Pages:
Author

Topic: A public plea for help regarding Bitcoinica and my 24,841 BTC - page 4. (Read 8976 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
That sucks, I hope you get your money back.
Activity: 628
Merit: 500
I'm feel very bad when I hear stories like this, I can't believe that somebody can destroy someone's life and sleep well at night. I really hope that you will get your money back and that one who stole them will face the consequences.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
 Sad

People have no clue what a bigger effect this has on bitcoin when you effect users who are passionate about it. The "stolen btc" has just a small effect compared to the damage it does to bitcoin's image and the people who take time to help  promote it. If someone like Roger was to leave the community it has far-reaching effects.

If bitcoinica, Intersango want to truely show they have bitcoin as a whole in their interest they would send Roger bitcoins to him asap.

Just really,really bad to do this. Nobody, should be pleaing on a public forum for their money back wtf  Huh

edit: I mean really think about it. Roger does an interview and the interviewer asks what does he think about all the bitcoin related hacks and problems so far how is he going to be able to keep a straight-face and say things are getting better? just so frustrating.
legendary
Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014
This is just a hunch but maybe try posting this plea in he Russian forums.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Very sorry, Roger.  I don't know what your options are at this point.  It's looking more and more like this is going to be the way to go, but I doubt that'll end up being very satisfying in the end.  This is a real mess.

I don't know if it is coincidence,  but Bitcoinica announced the latest hacking one day after myself and three other major creditors threatened to take legal action.  The timing seems too convenient for them.

Roger, I've been trying to hold my tongue on any conspiracy theories and such, but this whole thing keeps looking more and more suspicious.  Obviously, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but this whole thing was strange enough a few months ago that it prompted me to take my personal bitcoin security very seriously (offline wallets, multi-factor auth, fireproof safes, etc.).

I really wish there were some way to help you, because you've done a tremendous amount work for the project in lots of different ways.  Again, so sorry for this.  As I've said before, I hope that everyone is learning the value of bitcoin as a way to secure your own wealth.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
Very sorry, Roger.  I don't know what your options are at this point.  It's looking more and more like this is going to be the way to go, but I doubt that'll end up being very satisfying in the end.  This is a real mess.

I don't know if it is coincidence,  but Bitcoinica announced the latest hacking one day after myself and three other major creditors threatened to take legal action.  The timing seems too convenient for them.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
Please help me.
I have 24,841 bitcoins on deposit with Bitcoinica.
I have provided them with my full and complete account history including every transaction since day one.
There is no question as to exactly how much I am owed. (I'm happy to provide proof to other trusted entities)
I have patiently been asking for them for my money back for months, but they have refused to return even a single Bitcoin to me.

I'm a core Bitcoin proselytizer.
I'm responsible partly or in full for:

www.Bitinstant.com
www.coinlab.com
www.lovebitcoins.org
www.ogrr.com
www.bitcoinchipin.com
www.memorydealers.com
National Bitcoin radio adds @ $2,800 a month for over the last year.
The Bitcoin Bet.
Bitcoin Billboard
Numerous national radio interviews.
Several more projects that are in the works including a Bitcoin competitor to newegg.com.

For the last 1.5 years I have spent every waking moment promoting Bitcoin,  and my 24,841 Bitcoins were to be used exactly for that.

Hacker, Tihan,  Zhou,  Patrick, Donald, Amir, or anyone else with access to my money,  please return it to
16HMoS4TryH7wWsAv2PtvxiHX8QGXMGczi

so that I can continue to effectively promote Bitcoin.
Returning my funds will likely make everyone's worth even more in the long run.
I promise I will continue using them to help advance Bitcoin.

Roger Ver
[email protected]
Cell +1-408-313-1853
Pages:
Jump to: