Pages:
Author

Topic: A government can create a cryptocurrency ? - page 18. (Read 1891 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 255
The Governments have started to explore the bitcoin and block chain technology which means that there are possibilities for the Government to set up their own crypto currency with the help of programmers can create a  centralized crypto currency due to high demand for crypto currency and crypto graphy network. Ecuadorian Government have their own crypto currency the Government then stops the use of main crypto currency inorder for the price of the Governments crypto currency to have more demand in the country.
What governments do not understand is that we do not use cryptocurrencies just so a government can create their own one and then try to force us to use it, one of the most important points of cryptocurrencies is to be a decentralized currency, a currency that is not controlled by anyone directly, so even if the government in my country created some cryptocurrency I will never use it, there is no point, they will just keep printing as much cryptocurrency as they want without a limit and even if they established a limit there is no guarantee that they're not going to change it in the future.
Activity: 312
Merit: 11
Now I don't find any possibility that government will create cryptocurrency. But in future it can be possible that government will create their own cryptocurrency. Let's see.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?
I think the government could create their own cryptocurrency because everybody has a freedom to create their own digital coin. Before i will invest on their coin, i would like to see first if it will be successful and will have a good value to make sure that i will not get scam.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
Creating a currency from govt. is not difficult task but difficulty is that how they will manage cryptocurrency because it is fully decentralized P2P network,
they can't have fully control over it.
So for creating an own crypto govt. need to regulate or improvement under blockchain technology so they can make centralized way inbetween decentralized currency.
Activity: 114
Merit: 2
everybody can create a crypto, that's the beauty of it, permission less networks...
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
I dont trust my government... But if its a government of countries like US, UK, Russia, China, I will invest my whole life savings.. LOL
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
MMOCoin-For-Gamers-&-Traders
Yes, I will invest, and I think that this is the right decision, the government will become the guarantor of this cryptocurrency.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
there is such a possibility. but I am investing in such a currency. because now I use bitcoin and other altcoins to trade soon. if the government controls the risk is reduced. so the profit is reduced. tax can take.
Activity: 364
Merit: 256
What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?
It is true that the government has a great opportunity to develop large projects by creating its own cryptocurrency, but there are many opportunities between success and non-success projects where there are many better reputable coins especially for Bitcoin and I'm sure most people prefer bitcoin because of their investment more real and no one can manage Bitcoin, I am somewhat surprised there are many people who do not want to be regulated? will the government be more stressed in terms of taxation that might incriminate people? I think there will be a rather disturbing rule outside of coin ownership, of course it would happen if the government created its own crypto and set it thoroughly..
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Afaik in Japan, they made their own cryptocurrency (I don't know they are still developing this currency or not since it was 1 and a half year ago), government absolutely can make their own cryptocurrency but it could be ruined their economy and inflation might happen.
Activity: 291
Merit: 10
Heh, funny idea, I would invest or would not, it depends on which country governement would create one... mine country I would doubt
Activity: 161
If our government will create a crypto currency and I have given a chance to put some of my money to invest to that project, yes, I will not hesitate. If the government will impose a tax from this that's ok for me, what is important is I have a chance to earn and at the same time I have also a chance to help my own country when it comes for the growth of economy. Having such experience is considered a success for me.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
Well for me I don't trust governments. They're all politicians and politicians are manipulative. They easily deceive so I'd be very skeptical about investing in a coin created by my government or any form of government
Activity: 308
There are too many new Altcoins per day, and when governments decide to create their own electronic money, there will be more new currencies on the exchanges. This will make investors think and choose. I think all governments should use Bitcoin as the only electronic money on the internet
Activity: 333
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
If the government creates its own electronic money, everyone in that country will certainly invest in that country's electronic money. But it is possible that this kind of electronic money will be managed by the government and it will not grow fast

I agree with you that it is government-managed and can not grow as fast as Bitcoin and Altcoin. This is because the volume of transactions is very limited because only the people in that country invest and do not have any outside investors.
Activity: 266
Merit: 15
If the government creates its own electronic money, everyone in that country will certainly invest in that country's electronic money. But it is possible that this kind of electronic money will be managed by the government and it will not grow fast
Activity: 280
If my government makes electronic money, I will use my entire property to buy all the coins. I would definitely only favor coins in my country
Activity: 176
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
I heard recently that the IRAQ government is creating an electronic currency. Its name may be IQD. I think this is a good thing and it will probably affect neighboring countries. Countries will create their own electronic money
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
Government's cryptocurrency is likely to be backed by some state owned asset if it ever comes in existence. Government owned cryptocurrency is likely to be controlled by the government thus killing the ultimate feature of decentralization. Investing in a controlled cryptocurrency would be a stupid mistake. We mainly invest in cryptos to gain decent ROI. But if the price is going to be controlled by someone, then what is the fun of investing. Government backed cryptocurrencies will be more like online fiat currency not like Bitcoin or altcoins.
Activity: 126
just like the cash of the nations. just like the euro and RUB. So each country has to create its own electronic currency. I see this is a very normal thing, so Bitcoin will be able to gradually more countries accept
Pages:
Jump to: