Pages:
Author

Topic: A Theory on what pirateat40 is doing - page 12. (Read 39920 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
July 04, 2012, 08:40:39 PM
Its a bad thing for one entity to control the majority of any market so I choose to sit this out. Only because it makes them a target imho.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
July 04, 2012, 08:39:03 PM
June 27, 2012, 10:51:06 PM
Quote from: zyk on June 27, 2012, 10:46:44 PM

... twenty pages of gibberish removed ...

Zyk

Weird post is weird.

And yet it contains many of the same weirdnesses it did last time he posted a similar rant: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.994981

Can't tell if it's pro or con pirate. Is "Lip quivering" a good thing or a bad thing?

Lip quivering is what the chairman is doing when he spreads FUD....never seen on 60 minutes?

do you live in a world of right and wrong of good and evil?...need somebody to tell you what to think?  then really my posts ar from  outerspace:-)
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
July 04, 2012, 08:34:19 PM
zyk, is it "Mavrody's school of ponzi" stance these days? Ohh banks runs the biggest ponzi scheme on the planet. It makes it ok to for us to plunder pensioners.

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
July 04, 2012, 08:33:09 PM
Zyk's next post:

World is ponzi
zyk
July 04, 2012, 08:31:49 PM

Zyk

Weird post is weird.

Afraid to see the bigger implications of ponzi schemes ? even afraid to read between the lines?

Then you better trust your social security trust fund than BCST....

weird really
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
July 04, 2012, 08:30:58 PM

Zyk

Weird post is weird.

And yet it contains many of the same weirdnesses it did last time he posted a similar rant: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.994981

Can't tell if it's pro or con pirate. Is "Lip quivering" a good thing or a bad thing?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
July 04, 2012, 08:26:33 PM
We both have the same amount of evidence here (none) so... its kind of getting pointless

I'm sorry, how is the last 7 or 8 months of him running his business a lack of evidence on my part as to what I should annualize his rate to?

well, as far as 'annualise' the deleted accounts and changed rules are there, but i was talking bigger picture, the ponzi/legit side of it

yeah me too, the annualized rate as per the evidence of the last 7 or 8 months suggests an abnormally high rate of return which is a serious red flag. I wouldn't call that nothing.
Activity: 504
July 04, 2012, 08:19:50 PM
We both have the same amount of evidence here (none) so... its kind of getting pointless

I'm sorry, how is the last 7 or 8 months of him running his business a lack of evidence on my part as to what I should annualize his rate to?

well, as far as 'annualise' the deleted accounts and changed rules are there, but i was talking bigger picture, the ponzi/legit side of it
legendary
July 04, 2012, 08:16:24 PM

July 04, 2012, 08:11:22 PM
specifically, your quote says "and usually does not take into account the effects of compounding. "

Last I checked usually != always. Clearly the above is not true in our case.

And yet, Clearly it should be... as 3300% is not going to happen and nowhere has it been claimed that it will be 7%/week with unlimited deposits for a year... compounding is not how it is meant to be (although reinvesting is allowed, that is not the same thing as it being compounding interest, just the same effect)

Ok fair enough, point to a week when the rate he paid wasn't 7% and when "reinvesting" wasn't allowed and you will prove I made a mistake.
IIRC it started out as 10%, I wish I had the coins back then, and the lower payments for lower accounts is also new I think, and then there are the changes to come in a few weeks...

And newer accounts have been (reportedly) deleted to make room for older accounts reinvesting.

zyk
July 04, 2012, 08:08:48 PM

Dear pirate,

Sorry, i ment 1.5 trillion missing from the pentagon and of course good storys got be enjoyed not critisised

Impeccable services got to be advertised the whole world over, instead of kept secret in blocked threads..no?

Especially Europe now needs an alternative currency , secure and safe banks.....exactly which is written in the subject :

BTCBitcoin Savings and Trust | HomeBTC

Its only there, where german savings are not to be confiscated by profiligate GS alumni like Draghi, Monti or the hell what other mafiosi

yeah lets get the new reserve bank rock !!!.....coming from 24% monthly thats lasts another 2000 years before reaching 0,15 % yearly

this time no lip quivering asshole at the helm but a pirate

D´accord ?

Zyk

Uh.... I gotta stop drinking.  I didn't follow any of that.

Being a drunken european newbee to the bitcoin scenery am a bit concerned about the agressive FUDS thrown around in the " community ".

Haven´t you all recognized that the world lives in a huge american dollar ponzi scheme since the Fed in 1913 was given the right to loan your aircraft carriers into existence??

This FUD broke 2008, its barely growing now and of course only the deptenslavery of our unborn children and studentloans are enforced, cause they are the last members which

haven´t been used up in this chain letter. The TBTF and the responsible criminals are still at the helm, trying to get out of dodge.

Right along comes the Bitcoin, supposedly immun to inflation at will, trying to be the new worldwide accepted and decentralised medium of exchange, leaving out the fraudsters.

Hammering away on pirate doesn´t serve the common purpose, which is, as i ve been coming to experience since now, the trustworthy and honorful conduct of the users

of bitcoin. Really ashamed that Burt W is able to sell bad loans:-)

Bitcoin in and of itself is the new ponzi in town and pirate happens to be somebody who has become with GPUmax and BST a centralising force in the scene.

As far as i can judge him by the things he wrote, its rather unlikely, that he just wants to be a thief but he is, and thats apparently not just my concern, not able

or willing to extrapolate or projecting a coherent story about his dealings ......the bitcoin world is still small, but international and of course could be growing by 10 per cent

weekly....did you see the different prices in the countries and those arbitrage opportunities?.....

Problem in my view is, that  the pirate by not percieving his buiseness  a ponzi scheme, involuntarily delivers the community to the old world and their machinations because

he declines to speak about the motives of his clients.....if they are just served...alright.....but if he takes sides with them rather then comforting himself in the position as our

unelected leader, lets get him knee holed :-)

P.S dear pirate.... don´t start drinking, not just yet:-)

When perpetrating a ponzi and dependent on exponentiell growing client participation, he should not close the BCST thread and run to IRC.......the thread was the main international

advertising site.   Yes bitcoin in and of itself is a ponzi which priate safed last autumn  singlefootedly and could have found a conduct that wants to funnel money into bitcoin universe...

its growing all over the world and the early adaptors reaping gains......seven percent weekly won´t be possible in all eternaty but much longer then the critics here believe ...its just

dependent of bitcoin reputation and conduct.......so just invent a coherent story for all the little investors that the operation can last a lifetime!!!....instead of fighting against ponzi

accusations......if not ,your clients or may it be yourself have yourself by your balls rather soon......and you will need to default (crashing Bitcoinquote) before  buying  back all coins you

owe your lenders!   or is the pot already big enough to collude with your passthroughs, take the money and run ?

Hoping on the clever- and faithfulness of the captain.....but seeing him secretly silent is a doubtful strategy to spark more interest and curioisity in bitcoin.....

Come on pirate even only 40.. you took on the ship..now stear it!!

Zyk
legendary
July 04, 2012, 08:02:48 PM
specifically, your quote says "and usually does not take into account the effects of compounding. "

And yet, Clearly it should be... as 3300% is not going to happen and nowhere has it been claimed that it will be 7%/week with unlimited deposits for a year... compounding is not how it is meant to be (although reinvesting is allowed, that is not the same thing as it being compounding interest, just the same effect)

Ok fair enough, point to a week when the rate he paid wasn't 7% and when "reinvesting" wasn't allowed and you will prove I made a mistake.
July 04, 2012, 08:01:13 PM

legendary
July 04, 2012, 07:59:19 PM

July 04, 2012, 07:54:24 PM
legendary
July 04, 2012, 07:53:08 PM
I'm not sure if you are really asking or just trolling.
July 04, 2012, 07:47:23 PM
I still don't see anywhere where it says it will be 7%/week for a year with unlimited deposits, so no, it isn't 3300%/year

Definition of 'Annualize'
1. To convert a rate of any length into a rate that reflects the rate on an annual (yearly) basis. This is most often done on rates of less than one year, and usually does not take into account the effects of compounding. The annualized rate is not a guarantee but only an estimate, and its accuracy depends on the variance of the rate. This rate is also known as "annualized return" and is similar to "run rate".

2. To convert a taxation period of less than one year to an annual (yearly) basis. This helps income earners to set out an effective tax plan and manage any tax implications.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/annualize.asp#ixzz1zhUplMwv

So then it should be 365% per year you're saying?
legendary
July 04, 2012, 07:44:57 PM
I still don't see anywhere where it says it will be 7%/week for a year with unlimited deposits, so no, it isn't 3300%/year

Definition of 'Annualize'
1. To convert a rate of any length into a rate that reflects the rate on an annual (yearly) basis. This is most often done on rates of less than one year, and usually does not take into account the effects of compounding. The annualized rate is not a guarantee but only an estimate, and its accuracy depends on the variance of the rate. This rate is also known as "annualized return" and is similar to "run rate".

2. To convert a taxation period of less than one year to an annual (yearly) basis. This helps income earners to set out an effective tax plan and manage any tax implications.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/annualize.asp#ixzz1zhUplMwv
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
July 04, 2012, 07:30:43 PM
There's no post to the contrary either (as far as I know). He's still offering 7% to the pass throughs and whatnot.
July 04, 2012, 07:27:00 PM
Pages:
Jump to: