Pages:
Author

Topic: A warning about Rpietila - page 2. (Read 7476 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 30, 2013, 04:38:00 PM
I think hes one of the best posters on this forum, Judging from the majority of posters, I think Rpietila may be one of the sanest people here but most are just too crazy to see. With the amount of people screaming at him in every thread he posts in it really doesn't seem necessary to make a  thread just to highlight his personal/medical problems. If you want to discredit him you're only bet is to wait for the BTC price to continue rising and then you can point out that he was wrong about the crash, but i think there's a very good chance that his predictions are spot on and he will end up being the one laughing at everyone for making fun of him.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
November 30, 2013, 04:25:31 PM
There have been more scammers here than I have ever seen in any internet community.

I rejoice every time a scammer runs off with suckers money. Why?
Being scammed into bankruptcy is every Bitcoiners true destiny.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
November 30, 2013, 04:22:18 PM
New people should be aware that this forum is full of sharks. There have been more scammers here than I have ever seen in any internet community. Tread carefully and don't trust anybody.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
November 30, 2013, 04:21:15 PM
It seems to me that securities traders are a "type" and a lot of them do have manic depressive episodes.  Does the work attract that type of person or is that type of person better at it than the rest of us?
LOL, he said "work" and "securities traders" in the same paragraph. Roll Eyes

If it's not work and there is obviously high reward, why don't you go do it?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
November 30, 2013, 04:19:16 PM

My original post was meant as a warning for newbies to be careful about whose advice they follow.

Then say that instead of singling out one person.  He is far from the worst here, and having two entire threads devoted to him can't be helping his condition.

Fucktard.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
November 30, 2013, 04:14:21 PM
It seems to me that securities traders are a "type" and a lot of them do have manic depressive episodes.  Does the work attract that type of person or is that type of person better at it than the rest of us?
LOL, he said "work" and "securities traders" in the same paragraph. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
November 30, 2013, 03:59:13 PM
Please stop referring to this as a "health" problem. The way a person thinks and behaves are never treated effectively using medicine. Medicine tends to act as a way of subduing the symptoms of these manic people, it doesn't "cure" anything. You cannot medicate yourself into behavioural health any more effectively than you can think your way to physical health.

No-one should be encouraging, in whatever small way, a course of action that will remove rpietila's individuality of thought. He needs to use his faculties to manage his behaviour and self-reflect constructively, not take a route that destroys the type of thinking that makes him unique.
A very good point, and important to remember for all of us. Nobody who is into bitcoin at this early stage is entirely "normal" by muggle standards. And those who understand it better than most, even less so.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
November 30, 2013, 03:46:31 PM
Please stop referring to this as a "health" problem. The way a person thinks and behaves are never treated effectively using medicine. Medicine tends to act as a way of subduing the symptoms of these manic people, it doesn't "cure" anything. You cannot medicate yourself into behavioural health any more effectively than you can think your way to physical health.

No-one should be encouraging, in whatever small way, a course of action that will remove rpietila's individuality of thought. He needs to use his faculties to manage his behaviour and self-reflect constructively, not take a route that destroys the type of thinking that makes him unique.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
November 30, 2013, 03:23:44 PM
I agree, I don't post often but I've found rpietila's data and insight very useful. Doesn't mean I agree 100% with everything he says, but he certainly makes a very welcomed contribution.

Bringing up peoples' personal health issues is a very distasteful thing to do.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
November 30, 2013, 03:16:33 PM
Rpietila is a good guy.

I don't post much here and whether or not he does have a medical condition, I still respect him. I admire the data that he posts and the wealth of information he provides for the rest of the community.
Thank you Rpietila.

If it wasn't for his data (other's data as well) I would not have bought in at $60. I am still holding long thanks to Rpietila and other people's data. The people who call doom for bitcoin or say it is going to fail never provide any data, charts, graphs, or statistics.

TLDR/Cliffs:

Rpietila's data made me purchase Bitcoins at $60 and I still hold them. Thanks to him and without disclosing how many BTC I have, I can say that he has made me more than 20 x my investment.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1009
November 30, 2013, 03:02:35 PM
I don't post in this section as I don't feel I know enough to contribute fully.

However it was reading Risto's threads that first got me hooked on Bitcoin.

He treads a fine line between lunatic and genius as do most people I respect. Its a noble thing to formulate bold ideas and disseminate them whilst clearly not giving a shit about the way in which you are perceived by your peers.

He's got a big ego and can come across as a dick but will always get two thumbs up from me.

Activity: 189
Hello
November 30, 2013, 02:40:00 PM
Personal attack threads...  funny with all the utopian mouth fulls that gets passed but then can't stand to have an opinion differ .. much hypocrisy.. keep up the good work Rpietila, logical extrapolations and conjecture are forbidden especially in a speculation forum.  Come on now kids.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
November 30, 2013, 02:21:26 PM
break yo stigma
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
November 30, 2013, 02:17:37 PM
Also agreed. This thread was made in poor taste.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
November 30, 2013, 02:16:36 PM
for those new to bitcoin and have time to spare during this quiet time, go to rpietila's profile and read his posts from pages 50 down to 40...

My original post was meant as a warning for newbies to be careful about whose advice they follow. I work with people with severe mental health problems for a living, so I know first hand the suffering they and their loved ones go through. I therefore appreciate quite significantly that it is unjust to analyse someone based solely on their mental health, in the process exposing them in public.

However I also believe that highlighting someone's mental health issues becomes important when they put themselves or are deemed to be in a position of power/influence.

I find that hard to believe.  You are on a forum where people are convinced that the New World Order invented Bitcoin, where people rave about the Fed being a Jewish conspiracy and with people who are convinced lizard people from space run the world.  And you worry about Rpietila?  Seriously, admit you made a scummy thread and stop posting.

I agree.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
November 30, 2013, 02:11:25 PM
for those new to bitcoin and have time to spare during this quiet time, go to rpietila's profile and read his posts from pages 50 down to 40...

My original post was meant as a warning for newbies to be careful about whose advice they follow. I work with people with severe mental health problems for a living, so I know first hand the suffering they and their loved ones go through. I therefore appreciate quite significantly that it is unjust to analyse someone based solely on their mental health, in the process exposing them in public.

However I also believe that highlighting someone's mental health issues becomes important when they put themselves or are deemed to be in a position of power/influence.

I find that hard to believe.  You are on a forum where people are convinced that the New World Order invented Bitcoin, where people rave about the Fed being a Jewish conspiracy and with people who are convinced lizard people from space run the world.  And you worry about Rpietila?  Seriously, admit you made a scummy thread and stop posting.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
November 30, 2013, 02:03:41 PM
I'm glad to see all the appreciative comments about Risto because he deserves them!

He's the most interesting and intelligent person on the forum!
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 30, 2013, 02:03:04 PM

Activity: 189
Hello
November 30, 2013, 01:56:20 PM
Is a nice feeling when people immortalize someone else, there is no reason to fear anyone or the bitcoin.  The market will do as it wishes and as those with big balances wishes.  Those who have the means don't need to use the forum to make things happen.  I see lots of people claiming to be open minded only to get offended if something is said that does not suit their wishes.  Oh well, happy times.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
November 30, 2013, 01:41:13 PM
I think there was also an issue with him scamming people for some sort of Bitcoin Summit.  It was in the Netherlands or something and supposedly was going to be the most luxurious trip with like all sorts of amenities (I remember he was particularly proud of his filtered water).
lol, he never scammed anyone, there was a bitcoin summit in finland, trailer: http://vimeo.com/79972491 (password: bitcoin), anyways he got into some arguments with the hotel and after that he ended up being hospitalized. And the staff there asked him if it was okay that he was involuntary hospitalized.  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: