Pages:
Author

Topic: A currency or investment? - page 5. (Read 3432 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
June 23, 2015, 02:32:50 AM
Why can't it be both? Gold is both. Silver is both. Cash is both, to an extent.

I vote for both, I think it needs to be.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
June 23, 2015, 02:28:37 AM
Well to me it's more of an investment project, but that wouldn't be possible if bitcoin wasn't a currency, since then it wouldn't have any reason to have value.
I see it as a store of value in near future, used by many opportunity seekers and speculators, aswell as true believers in decentralization and banking rivals.
Is there a specific reason you're asking this or?

its a pointless question, its both.

The question was; if you can only choose between currency and investment. We know it's both.

for me bitcoin is more of an investment since its value increases and decreased dramatically

And currencies don't oscillate in value ? Right ..

cheers
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP
June 23, 2015, 02:12:30 AM
for me bitcoin is more of an investment since its value increases and decreased dramatically
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
June 23, 2015, 02:02:03 AM
I currently see it as a nice investment for future use as  a currency if you get what I mean.. Buy cheap now, spend while high later. Wink
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 23, 2015, 01:59:11 AM
Right now there are no many places or services accept bitcoin payment. I'll choose bitcoin as investment because right now bitcoin investment is very promising and profitable
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
That Darn Cat
June 23, 2015, 01:55:17 AM
I would imagine most users here use it for both.  I was first attraction to bitcoin as a form of currency I could "legally" gamble with.   Then, slowly, I learned more about it and decided to invest in it.  The rest is history.  Smiley  I hope more for ways in the future to spend my coin. 
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
June 23, 2015, 01:51:52 AM
I got into Bitcoin because it was a better payment method for online shopping than creditcards or wire transfers. I also do not trust PayPal. {So it started out as a currency}

The more I learned about the "store of value" potential, I started to hoard a bigger percentage of the coins I bought.

I can now say, the biggest percentage of my coins is in cold storage and I use very little for online payments and daily cofee and lunch.  Grin

It's great to have both options... You just choose, what percentage you want to use as a currency and how much you want to invest for later.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
June 23, 2015, 01:41:51 AM
Alright. I have seen so many threads asking people to vote what they take Bitcoin as. These include currency, investment, payment and tipping etc. Now, if you can only choose between currency and investment.. What do you take Bitcoin as?

I take Bitcoin as a form of currency and investment. However, currency come first. I have never invested my money into Bitcoin. I only invested my time into Bitcoin.

I went to exchange and try to sell them at high price. Upon receiving the money from selling, I try to buy them again at lower price. This way, I can 1.2x or 1.4x my Bitcoin. And I will spend them online. I will never exchange them into USD or whatsoever currency and than withdraw them - unless I'm forced to.

What about you? Currency or investment?

its a pointless question, its both.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
June 23, 2015, 01:39:14 AM
I mostly take bitcoin as investment, and am strong bitcoin believer! coz there is no many places accepting bitcoin payment!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
June 23, 2015, 12:59:17 AM
Alright. I have seen so many threads asking people to vote what they take Bitcoin as. These include currency, investment, payment and tipping etc. Now, if you can only choose between currency and investment.. What do you take Bitcoin as?

I take Bitcoin as a form of currency and investment. However, currency come first. I have never invested my money into Bitcoin. I only invested my time into Bitcoin.

I went to exchange and try to sell them at high price. Upon receiving the money from selling, I try to buy them again at lower price. This way, I can 1.2x or 1.4x my Bitcoin. And I will spend them online. I will never exchange them into USD or whatsoever currency and than withdraw them - unless I'm forced to.

What about you? Currency or investment?
Pages:
Jump to: