Pages:
Author

Topic: Accidentally sent BTC to Bitmixer.io donation address but no refund - page 4. (Read 6276 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I already proved my bitcoin address via email

but they told me "Sadly there is nothing that we can do."
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
Well, I'm sorry for your loss, But I'll have to say it. There's no way they can know that it was you that sent those coins unless you prove that you control the address from which they were sent. The only thing you can try know is to enter negotiations with them saying that you can proove that you still control the address by sending them an exact amout. other than that, they will have the right to keep the coins

You can prove that you control an address by signing a statement with the private key for that address.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
if you're willing to share the emails you've exchanged with them.
I've moved it to service discussions temporarily unless you want to start a scam accusation against them.

Technically you can't say that they've scammed you but this is definitely wrong behavior from them especially after you've told them that they can keep 30% out of 30 BTC (which is a lot of money).
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Well, I'm sorry for your loss, But I'll have to say it. There's no way they can know that it was you that sent those coins unless you prove that you control the address from which they were sent. The only thing you can try know is to enter negotiations with them saying that you can proove that you still control the address by sending them an exact amout. other than that, they will have the right to keep the coins
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
There is a Scam Accusations subforum, maybe you should post there, if you're willing to share the emails you've exchanged with them.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Sorry to hear of this loss. It is a huge loss for sure!

It is ofcourse your own responsibility to make sure that you send coins to the right address. On the other hand, it is quite sad of bitmixer to treat this situation like this, especially considering the size of the transaction.

You could try posting in their thread in the service section and give them negative feedback through the trust system here.

Other than that, ask them nicely again and make sure to check your transactions better next time.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Yesterday, Bitmixer.io sent me a message that signed with Bitcoin address and I mistakenly sent 30 BTC to that address. It turns out they are using that address for receiving donations, so I immediately contacted the Bitmixer.io team with solid proof asking for refund.
But they are keep saying "Sadly there is nothing that we can do." and "All funds sent to this address are considered donations.”

I replied "It was absolutely not a donation. But that was my mistake, I will donate 30% of mistakenly sent BTC so can I get the rest of them back", but they replied "I am sorry you sent to the wrong address, but there is nothing I can do.”

This is absolute nonsense and pathetic. Even though this is happened because of my mistake, it seems they care more about their earnings (whether it is legit or not) than the customers. If you are thinking of using Bitmixer.io with large amount of Bitcoin, please aware that there is a possibility of scam.
Pages:
Jump to: