Pages:
Author

Topic: A public plea for help regarding Bitcoinica and my 24,841 BTC - page 3. (Read 8970 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Apparently Mt.Gox knows who withdrew the 40k+40k, but they choose to protect the hacker.

Now that's just asinine, if true.

Why fight Gox on this...If the BTC/$ was withdrawn from Bitcoinica's Mt.Gox account, Bitcoinica has the information.  They can login and do whatever they want with it, post it publicly even.  Or do they no longer have access to their own account? I can't keep up.  But it's sad to see Memory Dealers lose so much when they have done so much for Bitcoin.  I hope you can recover something.

if it was a MtGox code, then only MtGox would know where it was redeemed at.  But yea, it is certainly true that Bitcoinica can see what IP initiated the transfers.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
* kiba faceplams

MemoryDealers: You should have known better than to risk such a large sum of money at a 3rd party site.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
I was attracted by the high interest rates and the money I thought I could earn by depositing bitcoins with them.
I never made a single trade on Bitcoinica.
I simply held a balance and collected interest.
So you were gambling.

Is there no one left in the world that understands economics and compound interest any more? Getting paid high interest rates on investments indicates high risk, including the risk that the entire scheme is a fraud

Betting on mathematically-impossible returns on financial instruments will always end in tears.
donator
Activity: 798
Apparently Mt.Gox knows who withdrew the 40k+40k, but they choose to protect the hacker.

Why fight Gox on this...If the BTC/$ was withdrawn from Bitcoinica's Mt.Gox account, Bitcoinica has the information.  They can login and do whatever they want with it, post it publicly even.  Or do they no longer have access to their own account? I can't keep up.  But it's sad to see Memory Dealers lose so much when they have done so much for Bitcoin.  I hope you can recover something.
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks

Evil Bit Burglar: "Mt Gox, plz send me, the Bitcoinica thief, lots and lots of stolen monies.  About 80k should do for now."
MtGox "Sure BitBurglar, no problem.  Here they are, you have fun retiring in St Tropez."

iCEBREAKER: "I've been using MtGox for a year with no problems, can I have $100 send to my Dwolla?"
MtGox "ZOMG Y U try to launder money?  We insist U give us copies of your GOVT DOX so U identity can be stolen EZ next time we get our shit haxord!"

Haha, now to spread FUD (because that is what the forums are for now right?) MtGox is bitconica hacker
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Evil Bit Burglar: "Mt Gox, plz send me, the Bitcoinica thief, lots and lots of stolen monies.  About 80k should do for now."
MtGox "Sure BitBurglar, no problem.  Here they are, you have fun retiring in St Tropez."

iCEBREAKER: "I've been using MtGox for a year with no problems, can I have $100 send to my Dwolla?"
MtGox "ZOMG Y U try to launder money?  We insist U give us copies of your GOVT DOX so U identity can be stolen EZ next time we get our shit haxord!"
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105
Can I ask you why you have such large amount of money in a third party site?

I was attracted by the high interest rates and the money I thought I could earn by depositing bitcoins with them.
I never made a single trade on Bitcoinica.
I simply held a balance and collected interest.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105
what's going on behind the scenes Tihan,  Zhou,  Patrick, Donald, Amir, or anyone else with access to Bitcoinica money HuhHuh??

Tihan and Zhou specifically told Patrick, Donald, and Amir to refund my money,  but they steadfastly refused to send me even 1 bitcoin of it.
They claimed that they needed to wait until the claim process was complete, but refused to set any kind of date.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Can I ask you why you have such large amount of money in a third party site?
Activity: 743
I'm truly sorry for Roger
bitcoiners and accounts like these should priority one.

what's going on behind the scenes Tihan,  Zhou,  Patrick, Donald, Amir, or anyone else with access to Bitcoinica money HuhHuh??
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
This is just a hunch but maybe try posting this plea in he Russian forums.

LOL, that's funny because it's true.

But I suspect memdealer would have better luck with less Cyrillic and more Mandarin...
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
Firstbits: 1waspoza
Im really sorry for you, and i hope you will get your coins back.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
So with BTC there is no insurance or anything like that with your money? Basically anyone that has the knowledge to hack their way into your wallet/account and take your BTC they end up with it?

Correct. It's just like dollars or valuable jewelry in your house. If someone can hack their way into it they end up with it.

But as dollars or jewelry, you can, theoretically, insure them. It just happens that bitcoin is so new and unknown that I don't think there's any insurance available yet.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Correct. It's just like dollars or valuable jewelry in your house. If someone can hack their way into it they end up with it.

Though in this case it's hardly 'hacking' - the information needed to gain access to the account was publicly available Sad.

I'm truly sorry for Roger - he's one of the good guys in this community. Let's hope that the remaining Bitcoinica funds don't slip through their fingers before they can at least partially compensate him.
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Please help me.
Apparently Mt.Gox knows who withdrew the 40k+40k, but they choose to protect the hacker. Roger, you know Mark personally, so call and ask him to whom he did send those funds. I am sure this will shed some light to the whole affair.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002
So with BTC there is no insurance or anything like that with your money? Basically anyone that has the knowledge to hack their way into your wallet/account and take your BTC they end up with it?

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....

Activity: 770
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
Personally, it might not be fair to others that could potentially be ahead of Mem Dealers in line..

But, for the good of the community, and for outstanding characters like this, that have full documentation on funds in bitcoinica,

accounts like these should priority one.

Why should multiple bitcoin based business's suffer and potentially drown under the stupidity of Bitcoinica?

Also, I agree with Proudhon, this is looking more and more like a long con..

Coincidence..   I think not.. 

legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

There's not much I can do to help but I will send one of mine to: 16HMoS4TryH7wWsAv2PtvxiHX8QGXMGczi

I encourage whomever is reading this to consider doing the same. Sucks to see bad things happen to good people.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
good luck mate, I hope you get at least some of those btc back
Pages:
Jump to: