Pages:
Author

Topic: A government can create a cryptocurrency ? - page 21. (Read 1891 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 10
This sounds strange at least, I would like to read whitepaper, examine a project, know a team, before investing in it Smiley govCoin
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Sane person wouldn't deny encryption currency brings many benefits, the government can't refuse it, because of electronic currency era has come, some countries are studying their digital encryption currency.
Activity: 84
yes it should be like the central bank has the right to issue new money including the digital currency in the background by the government. But in my opinion investment through government can not be profitable in large numbers because the government has restrictions and security for investors
Activity: 238
Greentoken-invest in ecology
What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?

This is possibl if the government will put fund into it and be able to develop thorugh their IT experts. It will be a good way to invest in it because you are sure of thT it has a value coin afterall.
Activity: 420
What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?

Think twice to invest I doubt it can only usable inside the countries territory , if ever they created their own coins, we can not use them internationally. Just not  like bitcoin that can be trusted due to massive users and investors globally. If a government  create their own coin , their a tendency  that flat currency will be vaniish and every  commodities will be getting expensive because of taxes and proceesing fees.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
it may be that if the government creates a crypto currency the exchange rate will be the same as the country's currency, it only aims to move from a conventional bank system to a blockhain system like other crypto currencies, this may aim to increase security and reduce the cost of conventional money production each year, so every citizen would have to follow that
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

Yes, government can create their own cryptocurrency, i believe that if government cannot keep up the growth of bitcoins then in the future they might create their own altcoin to sell in the market and make profit as well.
Activity: 56

It is possible. The crypto currency is the future technology. So the government should create or accepts the crypto currency. No one can refuse the future technology. it will happen. lets see..
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
In my own personal opinion, the government could create their own cryptocurrency, but i am not sure if i will invest in their digital coin because i would to see first if it will be successful and it will a good project. I think if the government have created their own cryptocurrency other governments in other countries will also make their own cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Yes, Government can create cryptocurrencies and if that will happen then all of us will get benefit from it. Many people will become aware and will have a mind set to invest their money than to spend in unnecessary things. With that, the poverty rate will reduce and will help the society to grow faster.
Activity: 462
Merit: 306

Yes, they can do but content is important. We have to read their content and after we can make a decision.
Activity: 560
Merit: 121
Probobly. I will also invest. Because if it is produced by the government and used nationally, because it will not be decentralized for sure. If it is nationally patronized and backed by the government so it will be likened to your country’s physical currency and it can be successful and profitable too.
Activity: 364
We know Government bans the cryptocurrency that proved that government can create the cryptocurrency. If the government can regulate the cryptocurrency than it will be better for the user but it will not similar to a current cryptocurrency. The government must apply some rules to regulate easily. We know now cryptocurrency is not regulated by someone. Its now totally volatile and we can easily move, if someone regulate it will not possible to move easily. Besides the disadvantage, there have some advantage if the gov.t regulate hope volatile can possible to reduce. So according to my intend its possible to create cryptocurrency but impossible to regulate as same as the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
Everybody could create their own cryptocurrency, including governments. But a stable government would NOT create one definitely. At least not in the near future. Such things would be very controversial and destabilize the economy. So, if my government do make one, i definitely wouldnt invest in it as it would be a shitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
dApps Development Automation Platform

They are more capable of creating cryptocurrency. Specially today that online transactions are drastically increasing, government will be looking for a way to compete with other cryptocurrency. Although I do think that the anonymity of transactions will not be a feature of it because banks will be the body to monitor or regulate it.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
There is a possibility that governments would create their own cyrptocurrencies in the future because as the saying goes "if you can't beat them, join them" , governments would realize the need to cater to the demands of the people for upgraded technology in order to adopt to the continuous growing modern technology. If as of today governments are not considering to join the latest technology it would be to their disadvantage and great loss in the future.
A lot of governments are already looking at how the blockchain technology can be integrated and it is just a matter of time before we started seeing real life cases of this happening.

Apparently, they do not have a choice and from the look of things anyway, the governments all over the world never had any problem with blockchain technology as most of them accepted immediately it is the future, the only problem they ever had was the idea of decentralization. Having a centralized currency anyway will still end up being manipulated, so I do not see how it is ever going to be different from the normal fiat system.
Activity: 469
Merit: 250

I think  A government  can create a crypto currency is possible.because the bitcoin is the future currency, The goverment should accepts bitcoin or create the own crypto currency.
We are free to create products and services that compete against each other when it comes to mobile devices, computers, medicine, education, entertainment and so on. But when it comes to money itself we're not free to compete against the government.
Activity: 111

I think  A government  can create a crypto currency is possible.because the bitcoin is the future currency, The goverment should accepts bitcoin or create the own crypto currency.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
Of course, any govt can release an ICO,  with sufficient resources and funds, it is very easy, look at some company that has initially offering ICO,  govt funds is way larger than of the company, backed up or immuned to government laws, it is a piece of cake.

Would i invest in any government ico? Of course, since it was initiated legally by any govt, there is an assurance that it is not a scam and can easily be trusted in terms of legalities.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
There is no restriction on creating crypto currencies, anyone who has the capacity to make their own. The real question was, are they going to support it and make it available for people, and they should publish their roadmap and make it under the smart contract also.
Pages:
Jump to: