Pages:
Author

Topic: A good way to avoid scam ICO projects - page 4. (Read 1326 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 103
December 29, 2018, 01:32:00 PM
I usually look at:

1) The idea of the project. It should be worthy and smart enough. This is one of the key features of every ICO.

2) The team. Who are these guys? What background do they have? What portfolio?

3) The website. Userfriendly and modern design. Is it good looking at least?

4) The whitepaper. It should be detailed enough and look seriously)

5) The news and results of past rounds/private sales. Are the devs doing anything now? How much have they already collected?
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
December 29, 2018, 12:50:20 PM
The ICO project is currently far more than income for a moment. Try to make the most profit possible, until the ICO deadline is over, and then make a big sale. ICO projects are indeed potentially high enough to be used for fraud, fraud which is detrimental to investors.
Especially if previously the ICO project did not require any legality.
Before investing in an ICO project must pay attention to several factors:

1. Must know detail Concept of the ICO project
A good ICO project must have a good concept.

2. See market segmentation
How much market potential is related to project segmentation and of course must have new innovations

3. Long-term orientation
One thing that can make it easier for you to judge, is to look at the real objects offered from the project

4. Team
Who are the people who work behind the project

Is there another way to avoid scam ICO projects, your input is highly expected

Thank You

Honestly, it is difficult to avoid scam projects. Most ptojects aim to gain profit, that is why some details in their whitepaper is sugar coated. I think you must look at the progress of the project, and look how the team delivers their development in their project. This attracts potential investors as the project progresses.
Merit: 10
BITWIN
December 29, 2018, 12:47:02 PM
I wouldn't say that ICO is the biggest profit at the moment.
I think that ICOs are not profitable that much.
That's why I think that you are wrong.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
December 29, 2018, 12:44:20 PM
For bounty hunter in this forum, there are also some that must be known, namely knowing the manager who manages the bounty whether it can be trusted or not. it can be seen from the many positive comments from the participants here.
I do not think it guarantees that we will not be fooled by fake ICO because a manager also does not know the certainty of ICO and there are even managers who work with fake ICO to deceive us.
Activity: 532
December 29, 2018, 12:34:14 PM
the best way to avoid ICO fraud is not to invest in ico. that's the only way you can do it. choosing ico isn't as easy as you imagine, even projects that reach hardcap can't be expected.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
December 29, 2018, 12:25:24 PM
In this field of activity you must check everything before investing, because there are a lot of scam projects. As for me, I look through WP, check the activity of the GIT and for sure  look at the previous achievements of the dev team. If they have experience and know how to create really awesome project, I can invest in such ICO, but always use Risk management.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
MINTER
December 29, 2018, 11:45:39 AM
For bounty hunter in this forum, there are also some that must be known, namely knowing the manager who manages the bounty whether it can be trusted or not. it can be seen from the many positive comments from the participants here.
Activity: 645
December 29, 2018, 11:45:19 AM
Unfortunately, all this does not give a guarantee. I just met projects with smart documents. Good idea. With real potontsialom. But they were a fraud. Scammers also able to invent projects luring us into their networks.
December 29, 2018, 11:42:03 AM
The only way to avoid the ICO Project Scam is to do analysis. We can do analysis by searching for information on various websites and forums. Besides that, following various developments in information in a community can help us monitor what points will help the project develop.

When there is something suspicious then we should avoid the ICO project, keep the assets we have and it will help us to get closer to success.
Analysis for each project is a good idea at this time because any project will be very risky and can cause you to lose a lot of assets in a short time. I personally believe that investing in ICO projects is not the best time choice and you should go back in 2019 because the opportunity to make a profit is higher.

I think I will take part in ICO if it is permitted by government agencies such as SEC.
It is difficult to be accepted by the SEC because the market still has no confidence of the SEC, making investors feel more concerned. I am waiting for the SEC to recognize this market because it only needs 1 good news, the price of Bitcoin will rise very fast and may soon return to the price of $ 20,000.
Better to participate in ICO projects with the parent company behind. And many financial institutions have poured capital to invest in that project. There are many investments from organizations that will be a financial advantage to help maintain the project longer and a parent company behind the project will be much more powerful than a lonely startup project.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
December 27, 2018, 03:38:47 PM
The only way to avoid the ICO Project Scam is to do analysis. We can do analysis by searching for information on various websites and forums. Besides that, following various developments in information in a community can help us monitor what points will help the project develop.

When there is something suspicious then we should avoid the ICO project, keep the assets we have and it will help us to get closer to success.
Analysis for each project is a good idea at this time because any project will be very risky and can cause you to lose a lot of assets in a short time. I personally believe that investing in ICO projects is not the best time choice and you should go back in 2019 because the opportunity to make a profit is higher.

I think I will take part in ICO if it is permitted by government agencies such as SEC.
This is good way to avoid scamming that make research about them and get good information. Trusting blindly on any ICO project is an act of foolish. Try to find out who is the owner and who has started this project, how long it has been there in market after all this ask for their registrations. Be very careful mate there are allot of clever scammers.
Activity: 616
December 27, 2018, 11:17:41 AM
the best way to fight the ico scam project is to report them and give a very heavy sentence to the perpetrators of the crime, make them viral because of their crime
Activity: 476
December 27, 2018, 10:48:34 AM
the simplest way of anticipation is to learn every detail of the information provided by the project, identify more closely the project team and developer, and join the community
Activity: 28
December 27, 2018, 10:47:28 AM
to fight the ico scam, we must suppress very clear regulations and very heavy penalties for criminals who use ico as a means of mass fraud

Yes, regulation is necessary. Now ICO projects have been reduced a lot. The future regulation must be strict, but we must also give more opportunities to new projects. If ICO is directly banned, some good projects maybe also very hard or need a long time to come out even this project is really very good, like bitcoin. Even bitcoin ICO is also looks like scam in the early days. Grin
Activity: 490
December 27, 2018, 10:46:33 AM
I don't know, I don't know how to distinguish ico from scam and I don't follow many campaigns and see them all the same and very convincing, it's very difficult to distinguish even scams that look very original but from several campaigns I follow those who use the web and on the left there are signs! maybe it can be categorized as a different scam with a web that has a key or lock symbol but it cannot be used as a benchmark nor is it very difficult to distinguish it
Activity: 376
December 27, 2018, 10:39:38 AM
I really agree with your opinion.
I think it is very difficult now to distinguish which ICO is good and which ICO is impersonating fraudsters.
to minimize this, we must often learn and understand the ICO.
so be careful now if you want to join the bounty program.
Activity: 726
December 27, 2018, 10:30:58 AM
to fight the ico scam, we must suppress very clear regulations and very heavy penalties for criminals who use ico as a means of mass fraud
Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
December 27, 2018, 10:03:09 AM
Reading whitepapers in detail is the most common thing to do to find out whether the project is scam or not, and of course finding out who the team is there, investigate the team on the internet and if in doubt we can ask in this forum, this is what I usually do to avoid
Activity: 1876
Merit: 259
December 27, 2018, 09:56:02 AM
The ICO project is currently far more than income for a moment. Try to make the most profit possible, until the ICO deadline is over, and then make a big sale. ICO projects are indeed potentially high enough to be used for fraud, fraud which is detrimental to investors.
Especially if previously the ICO project did not require any legality.
Before investing in an ICO project must pay attention to several factors:

1. Must know detail Concept of the ICO project
A good ICO project must have a good concept.

2. See market segmentation
How much market potential is related to project segmentation and of course must have new innovations

3. Long-term orientation
One thing that can make it easier for you to judge, is to look at the real objects offered from the project

4. Team
Who are the people who work behind the project

Is there another way to avoid scam ICO projects, your input is highly expected

Thank You

I agree with everything you write and I will add one more number of followers on their social media, it can be a reference for us to invest in it, the more followers, the more potential the project can run well.
Activity: 462
December 27, 2018, 09:53:58 AM
These are common ways to select ICO, so I guess there is nothing special. Just make sure that ICO is complient with all of these features and that's it!
Activity: 10
December 27, 2018, 09:48:35 AM
Since some ICO uses blockchain technology, it is worth studying the repository for storing the code of this project (GitHub or any other) to check their reliability. If the ICO claims to use open source code, then the repository check will immediately give the answer, whether it is or not, because the code updates should occur at least once every two weeks.
Pages:
Jump to: