Pages:
Author

Topic: Address with Avalon bulk chip payments now tops $8 million... - page 5. (Read 18116 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
So maybe they have a new chip they will substitute with a higher hash rate? I can hope right?

I could see that counting as the exciting news they plan to announce.
Activity: 16
I have a contact in China which I use for sourcing inventory. Last week I asked her to look into getting ahold of the Avalon chips for less than the 0.085~ BTC rate the chips are typically going for in this forum's group buy threads. She contacted the TSMC foundry, which said that they aren't producing the chips anymore. At the time I brushed it off as maybe she had bad information or any other numbers of things could have happened, but with this new information this does not bode well.

Is it not possible that TSMC would just deny producing Avalon chips due to security/insurance concerns?
Admitting it is pretty much saying "come on in guys, we produce money generating ICs!"

The key word here is "anymore". Also I doubt that the world's largest semiconductor foundry is worried about security.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
200 OK
I have a contact in China which I use for sourcing inventory. Last week I asked her to look into getting ahold of the Avalon chips for less than the 0.085~ BTC rate the chips are typically going for in this forum's group buy threads. She contacted the TSMC foundry, which said that they aren't producing the chips anymore. At the time I brushed it off as maybe she had bad information or any other numbers of things could have happened, but with this new information this does not bode well.

Is it not possible that TSMC would just deny producing Avalon chips due to security/insurance concerns?
Admitting it is pretty much saying "come on in guys, we produce money generating ICs!"
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
So maybe they have a new chip they will substitute with a higher hash rate? I can hope right?
Activity: 16
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
My thought from the beginning is that it is an investors wallet who already funded avalon. Why else would everything be setup the way it is. Why all the scam paranoia?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Sum that to the other 43k+ BTC from batch3 orders that are sitting in one wallet too. Its clear to me that is no more  avalons funds, but the payment processors cold wallet or something and maybe they lack a reason to cash out at this point. Let it be.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
The real Q is how to cash out 65K btc to pay for expenses. Even half of that is a lot to cash out. Look at the order book at Gox and you can see thats going to be difficult.

I've been mentioning this for a while - the marketplace is not ready to support the price in many circles (some webdev circles, sure)

be ready for a swoon/crash for the next rocky 6 months unless merchants step to the plate and start doing some heavy lifting and accepting bitcoin

from miners needing to get their ROI to ASIC builders having to deal with suppliers who don't take btc, you have an exodus waiting to happen or a flood to a few brave souls to fill in the next gaps

legendary
Activity: 974
This has potential to become the biggest scam in Bitcoin-history.

Ready the deadliest weapon in our arsenal - the SCAMMER-TAG!!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Not for nothing, but i was always under the impression that their units were shipped and in the wild. At least looking at their website, I saw no indication that they were't.

So it's true then, that ASCIMiner essentially controls ALL of the ASIC mining power at this point?

I would say yes... Except for the few BFL jallys in the wild. It is also possible there are other ASIC companies that just aren't public. No one can know for sure.

And paying out 1-3% weekly dividends on their stock Wink.
200 OK
Not for nothing, but i was always under the impression that their units were shipped and in the wild. At least looking at their website, I saw no indication that they were't.

So it's true then, that ASCIMiner essentially controls ALL of the ASIC mining power at this point?

I would say yes... Except for the few BFL jallys in the wild. It is also possible there are other ASIC companies that just aren't public. No one can know for sure.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

200 OK
somebody called and woke me up in the middle of the night for this, so I'll keep it short.

1a. see the conference video, I thought that's an update; for the lazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
1b. also got cornered after the panel and somebody took this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
2. an update incoming in < 1 week, pretty exciting.
3. we fully understand there is problems with orders ( no way?! )
- we can not address these issues IF WE DO NOT SOLVE OUR PRODUCTION ISSUE then we can not DELIVER at all.
- so until that happens, get all your information ready and bump the ticket if it makes you feel better, or just wish to complain and blow off some steam. ( please do not create new ones though, usually looking at the support system ticket insolvency merging at least 5-6 other ones first... ).
4. this forum is a giant waste of time, get back to coding, go outside, hug your mother, do something,

lastly, food for though:

who says we control that address in the first place?  Wink

Oh Yifu great one, I never doubted thee! Grin

Seriously though, everyone needs to relax instead of spreading FUD, like the garbage that appeared on btcbible yesterday.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Or ASICminer expanded their mining farm.
Without reporting it to the ASICMiner shareholders? I guess this is possible too.

They went from ~20 TH/s to between 26 and 29 TH/s during this period. They have also delivered 4000 333 MH/s USBs, and hundreds (if not thousands) of 13 GH/s blades to customers. My third batch of blade orders has already arrived across the pacific.    Tongue

Oh, and I've got 10 of those USB miners here.... they are averaging 400 MH/s.
donator
Activity: 294
somebody called and woke me up in the middle of the night for this, so I'll keep it short.

1a. see the conference video, I thought that's an update; for the lazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
1b. also got cornered after the panel and somebody took this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
- we can not address these issues IF WE DO NOT SOLVE OUR PRODUCTION ISSUE then we can not DELIVER at all.
- so until that happens, get all your information ready and bump the ticket if it makes you feel better, or just wish to complain and blow off some steam. ( please do not create new ones though, usually looking at the support system ticket insolvency merging at least 5-6 other ones first... ).
4. this forum is a giant waste of time, get back to coding, go outside, hug your mother, do something,

lastly, food for though:

Wow, glad I only ordered one.
donator
Activity: 294
Without reporting it to the ASICMiner shareholders? I guess this is possible too.

They went from ~20 TH/s to between 26 and 29 TH/s during this period. They have also delivered 4000 333 MH/s USBs, and hundreds (if not thousands) of 13 GH/s blades to customers. My third batch of blade orders has already arrived across the pacific.    Tongue
Activity: 264

lastly, food for though:

Thank you for the update!
legendary
Activity: 1064

who says we control that address in the first place?  Wink

ZOMG

Maybe they lost the key Smiley
Its official they lost the key Grin
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team

lastly, food for though:

Activity: 56
No there's another explanation. Avalon is mining with people's rigs instead of delivering them.
True. I think a lot of Avalon#2 investors are forum members here, they should create thread to count how many of them have received their unit.

If this graphic is correct - http://asicminercharts.com/, then their average increase of total hashing power during last two weeks is only few TH/s
Pages:
Jump to: