Pages:
Author

Topic: A currency or investment? - page 3. (Read 3432 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 29, 2015, 09:50:34 AM
More like currency, as investment not yet  Cheesy

it's the opposite, otherwise people would have been used it more, and less market manipulation will occur, also the price should rise, in the event that they will really consider it as a currency

it is also true that bitcoin need investments in it for succeed at least for the time being, investments could be considered the launch pad for the currency aspect of bitcoin
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
June 29, 2015, 09:22:06 AM
More like currency, as investment not yet  Cheesy
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
June 29, 2015, 05:34:02 AM
I think bitcoin is a poor currency right now. It is treated more as an investment at the moment. It will gain strong strength when it stabilizes, that's when bitcoin will be taken seriously, that's when people can use it as an amount of exchange and used as currency because it will have a definite value all the time and won't be changing all the time.

It will take time, but eventually it will get there. Right now, people who buy bitcoins think of it as an investment which has the possibility to yield huge returns.
Bitcoin is digital currency,but as of now there is no such places accepting bitcoin as payment!
It required time to stabilized in future to use it as currency.
For now bitcoin is working with investment and that too in short term investment.
Investment may in fund,individual companies .etc Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 29, 2015, 01:42:07 AM
I’m absolutely certain that in some parts of the world at the moment you could gain investment with the following business plan:
1) Create new digital currency.
2) Allocate 10% of new coins to investors.
3) Profit!

So I’m not sure that I see anything to stop a near endless invention of new digital currencies. And given that I don’t I can’t see what value most to all of them are going to end up having.

Link to complete article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/12/12/why-invest-in-bitcoin-when-you-could-invest-in-another-currency/
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 28, 2015, 04:40:57 PM
Like others said bitcoin right now is both a currency and a kind of investment. Prices of bitcoins aren't stable yet. It's volatile right now.

So this fluctuation sometimes helps people make profit. So some people consider this as an investment. Is also considered this as currency(more like an unconventional currency)  because people can buy stuffs with it.

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
June 28, 2015, 03:59:07 PM
Although the prices of bitcoin had a few fluctuations and I strongly think that it can help the bitcoin becomes more stabilized in near future.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
June 28, 2015, 11:49:39 AM
I think bitcoin is a poor currency right now. It is treated more as an investment at the moment. It will gain strong strength when it stabilizes, that's when bitcoin will be taken seriously, that's when people can use it as an amount of exchange and used as currency because it will have a definite value all the time and won't be changing all the time.

It will take time, but eventually it will get there. Right now, people who buy bitcoins think of it as an investment which has the possibility to yield huge returns.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
June 27, 2015, 01:37:52 PM

I think bitcoin can be perceived as more than just a currency, I think it can even be assumed as more than just an investment. Rather than just limiting its future to a function of exchange, or a source to invest and gain money, it can be much more than that. Low inflation risk, low collapse risk,safe and simple. Its the easiest to carry and... untraceable.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
June 27, 2015, 01:08:21 PM

All currencies are like that at the begining. Merchants are limited and those that use it are niche consumers. The volatility is also high as hell. Eventually things smooth out. With Bitcoin will be like nothing ever seen before.
Activity: 182
June 27, 2015, 11:35:34 AM
Activity: 378
June 27, 2015, 10:58:32 AM
No question bitcoin is more of a currency than investment. But we have to think upon ourselves when was the last time we bought something with btc, for me it was long ago. And when was the last time we used btc just like we would use USD. I think for most us on this forum, btc have become more of an investment method instead of regular concept of money. That's just my opinion, because I invest way more than I use it to purchase goods/services.  Smiley
Activity: 308
I'm nothing without GOD
June 23, 2015, 12:54:25 PM
Defiantly a investment.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
June 23, 2015, 12:47:23 PM
Alright. I have seen so many threads asking people to vote what they take Bitcoin as. These include currency, investment, payment and tipping etc. Now, if you can only choose between currency and investment.. What do you take Bitcoin as?

I take Bitcoin as a form of currency and investment. However, currency come first. I have never invested my money into Bitcoin. I only invested my time into Bitcoin.

I went to exchange and try to sell them at high price. Upon receiving the money from selling, I try to buy them again at lower price. This way, I can 1.2x or 1.4x my Bitcoin. And I will spend them online. I will never exchange them into USD or whatsoever currency and than withdraw them - unless I'm forced to.

What about you? Currency or investment?

its a pointless question, its both.

its a ledger  Tongue
Activity: 378
be your self
June 23, 2015, 12:45:15 PM
Alright. I have seen so many threads asking people to vote what they take Bitcoin as. These include currency, investment, payment and tipping etc. Now, if you can only choose between currency and investment.. What do you take Bitcoin as?

I take Bitcoin as a form of currency and investment. However, currency come first. I have never invested my money into Bitcoin. I only invested my time into Bitcoin.

I went to exchange and try to sell them at high price. Upon receiving the money from selling, I try to buy them again at lower price. This way, I can 1.2x or 1.4x my Bitcoin. And I will spend them online. I will never exchange them into USD or whatsoever currency and than withdraw them - unless I'm forced to.

Currency for me too. I have also used bitcoins for currency-exchange purpose. Sell at higher price and buy at lower price. Only difference, I buy only whatever amount I sell. That way I earn fiat and btcs both.
Activity: 364
June 23, 2015, 12:33:22 PM
For me BTC is investment.
I joined several signature campaigns until now in order to collect some BTC.
Now, I keeping this BTC in my wallet with hope that value of BTC will raise again, so that I can sell it for the good profit.
Some of this funds I cash out through exchangers and invested in other internet businesses.
I don't have interest to buy something with BTC right now.

Agree. As there are no many services accept bitcoin, i'm saving bitcoin in my wallet too until right now. I collect BTC from signature campaign and faucet until now. I will collect BTC until it's price raise up.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
June 23, 2015, 09:50:01 AM
For me BTC is investment.
I joined several signature campaigns until now in order to collect some BTC.
Now, I keeping this BTC in my wallet with hope that value of BTC will raise again, so that I can sell it for the good profit.
Some of this funds I cash out through exchangers and invested in other internet businesses.
I don't have interest to buy something with BTC right now.

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
June 23, 2015, 09:13:38 AM

I take it as an investement for the simple reason that I'am buying it to make profit , I buy it , I hold it , I wait till the price rise as hell then I simply sell it . and If I see it dropping instead of rising Iwill just sell it too so there is less damage i guess
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
June 23, 2015, 09:08:47 AM
Investment is needed to grow money so investment is needed!!!
Activity: 392
June 23, 2015, 08:44:29 AM
Bitcoin is designed to be used as a Currency, but it is being used as an investment. Unless more and more people start using it, it will remain as an investment.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
June 23, 2015, 08:38:40 AM
It plays on both side, many of of are hoping being part of this bitcoin culture with having a little to a lot would change the life we currently have based on a redistribution of wealth, mean while we offer our services to earn bitcoin and buy what is need it with it.
Pages:
Jump to: