Pages:
Author

Topic: Address with Avalon bulk chip payments now tops $8 million... - page 6. (Read 18116 times)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Or ASICminer expanded their mining farm.
Without reporting it to the ASICMiner shareholders? I guess this is possible too.
If you will look at this list http://blockexplorer.com/q/nethash/2016 (difficulty history), you will find that on 5th of June there was difficulty increase for 3,452,220.98. That's new increase record, converted to terahashes - its equivalent to additional 25TH/s appeared in network.
And the previous increase record was two times less, only 1,848,179
Soo, I see only one explanation - most of Avalon 2nd batch ASICs are delivered

No there's another explanation. Avalon is mining with people's rigs instead of delivering them.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
If you will look at this list http://blockexplorer.com/q/nethash/2016 (difficulty history), you will find that on 5th of June there was difficulty increase for 3,452,220.98. That's new increase record, converted to terahashes - its equivalent to additional 25TH/s appeared in network.
And the previous increase record was two times less, only 1,848,179
Soo, I see only one explanation - most of Avalon 2nd batch ASICs are delivered
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Hrmph. Was about to pull the trigger on 288 chips and 18 K16's.

Guess I should wait for a bit after reading this thread... Ugh.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
plenty of bfl troll ..
Activity: 213
I feel for anyone who has a serious amount of money tied up here. We are all real human beings with obligations, and in this case Avalon has a serious obligation to fulfill every single order they touched (including the poor Saps from Batch 1 who have STILL not received their orders). These types of sketchy "smuggle your ASIC through customs" dealings only further ingrain distrust in the community. Good for Avalon, that such meanderings are irrelevant when they hold all the coins.

Poor sap from Batch 1 checkin' in. 
Activity: 52
ASICMiner does not have to lower their prices when this kind of stuff is going down (and they're mining).
Oh wow I had no idea things were this bad at Avalon!
Activity: 40
Too bad Asicminer hasn't lowered their prices. Their shipping track record seems to be the best from what I can tell.
Activity: 249
Merit: 256
Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant
I called it when the took pre-orders by the 10ks.
Activity: 292
Yifu has telegraphed his thoughts loud and clear, which are basically that he could really care less about the emotions of a bunch of people with tens of thousands of dollars on the line in his venture. If you sent them money when they were starting out in hopes of riding their successes, well, you better get in line and realize you have no rights.

To some like myself, 100+ btc now represents a huge sum of money. Customers took on significant risk, no doubt about that. However, it is hard not to look at the carefully crafted Garzik-delivery-review followed by the Batch 2 release as the ultimate pump-and-dump by Avalon to funnel what, 60 thousand, 100 thousand bitcoins to their personal accounts? At which point they hold all the cards.

We agreed to their no bullshit Terms of Sale, but to be frank, the way they have conducted themselves given the amount of money on the line here is quite disturbing. I am not familiar with Eastern style of business, and really am trying to remain optimistic about the whole thing, but I can't help but feel that these two young men are sitting back sipping Martinis and have at this time said "Fuck it," taken on a few interns, and are letting the pieces fall as they may. No refunds, no questions, no communication.

I feel for anyone who has a serious amount of money tied up here. We are all real human beings with obligations, and in this case Avalon has a serious obligation to fulfill every single order they touched (including the poor Saps from Batch 1 who have STILL not received their orders). These types of sketchy "smuggle your ASIC through customs" dealings only further ingrain distrust in the community. Good for Avalon, that such meanderings are irrelevant when they hold all the coins.
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
Maybe they lost the key Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
About 3 weeks ago, Avalon was rumored to have sold roughly 20,000 BTC. It moved the market significantly and set off riots in #bitcoin-analysis until someone figured out it was Avalon selling. The evidence was circumstantial, but it would explain why there are no samples yet. I don't think 3 weeks is not enough time to turn around.

$8 Million, woof.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I've received my batch #2 order finally, I was considering it was a scam also, but I'm and mining and happy.

When did you order?
Activity: 238
I've received my batch #2 order finally, I was considering it was a scam also, but I'm and mining and happy.

That was your first post since March.  Would you mind updating everyone here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-i-got-my-asic-thread-batch-2-146451

They are keeping a tally of all orders received.  Might help with some of the hysteria going on...
mog
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
Anybody know how many asic devices are actually in the wild?
Activity: 491
Merit: 514
the latest update is from presentation that held place during foundation conference... it was third week of may, yifu said during next couple of weeks they're looking to setup new production line since the old one is only capable of delivering at the frame rate we have seen so far and that is roughly 10 per day including regular delays nye and mayday holidays ... which means do the math... new line should deploy 50 per day, yet no confirmation of the new facility....

both companies are capable of delivering only 10 units per day as it seems statistically so far, bfl with 5ghash and avalon with 65, and apparently neither one   lacks money, bfl is giving to charity and bitsyn still doesn't have to touch the 60k btcs... i wouldn't be surprised if that wallet with $8mil is their profit, on top of all production costs...
It doesn't appear that they've been able to ship even 10 units/day since they announced they started shipping batch #2 in April. If they were producing 50 units/week using the old SMT line (assuming they work 5 days a week) then over half of batch #2 would be shipped by now. The new SMT line which was supposed to be up and running by the end of April would be able to produce all of batch #2 in a little over 2 weeks so obviously something is not going according to the plan in their last official update.

In the video of him at the Bitcoin conference, Bitsyncom said something about not using online exchanges to cash out. That not all transactions happen on exchanges. He also said that they do it in batches, not all at once, as the orders come in. So, when the first order for 10,000 chips came in 7 weeks ago, this would mean that he only converted the money needed to order the chips from TSMC (or whoever is making the chips). Presumably, he could do that with BTC from a different source than the receiving address.
They haven't touched ANY of the coins on that address, regardless of how they plan to sell them. If they have already paid the foundry from another source then that implies most of this $8 million is profit since it can't cost that much to package and ship the chips. The sample chips are now officially late as they were supposed to ship by the end of last month so I would guess they aren't going to make their advertised 9-10 week lead time. Perhaps they plan to delay the shipment of bulk chips until batch #3 ships which would make sense but I would have guessed the sample chips would be out on time at least. Regardless, all of the people that invested in bulk chips really deserve an update. It looks like BigTimeCoin has already canceled his plans to bring his 10k chip order to market... Sad

I just ordered a Jupiter from KNC and I really hope they break this trend of keeping ASIC customers in the dark.
Activity: 434
The real Q is how to cash out 65K btc to pay for expenses. Even half of that is a lot to cash out. Look at the order book at Gox and you can see thats going to be difficult.
In the video of him at the Bitcoin conference, Bitsyncom said something about not using online exchanges to cash out. That not all transactions happen on exchanges. He also said that they do it in batches, not all at once, as the orders come in. So, when the first order for 10,000 chips came in 7 weeks ago, this would mean that he only converted the money needed to order the chips from TSMC (or whoever is making the chips). Presumably, he could do that with BTC from a different source than the receiving address.

Yes i saw that too. But i find it hard to believe he can move that much bitcoin in quantity without using the exchanges. There really just isn't that much demand unless hes giving a huge discount. And if so private message me Yifu i'd buy a crapton at a discount.
PeZ
Activity: 297
Avalon has zero customer service but people are throwing money at them because they have delivered a bunch of boxes? Very few people actually own an Avalon box yet the number of chip orders is ridiculously high. They are interested in making a new generation of chips, why would they want to make hundreds of thousands of chips on a process that they want to retire? It doesn't make sense.
Pages:
Jump to: