Pages:
Author

Topic: A Resource Based Economy - page 2. (Read 288301 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 05, 2017, 11:08:22 AM
Both models have problems. The current capitalist model is dead in the long run as automation deprecates more and more jobs. On the other hand, the RBU model is really naive in thinking people will be happy to not have an advantage over others (being in a privileged position if you have a lot of money, this would disappear in a RBU). We'll see how things develop, the future is extremely blurry.
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
December 02, 2017, 01:14:33 PM
I'd say that the American libertarians, as a movement, have mostly been "captured" by monied interests who are cynically using the libertarians to promulgate policies beneficial to those monied interests - with no regard whatever for whether the policies are also beneficial to the libertarians being used. 

The American libertarians, as the mouthpieces of corrupt monied interests,  mostly wind up speaking out in favor of the right of employers to pay as close to nothing as the labor market will bear, to provide nothing in the way of benefits, etc...  to make a 'race to the bottom' in terms of compensation for labor.  Most of them aren't employers, and would not benefit at all from such policies; in fact most of them would do substantially worse under those policies.  On the liberties that they would actually benefit from - free speech, freedom from surveillence, freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, freedom of religion, right to fair and speedy trials, and so on....  they are silent because agitation in favor of *those* liberties would not serve those who have captured their movement.

The movement in Hong Kong is much younger, and this kind of "capture" hasn't yet had time to take place.  Further, with the Beijing government much less responsive to speech in general and the Chinese labor market already deeply buried in that same kind of 'race to the bottom' for compensation, it's not clear that that kind of capture would be as beneficial for the corrupt money in China as it has been for the corrupt money in the USA.
Activity: 59
November 28, 2017, 05:21:12 PM
Not quite. My question was, if I don't want to give up my land, would you come and get it from me venturing a fight (like retards) over it in the name of humanity? I don't want to be superficial here, just wondering how you see the path of evolution towards a RBE.

Also, a more realistic question is, whether it is better in the name of progress to fight over resources. One fact is, besides basic human necessities, economically more efficient ideas tend to take over. Although managing shit intelligently is probably a better strategy in the long run, I'd like to hear of ideas about how to get to a point where it could take over before resources are already depleted.

The second question is, what if having exact same rights isn't intelligent? I'm saying this because you stated two goals. One is equal rights and the other is resource depletion. What if these two conflict? Or, a better question is, what can these rights be if we want to reach dynamic equilibrium. And of course, is there a way to enforce these without conflicting with these two goals.
Activity: 145
Merit: 14
November 21, 2017, 11:58:06 AM
What are going to with leader version?
About the equation of exchange, yes, kjj formula is more accurate. And even if the original could be used for more than just theoretical reasoning, you can't have the exact measures of P, just estimates of dP. Within freicoin, I don't advocate for an elastic money supply to attain stable prices, but for a fixed monetary base (even more fixed than bitcoin's thanks to demurrage's destruction recycling of lost wallets).
Anyway, price inflation and deflation are still useful monetary concepts despite being abstract.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
November 20, 2017, 07:16:10 PM
Current economics is built on the concept that if we deny man the right to deal with a element or total of his labor in the title of other whims and wants, we can accomplish better results for him and all of us. I have yet to see this efficient on a large scale. In no way on an person a single.
if this is already given, then I think that everything will remain only in dreams or fantastic films. As a rule, new money can be of interest only to a certain number of people, but not on a large scale. How this will affect the employment of people and the economy as a whole, It is not known yet.
It seems to me that this is a mistaken opinion that people are not interested in money or are interested only in a small circle of people. The fact is that today life is rather complicated and expensive, that's why almost every person on the planet today cares about his well-being and was received by his family. Therefore, always and everywhere you need finance.

Certainly, we cannot do without financial stability . In our social circles and our family lives are all enhanced if you are good on finances and that is why we need to be investing in bitcoin and the likes which has the tendency to profit us in future if not now.
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
November 14, 2017, 04:47:01 PM
Current economics is built on the concept that if we deny man the right to deal with a element or total of his labor in the title of other whims and wants, we can accomplish better results for him and all of us. I have yet to see this efficient on a large scale. In no way on an person a single.
if this is already given, then I think that everything will remain only in dreams or fantastic films. As a rule, new money can be of interest only to a certain number of people, but not on a large scale. How this will affect the employment of people and the economy as a whole, It is not known yet.
It seems to me that this is a mistaken opinion that people are not interested in money or are interested only in a small circle of people. The fact is that today life is rather complicated and expensive, that's why almost every person on the planet today cares about his well-being and was received by his family. Therefore, always and everywhere you need finance.
Activity: 56
November 12, 2017, 07:04:59 PM
Hey, this discussion is as well critical to allow it vanish !!! Publish one thing, remark, do one thing to keep it alive.Many thanks.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 121
Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat
November 10, 2017, 02:43:33 PM
Activity: 49
November 10, 2017, 03:25:29 AM
Hey, this discussion is as well crucial to allow it disappear !!! Put up some thing, comment, do anything to hold it alive.Many thanks.
Activity: 84
November 09, 2017, 12:16:05 AM
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
November 08, 2017, 11:15:16 AM
To be honest, everyone who wants to make one global system scares the hell out of me. Especially if it's mixed with some algorithms will decide what's the best for you mumbo-jumbo. Go ahead and build your futuristic city, but I will opt-out from living there, sorry dude.

You live in a current global system already, made by people a long time ago. At the moment we have a good technological progress, so why not to try to do something new and discover new things by gettting out from old system to a newer one?
Economy are only controlled by few maybe crypto currency be a paradigm to change how we look at our monetary system which is now very corrupt in nature it might be the time when we can optimized our world resources that would result to even distribution of wealth among human. and would acquire cheaper health services with the development of technology  higher standard of living among all.
Activity: 3
November 08, 2017, 10:23:55 AM
INJECTIONHere's an idea for critique through the no-money Venus people. Because there are enough resources available to do anything if neccessary, what about the next suggestion. Make silicon legal sensitive. By doing this one of the most plentiful and helpful resources should always be authorized within the remission of a debt. IE you have plentiful money based on an abundant resource. If a person truly thinks the suggestions of the Venus task could work he can under your own accord focus on facets of it. If someone else nevertheless doesn't share their enthusiasm, they are able to under your own accord choose out but would be obligated to simply accept exactly what the organizers of society look at as a highly abundant resource for the remission of debts towards them. Now if sources are truly super plentiful then it is evident and if it is not, then that too will end up evident.
Activity: 4
November 06, 2017, 07:06:51 PM
Well there is exact technology (math, science, biochemistry) and a range of fairly softer areas like viewpoint, sociology, politics and so on.I'd say financial aspects is really a combination in that it deals with precise mathematic formulae, but also develops theories that have been won by extrapolating findings on society and which normally are a little more risky anyway and are not necessarily exclusive types of how humans can live and interact. Furthermore, financial theories may have to be re-examined when changes in culture happen, especially technological changes. Subjects like technological unemployment had been sadly by no means discussed in my college classes back then, which made but still tends to make me feel like it's a large taboo.
October 20, 2017, 04:23:16 AM
INJECTIONHere's an concept for critique by the no-funds Venus individuals. Given that there are enough methods accessible to do anything if required, how about the subsequent recommendation. Make silicon legal tender. This way one of the most plentiful and helpful sources have to constantly be accepted in the remission of a debt. IE you have considerable money primarily based on an plentiful resource. If somebody really believes that the ideas of the Venus task can function he can voluntarily function on elements of it. If an individual else even so does not share their enthusiasm, they can voluntarily opt out but would be obligated to acknowledge what the planners of modern society check out as a extremely abundant source for the remission of debts towards them. So now if methods are truly tremendous plentiful then it will turn out to be evident and if it is not, then that also will turn into obvious.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
October 16, 2017, 06:08:16 PM
Activity: 45
October 06, 2017, 05:33:53 AM
This discussion is dealing only with the effects of the actual international system. Any person has taken into thing to consider the causes ? That would conserve me a Great deal or studying....Thanks.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
September 22, 2017, 04:56:13 PM
To be honest, everyone who wants to make one global system scares the hell out of me. Especially if it's mixed with some algorithms will decide what's the best for you mumbo-jumbo. Go ahead and build your futuristic city, but I will opt-out from living there, sorry dude.

You live in a current global system already, made by people a long time ago. At the moment we have a good technological progress, so why not to try to do something new and discover new things by gettting out from old system to a newer one?
September 22, 2017, 04:30:45 PM
Hey, this dialogue is also crucial to enable it vanish !!! Submit something, comment, do anything to preserve it alive.Thanks.
legendary
September 21, 2017, 06:49:44 AM

I don't want to alarm you, but the entire universe runs off of algorithms that you have no control over.
legendary
September 21, 2017, 06:47:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIc12Yz_iss

In All Seriousness Episode 2

Lots of blockchain discussion towards the end.
Pages:
Jump to: