Pages:
Author

Topic: About the ETH hard fork. - page 3. (Read 551 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 250
December 30, 2018, 12:08:57 PM
So, you want to buy ETH now to get the "fork" coin? If yes, I don't think the next fork will create new coin like what btc does, or at least that what i read. There is no block number about when it will happen, only date which is on 16 January 2019. From that, i don't think there will be fork coin.
Even if there will be new tokens or coin when for happen, i think you probably will receive it directly to your wallet or there will be news about it.

No, the fork will effectively create a new coin. Date of a fork is always derived from a block number and estimated block velocity, Constantinople is about to happen at block 7,080,000.

From what I know, Ethereum upgrade Constantinopole won't produce a new coin. According to the developer, the upgrade is expected to make ethereum blockchain faster and efficient.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
December 30, 2018, 11:56:01 AM
hi everyone, i have a question,  please answer  Smiley

at which block will the eth Constantinople hard fork occur?
should i buy eth now to get the fork? or is it too late? thanks for all the help Smiley Smiley

not too late because hardfork is expected to occur in January. my advice is better buy now, hold it because now the price is quite low. if the attention is coming soon the price of ethereum will go up, so if you don't buy now you will regret it
hardfork's plan will start in mid January and at this time the price isn't too high, so there's still time to start buying if you want to get a good moment to be able to sell it at a high price
Activity: 672
Merit: 35
#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator
December 30, 2018, 11:51:14 AM
The hardfork at block 7080000 - current block = ..... x 14.5 seconds/block miner (+-) =.... : 86400second/24hour = xxxx day, look like on etherscan last blocks.

Note: I saw hardfork will not to produce any new coin, like old ethereum classic ETC. so an original preparing of ethereum 2.0 and under-main PoS also an including scalability (TPS/network/etc) other things the technicals

Meeting-Agenda Dev, prepare before HF Friday 04th January https://github.com/ethereum/pm/issues/66/
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
December 30, 2018, 11:31:14 AM
7080000 is the number of the block on which the update will occur. the update will be approximately January 16-19, 2019.
Activity: 448
Merit: 60
imagine me
December 30, 2018, 10:52:31 AM
it's not too late to buy, please buy ETH as best you can and save it in your wallet,
later when hardfork is close, there will be a lot of information born.
Dude, please, be more constructive when you post and read the topic carefully.

@OP, I never knew that there will be an upcoming fork. This might be the reason why ETH maintained its value at $100-150, who knows, it might go up to $200 again.

I will reiterate what damberg have said. According to coindesk;

"the developers assembled agreed on block 7,080,000 on the ethereum blockchain as an activation point at which users would be able to elect to upgrade to the new code. Put simply, should users choose to accept the change by upgrading their software, the update would go live when the block is mined.

According to estimates by release manager for the Parity Ethereum client, Afri Schoedon, this means Constantinople is expected to go live between January 14 and 18."

Source

EDIT:

@OP;
in this update, ETH holders will not receive any additional coins. so buying for some kind of free distribution it is very bad idea

There is no split, it's just an upgrade. The ETH "proof-of-stake" might be near.
Activity: 840
Merit: 17
PG-PAY Gold Backed Token
December 30, 2018, 10:51:13 AM
why does nobody ever help me or reply to my threads  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

If you go to etherscan, this information is the first thing you will see. Thats why nobody is responding in the first instance.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
December 30, 2018, 10:50:51 AM
So, you want to buy ETH now to get the "fork" coin? If yes, I don't think the next fork will create new coin like what btc does, or at least that what i read. There is no block number about when it will happen, only date which is on 16 January 2019. From that, i don't think there will be fork coin.
Even if there will be new tokens or coin when for happen, i think you probably will receive it directly to your wallet or there will be news about it.

No, the fork will effectively create a new coin. Date of a fork is always derived from a block number and estimated block velocity, Constantinople is about to happen at block 7,080,000.
Activity: 662
Merit: 11
www.cd3d.app
December 30, 2018, 10:49:49 AM

should i buy eth now to get the fork? or is it too late? thanks for all the help Smiley Smiley

not too late because hardfork is expected to occur in January. my advice is better buy now, hold it because now the price is quite low. if the attention is coming soon the price of ethereum will go up, so if you don't buy now you will regret it
Activity: 438
Merit: 100
December 30, 2018, 10:44:24 AM
in this update, ETH holders will not receive any additional coins. so buying for some kind of free distribution it is very bad idea
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
December 30, 2018, 10:35:31 AM

I have the same concern too. I wanna get some of these tokens. My situation is that my ETH are on the MEW, is there anything I'd have to do to actually receive some of these tokens or I get automatically sent to my account  as I have Ether on it?

A lot of forks already, will it even  have a value?
Activity: 1218
Merit: 410
Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org
December 30, 2018, 10:22:33 AM

edit:
Ah, okay. Looks like the news that i read is not contain that thing.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 250
December 30, 2018, 08:44:22 AM
it's not too late to buy, please buy ETH as best you can and save it in your wallet,
later when hardfork is close, there will be a lot of information born.
Activity: 214
Cryptocurrency is the FUTURE!
December 30, 2018, 08:43:44 AM
why does nobody ever help me or reply to my threads  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Activity: 214
Cryptocurrency is the FUTURE!
December 30, 2018, 08:05:51 AM

Pages:
Jump to: