Pages:
Author

Topic: A warning about Rpietila - page 4. (Read 7476 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 502
November 30, 2013, 08:15:36 AM
Rpietila is a top bloke as far as I can tell.......
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
November 30, 2013, 08:15:25 AM
I'd rather be poor than manic depressive.  Talk about a curse.
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
November 30, 2013, 08:13:27 AM
Well I think its funny.

We need a dozen or so more of him around here. Put them in production.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
November 30, 2013, 08:10:50 AM
So, what's the story behind him? I read that he took a photo with someone elses Rolls Royce pretending it's his.

Is he actually a whale or is that a lie too?

He's actually a whale.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 30, 2013, 08:08:30 AM
So, what's the story behind him? I read that he took a photo with someone elses Rolls Royce pretending it's his.

Is he actually a whale or is that a lie too?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 30, 2013, 07:58:56 AM
yes he was, by his own assertion:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-supernode-system-232802

the change in language is quite typical when one switches from a manic phase to a euthymic or depressive phase...
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
November 30, 2013, 07:58:17 AM
Wait, it's confirmed that he was hospitalized?

Confirmed multiple times by rpietila himself.

I met some of his staff at the San Jose conference, but he was unable to attend.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
November 30, 2013, 07:52:23 AM
Welcome back Rpietila!

Thank you, you actually moved my heart. The total communications ban (although I see it was necessary considering my health) was very difficult to take mentally and I picked up a habit of chain-smoking cigars (almost the only thing allowed for me to do during the reset my mind). I will hopefully not write too much or too weird things since this board is followed by my medical staff. Also please do not you call me King of Europe or anything.

I have some notes, which I will be released in due time. Now just consider that I am still inside the ward, just first day trying to use computer.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
November 30, 2013, 07:49:49 AM
just to throw fuel on this fire, anyone else noticed a the change in language style before/after?

might just be me though  Undecided

edit: (I don't mean from cheerful to depressed I mean dialect wise, like a different nationality)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 30, 2013, 07:42:09 AM
Wait, it's confirmed that he was hospitalized?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
November 30, 2013, 07:41:00 AM
Had to start a new topic as he deleted my posts in his topic. This is just a reminder to those who might have forgotten or those who are new to bitcoin.

Rpietila is shouting doom and gloom all over the forum, but until the beginning of the year he was predicting a bitcoin valuation of several hundred thousand USD. That was whilst he was in a manic phase, during which his behavior on these forums, as well as in real life caused much sensation and is well documented for those interested in using the search function.

He was subsequently involuntarily hospitalized in a psychiatric facility, diagnosed with Bipolar Affective Disorder, with multiple delusions of grandeur. He now seems to be in a depressive phase of his illness and is spreading doom and gloom on the speculation forums. Either that, or he has sold just before we hit 1000 and is now regretting his mistake.

Either way, thread carefully with him

Most of us who have been in Bitcoin for a few years have been called lunatics.  It seems to me that securities traders are a "type" and a lot of them do have manic depressive episodes.  Does the work attract that type of person or is that type of person better at it than the rest of us?  Who knows?  In either case, its a little unfair and illogical to say someone is wrong because they were sick. 
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 30, 2013, 07:24:16 AM
Had to start a new topic as he deleted my posts in his topic. This is just a reminder to those who might have forgotten or those who are new to bitcoin.

Rpietila is shouting doom and gloom all over the forum, but until the beginning of the year he was predicting a bitcoin valuation of several hundred thousand USD. That was whilst he was in a manic phase, during which his behavior on these forums, as well as in real life caused much sensation and is well documented for those interested in using the search function.

He was subsequently involuntarily hospitalized in a psychiatric facility, diagnosed with Bipolar Affective Disorder, with multiple delusions of grandeur. He now seems to be in a depressive phase of his illness and is spreading doom and gloom on the speculation forums. Either that, or he has sold just before we hit 1000 and is now regretting his mistake.

Either way, tread carefully with him
Pages:
Jump to: