Pages:
Author

Topic: A warning about Rpietila - page 3. (Read 7476 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
November 30, 2013, 01:23:08 PM
I think there was also an issue with him scamming people for some sort of Bitcoin Summit.  It was in the Netherlands or something and supposedly was going to be the most luxurious trip with like all sorts of amenities (I remember he was particularly proud of his filtered water).
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
November 30, 2013, 01:22:37 PM
Looks like someone is freaking out that Risto might talk the price down.

It takes a lot of talent to talk up the price and then talk it down. He's a genius at it or he genuinely believes what he is saying. I think he genuinely believes what he is saying.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
November 30, 2013, 01:17:51 PM
He was subsequently involuntarily hospitalized in a psychiatric facility, diagnosed with Bipolar Affective Disorder, with multiple delusions of grandeur. He now seems to be in a depressive phase of his illness and is spreading doom and gloom on the speculation forums. Either that, or he has sold just before we hit 1000 and is now regretting his mistake.

Either way, thread carefully with him

Hey man, let Risto alone, he is more smart than you. Anyway, we are not kids, we can take care of ourselves.

Yes this.  Hopefully he can just ignore this thread!

That said, I have often thought that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.  I suppose it has to be that way.  Being a brilliant mind in a world of people that do not "get it" has to be one of the most frustrating places to be.

Many of the people on this board are geniuses.  I am fortunate enough to be mostly normal. Wink  I have my moments of depression and have a brother that is schizophrenic so I understand the battles that can take place in our minds for sure but although I am "above average" I am not at the place most are on here.

I will just pray for Rpietila to have peace of mind so he continue on in his endeavors.  I for one value his deep and analytical input and all that he has contributed to the Bitcoin society.   
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
November 30, 2013, 12:56:44 PM
Looks like someone is freaking out that Risto might talk the price down.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
November 30, 2013, 12:47:18 PM
I don't think we need this thread. Leave the guy alone, he's as crazy/sane as any of us are. He believes in bitcoin, so that's good enough for me.

I totally agree - live and let live, and let's leave the personal health issues out?

You can ignore anyone you like here, it is up to you - but a personal attack thread is a bit much.

+1. this isn't a high school clique - ignore who you want privately.

by the way, attacking someone is the best way to give them more power over you.

Totally unnecessary thread. Ad hominem.

+1
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
November 30, 2013, 12:46:02 PM
Had to start a new topic as he deleted my posts in his topic. This is just a reminder to those who might have forgotten or those who are new to bitcoin.

Rpietila is shouting doom and gloom all over the forum, but until the beginning of the year he was predicting a bitcoin valuation of several hundred thousand USD. That was whilst he was in a manic phase, during which his behavior on these forums, as well as in real life caused much sensation and is well documented for those interested in using the search function.

He was subsequently involuntarily hospitalized in a psychiatric facility, diagnosed with Bipolar Affective Disorder, with multiple delusions of grandeur. He now seems to be in a depressive phase of his illness and is spreading doom and gloom on the speculation forums. Either that, or he has sold just before we hit 1000 and is now regretting his mistake.

He's the guy who convinced me to buy Bitcoins when I was sitting on the fence about it. I say give the guy some credit for being one of the most brilliant promoters in the Bitcoin community.

But I don't think he's mentally ill just because you say so and regardless of what you think, he has done well for himself. It might be a good time to cash out for him and enjoy his profit.
Activity: 51
November 30, 2013, 12:41:17 PM

Or maybe knit carefully? I didn't know rpietila was a member of a knitting club.

Seen him in person, didn't get any strange vibes or anything.
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000
☑ ♟ ☐ ♚
November 30, 2013, 12:36:06 PM
I don't think we need this thread. Leave the guy alone, he's as crazy/sane as any of us are. He believes in bitcoin, so that's good enough for me.

I totally agree - live and let live, and let's leave the personal health issues out?

You can ignore anyone you like here, it is up to you - but a personal attack thread is a bit much.

Totally unnecessary thread. Ad hominem.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
November 30, 2013, 12:26:57 PM
Risto has made many thought-provoking contributions to bitcoin, including his SSS divestment plan, his real-bills concept, and the interesting super-node idea.  I always look forward to reading his posts and following his threads.  

Risto is walking the steep mountain ridge of genius: below to his left lay the mundane valleys of conformist-sanity, and a few strides to his right--the cliffs of insanity.  From his elevation I think he can sometimes see things that were blocked from my view.  I appreciate the opportunity to listen to his argument and then debate politely on the wide range of topics he is able to discuss.  
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
November 30, 2013, 12:11:55 PM

perhaps y'all just jealous cuz you're not as rich & cool as rpietila
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 30, 2013, 11:58:35 AM
Yeah his reasoning with 'data' was pretty off and biased.
Activity: 35
November 30, 2013, 11:38:52 AM
I'm bi-polar, I hope he's ok. I'm all for warnings about blatant manipulation, but shouting about people's mental health isn't nice.
Activity: 210
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
November 30, 2013, 10:46:03 AM
Let's say even he is actually creating panic, so what? At least he's putting real efforts to create the oppurtunity he's after.
In return if you are feeling threatened by him you go ahead and start with a bull thread with some charts, statistics and predictions, lol, what's the big deal.
Activity: 230
November 30, 2013, 10:42:23 AM

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643
November 30, 2013, 10:18:24 AM

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
November 30, 2013, 10:11:53 AM
Activity: 219
Merit: 106
November 30, 2013, 09:09:46 AM
I like Rpietila, god forbid he expresses a different opinion to most others on the forum,
and how dare he express it in a different way to what most other people do  Shocked
Activity: 35
November 30, 2013, 08:42:32 AM
I'd rather be poor than manic depressive.  Talk about a curse.
Being bipolar is actually closer to being schizophrenic than manic depressive.

Manic-depressive is an old term for bipolar. It's a mood disorder, and can't be compared to a schizophrenic disorder.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
November 30, 2013, 08:35:54 AM
Don't care. His SSS plan is tops, and whatever else he might be at least he's not obnoxious enough to get on ignore. Good luck with health etc.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
November 30, 2013, 08:18:02 AM
I'd rather be poor than manic depressive.  Talk about a curse.
Being bipolar is actually closer to being schizophrenic than manic depressive.
Pages:
Jump to: