Pages:
Author

Topic: A digital item was sold for $55,000! (CS:GO Skin) - page 4. (Read 6007 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
55k Omg...I want to know the actual reason why it was bought for 55k...Surely a better quality dragon lore deserves more than this which I thought should only got for a few thousands at the minimum?

The pattern is very unique. 1 in the world. I can't understand the price as well. A souvenir Dlore Factory new is only $20k... but there a about 4 of those. Only 1 of these.
it is available for $400 isn't it?

i have seen high price items especially those that are rare or have some special thing on them like a signature but never this much

The thing is - the rare blue pattern on the playside makes this knife EXTREMELY rare. 1 in the world. 100% blue Playside and on the ring.
$55k was the transaction XD
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
$55k for a CS go skin. This is madness i think. Rich and mad man =)
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
Well there are people with a lot of money to spend on things they deem to be precious so I wouldn't condemn anyone for this I guess  Grin By the way where was the exchange conducted? Was it on the Steam market or off Steam and how did the buyer pay for that skin? For that much money $55k I would think he had used a bank transfer or something. Now if he had paid for that with Bitcoin it would have been bloody impressive right?  Shocked
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Why? Just why would these Rich Russians buy a CS go skin for $55k it's not like the skin is very exceptional but even of it is 55k is simply outrageous.
Activity: 209
I have no idea why people want buy stuff like this, I better buy bitcoin for this $55k  Grin
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
55k Omg...I want to know the actual reason why it was bought for 55k...Surely a better quality dragon lore deserves more than this which I thought should only got for a few thousands at the minimum?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
There are morons all over the world who can spend money in the most foolish ways.  Tongue

I wish I was the seller of this foolish item. 55k USD is big and it is 3.6 million in my local currency. I could have bought a superbike of my choice.

They're not morons, this item can be sold to another person for profits. The item market on Steam fluctuates like the btc market does, and it can double the price at any time.

I myself buy a few items and sell it for real money, not Steam money, since you can't cash out on Steam. There's a huge market for this.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Yeah, CSGO skins are extremely collectible and it's no big surprise that people are willing to pay that much money for it. I think they view it as a race, competition between the elite collectors.

They should really be focusing more on bitcoin though, as gaming just wastes money and time.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
it is available for $400 isn't it?

i have seen high price items especially those that are rare or have some special thing on them like a signature but never this much
Activity: 182
Qtum • Value Transfer Protocol DAPP Platform
what does the user do with a steam account with 55k usd in it. unless the sale was made privately. one thing is for sure, that guy will never have to pay for a steam game ever again.
Activity: 574
I find it difficult to understand why somebody would do that. Buy stuff from a game that can be replicated by the owner at any given time. It's just pixels on the screen, and it's not like bitcoin, which is decentralized.

Anyhow, congratulations to the buyer. I know that these items are difficult to acquire and go for a big price. Hopefully he can get rid of it when it comes to the time.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
There are morons all over the world who can spend money in the most foolish ways.  Tongue

I wish I was the seller of this foolish item. 55k USD is big and it is 3.6 million in my local currency. I could have bought a superbike of my choice.
The item that was sold was a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive skin.
Sold for $55,000 by a collector and purchased by: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DeeNice23/inventory/

This is the skin:
Pages:
Jump to: