another angel
legendary
Activity: 1106
July 02, 2015, 05:45:04 AM
I do use Bitcoin as a currency to purchase things some times. It can be a mix of both, a currency and an investment, i guess. I have invested Bitcoin, and I have also used Bitcoin to purchase things. If Bitcoin was accepted everywhere, then I would be more than happy to use Bitcoin as mainly a currency.

Actually bitcoin be the both, I personally use bitcoin as both.

I don't think if bitcoin be a main currency, except the gov/country is collapse like Greece, they use bitcoin now as main currency.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 30, 2015, 11:16:52 AM
I currently see it as a nice investment for future use as  a currency if you get what I mean.. Buy cheap now, spend while high later. Wink
I appreciate your brave thoughts about investment regards to the Bitcoin. However do you know any time limit set for the higher rate in years down the line, which you would expect it as a profitable in terms of currency denomination.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
June 30, 2015, 11:13:55 AM
I’m absolutely certain that in some parts of the world at the moment you could gain investment with the following business plan:
3) Profit!

So I’m not sure that I see anything to stop a near endless invention of new digital currencies. And given that I don’t I can’t see what value most to all of them are going to end up having.

Link to complete article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/12/12/why-invest-in-bitcoin-when-you-could-invest-in-another-currency/

That is a nice article, thank you for posting. I feel the same a out how all these other crypto currencies just start their own currency, give out 10% to owners,etc and after proper moves, start gaining profit. Bitcoin is obviously strong and better, but such currencies kill the respect quotient.

Yes, but even if bitcoin might be the first crypto currency in the world, it doesn't mean that it will be the last. The only thing which keeps bitcoin ahead of others is more thorough adaptation of this currency compared to others.
Creating new altcoins is total waste of potential. Only delusional fools possessed by greed are going that way. I was fooled before by promises of new altcoins and I won't be fooled again.
All we truly need is put all resources into bitcoin and improve it - it will the best course of action. Stop Wasting time on the pump and dump trash coin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
June 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM
Activity: 994
June 30, 2015, 07:24:55 AM
3) Profit!

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
June 30, 2015, 06:43:01 AM
3) Profit!

Activity: 826
June 29, 2015, 08:46:03 PM
Well actually bitcion means to be money and is the meida of exchanging goods or services. Because bitcoin has much potential so ppl may hoard it for the future. But most of the coins shouldn't be hoarded there. There is no or little transaction fees collected by the miners. Miners might not be satisfied with that situation, specially after the mining reward halving, and leave the mining industry,  which is hurting the bitcoin's network. The price cannot be increasing infinitely. Hopefully the bitcoin's price will be stable and the ecosystem has some balance, as the adoption rate increases and the halving aproaches as well as...   

I`m actually opposite of what youre writing about here.

You mention lots of people are hoarding it, I`m more of selling it at a certain price point, once it gets to $300 minimum solid then buy back in when it falls.

I only see bitcoin as a blackmarket at this present time and money laundering.. I can be wrong but whatevers.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
June 29, 2015, 08:36:20 PM
I see it more of it as a money transmitter similar to western union.

Rather then being a currency focus, I just see it as more of a utility usage.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 29, 2015, 10:33:31 AM
it's the opposite, otherwise people would have been used it more, and less market manipulation will occur, also the price should rise, in the evnt that they will really consider it as a currency

Exactly. And IMO, Bitcoin is more and more being used as an investment asset nowadays. A few days ago, I was watching an interview with the Bitpay CEO. According to him, the number people who are willing to make payments in Bitcoins have fallen steeply in the last 6-7 months, as most of the users are now stashing their coins instead of spending them.
Pages:
Jump to: