Pages:
Author

Topic: A government can create a cryptocurrency ? - page 25. (Read 1891 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Governments around the world work on creation of national cryptocurrencies,some have done it a few years ago-some do it now,and some are preparing to do that.This is nothing strange if we take into consideration that money is becoming more and more digital,and with time paper money and coins will become history.But all this crypto supported by the governments is nothing else then regular money in digital way,unlike BTC which is decentralized.

As I see it one day we may just convert our fiat currency to cryptocurrency,but the world is not ready for it yet-all this we see are just experiments.Some interesting cryptocurrencies which are allegedly associated with some countries are described in this article : Which Countries Run National Cryptocurrencies?
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
Of course can. And most likely taking into account development of cryptocurrencies it will surely occur. Progress doesn't stand still.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?
This is not a possibility, there are already some countries that have their own crypto. But as usual some countries refuse to enter crypto into their country. I am sure if crypto can be received in many countries, this will improve the economy of the country. However, the Bank of England believes that a crypto currency or virtual currency such as Bitcoin could pose a risk to financial stability in Britain if adopted on a wide scale. But the fact is that many banks in the country are doing research on blockchain technology.
Activity: 96
Merit: 0
A Government could create his own cryptocurrency, where the transparency is really high but the anonymity is really below. And could make a zentral cryptocurrency where everyone which wants an adress must give his ID card to become this. so at the end government would have insight in every adress, and would know everything about the person. That would be the best for every government. Money laundry could be prevented. And for sure tax investigation would be easier.
Activity: 136
Yes, they can, some of them have already created their cryptocurrencies, but, for example, Venezuela's El Petro doesn't inspire much trust, because the government is not trustworthy. So the success of such cryptocurrencies depends on the credibility of the state that has issued this particular currency.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?

No way, cryptocurrencies are very anarchistic in their nature, they are governed by code and consensus of users, instead of some central authority. There's no way a government would release something like that, they will either plant some backdoors or  will just have some centralization, like masternodes, permissioned mining, etc. And when you start removing decentralization from cryptocurrencies, they become just payment systems, and for now they are less efficient than traditional payment systems, so there's no point in investing in centralized coins.
Activity: 238
Merit: 57
I think the administration if make a cryptographic money then every one will result in these present circumstances side for venture and it will regular here like prize securities and it will end up being a lawful in the nation so we have no dread of losing cash and other speculation sum and for the time being the crypto is great however a few nations bane bitcoin because of which the hazard in bitcoin is high if government issues crypto then every one will content with alternative.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
It's easy to create own crypto, even a single person can create his own crypto, so yes the government can create it's own crypto, but not a lot of investors attracted to centralized crypto investment, and for sure I won't invest in crypto that created by government, I don't feel secure with the investment and I don't feel any freedom in my investment, it's like my investment keep being watched all the time
Activity: 462
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
Since crypto currencies are in the rise, many banks and evem countries are looking into joining in and taking a metaphoric piece of the pie. I'm sure if companies could make their own coin, super companies and well funded banks and even countries could do the same. If they habe the money, they could even control the value of thier coins just enough so it would gain momentum and just watch the profit rise from their vantage point. Some say, they dictate the prices of coins in the market today
Activity: 210
Ordinary people through the use of encryption monetary gain some similar "control", therefore with decentralized anonymous encryption currency is different, so the government can create control the encryption of money is the only choice to reverse the situation.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
Yes he did, they can make digital money but don't have a decentralized system but have a centralized system. With the current popularity of cryptocurrency will be a threat to some governments that prohibit the use of cryptocurrency in the country. As anticipation if the society want the payment system using digital currency then they will make national currency in the form of digital.

This is what will happen in my country, now the government forbids any form of cryptocurrency in circulation. And I don't think I would be interested in investing in digital currency made by the government. The currency will not be volatile like cryptocurrency, most likely it can only be used as a payment system only.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Yes already Venezuelan government has created petro currency and Indian government is ready to create its own digital currency Lakshmi.But such currencies may remain stable in price due to the government controls and also no body would be willing to come under government radar by investing in such currencies.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
Anyone can create crypto currencies if they want to,so the governments also can make it for their usage but there is no usage for creating such crypto currency it is same as like the fiat money so no people will get interested on those coins.If they create decentralized coin then it may act against them so governments will never do it even if they do people won't invest on it.
Activity: 364
I think the government if create a crypto currency then every one will come to this side for investment and it will common here like prize bonds and it will become a legal in the country so we have no fear of losing money and other investment amount and for now the crypto is good but some countries bane bitcoin due to which the risk in bitcoin is high if government issues crypto then every one will happy with option.
Activity: 175
Merit: 1

Yes, they can create cryptocurrency. I think that it will be a good project because I believe that there will be the very important reason why the government thinks that they need to create their own crypto. Maybe the reason of it is because they already know and realize that it will be very useful and helpful to their people. Cryptosystem can brings them a lot of benefits and opportunities to build and make their community a better life in the future and also it could help to them to have a economic stability. So I that it will happened soon and I won't hesitate to invest into it.
Activity: 910
Merit: 254
I read an article online where banks in India had showed interest to create a cryptocurrency.. The reason behind that was to eliminate the use of paper currency and encourage people to use digital means for doing their transaction. Here is the link to that article : https://cryptoslate.com/india-restricts-cryptocurrency/
The article states that government wants to ban bitcoin and other coins in favor of its own coin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 168
its a yes for me because goverments can create any types of cryptocurreny if they want because they have a good amount of money and they know how it will works and it will become huge by investors that they know and they can control it like controling of goverments in all moves of people .
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

Yes, a government indeed could create an altcoin if they wanted to. I don't see why exactly they would want to, however, because they already generally have the banks on their side. They regulate their own country's currency and through taxes they probably get more money than they could if they were to regulate their own altcoin. I guess one reason to make a new coin for a government would be to have easier regulation (through technology), but that defeats the purpose of the coin because there would be practically no support for it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
creating currencies by their own government is like ICO, they need it to be listed in exchanges, so it is possible to do, especially if that country has more funds and assets to sustain the market demand domestically or even internationally, it must be well- funded and should penetrate the market cap.
Activity: 994
Merit: 138
the currency of my country the price is very low when viewed through the exchange. but in my country, very many people are investing in crypto and bitcoin. so if my country government makes its own crypto maybe I will invest in it. because the crypto boom in the community is already high, although the crypto regulation in my country is not legitimate.
Pages:
Jump to: