Pages:
Author

Topic: Advantages of altcoins ? - page 20. (Read 2566 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 02, 2018, 03:29:46 AM
My favorite by far and the one I think has most potential is Ambrosus. Altcoins are only valuable if they have an actual use case and the token economics make sense.

My favorite altcoin AMB is a utility token for a Swiss supply chain platform which is run by multi tiered decentralized master nodes and payouts for node operators are tied to the number of data "bundles" processed and stored each day.

So one of the ingenious things about AMB’s tokenomics is that while all the bundles are fixed at a USD price of $10 (to make adoption easier and consistent), the bundle price is actually paid in AMB based upon the current USD-AMB exchange rate. Therefore, even if you don’t have a node and are simply holding AMB, you are still holding the fuel for the entire AMB-NET. As the network grows, demand for the Nectar, which you hold, will also grow.

Another ingenious part of AMB’s network design is that every time a bundle is purchased, the network will automatically burn 5% of the AMB used to purchase the bundle. As mentioned above, as the network grows, demand for AMB will also grow as users will need it to purchase bundles. This growth in purchased bundles will subsequently increase the rate at which AMB is burned. So the more the network grows, the faster the burn rate is for AMB which will create scarcity. So you have this dichotomy where as the network grows not only will demand for AMB rapidly increase but at the same time, the supply of AMB will rapidly decrease due to more burning. As you’d learn in a basic econ class, an increased demand OR a decreased supply will lead to a price increase. But having both an increased demand AND a decreased supply happening simultanesouly can really cause a snowball into huge growth.

Check out this article for an idea of expected mater node returns:

https://medium.com/@snipecharts/ambrosus-expected-masternode-roi-dd98810683e
copper member
Activity: 126
July 02, 2018, 03:14:27 AM
What advantages do altcoins have that differs it from bitcoin ?

[ANN][EXCHANGE] RUBY, WHITELIST FOR V.I.P STATUS

You can get a lot of benefits, when you participate in new altcoin whitelist programs!

If you sign up, you will be given a referral code, and you could earn a part of your recommendees' transaction fees!

To learn more about Ruby Exchange, visit our official channels from below!

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
July 02, 2018, 02:50:34 AM
many people invest in altcoin and make a profit because at this time I think it's time to hold altcoin and wait for altcoin prices back and can sell it when altcoin prices go up, so many people are investing in Altcoin because of the many benefits
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
July 01, 2018, 07:58:42 PM
I think altcoin comes after bitcoin so it has better characteristics. The velocity of a block of altcoin is faster than bitcoin. The total number of altcoin circulating in the electronics market is huge compared to bitcoin. The handling features, transactions of altcoin are faster than bitcoin.
July 01, 2018, 06:53:58 PM
I think altcoins are volatile so it can also give us money if we are trading it on a daily basis.
We have a lot of option and the market is wide, also they have real purpose in life so just like bitcoin we can consider it as a long term investment,Good investment, there are some altcoins that is really good for long term invesment such ethereum and many else. Also agreed with you about transaction fees. If you compare it the fees on altcoins with bitcoins, the different is really big. Using altcoins for payment is really good and the fees is really low
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
July 01, 2018, 06:25:25 PM
BTC is gonna stay for number one coin for a long time.
As it comes for alt, they can solve problems which BTC could not handle. ETH with its “smart contracts” is a good example.
Hopefully to see some promising coins to raise and beat BTC and its problems.
Activity: 309
July 01, 2018, 06:21:47 PM
Since altcoins are tied to Bitcoin whatever moves they make is dependent on btc. So i hodl btc to increase my btc.
Activity: 86
July 01, 2018, 06:14:22 PM
It depends a lot on the specific Altcoin. Some can give very fast profit.

Bitcoin is the first ever cryptocurrency that introduced new method of cash system. It is like a gold - more stable, but have less volatility
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Chikuntv
July 01, 2018, 04:04:58 PM
Altcoins are able to pump 100x+ in USD value in a short-term (and BTC is probably not). This is the main one
Activity: 66
July 01, 2018, 04:03:31 PM
The most important advantage of altcoins is that altcoins are much cheaper than bitcoin. Also if the altcoin really has the potential then it will grow in the future. So it is sometimes better to invest to altcoin. We can even make millions with Altcoin investment because we buy them cheap and if ever it has potential to grow then that is the time for a good harvest of profit.
Activity: 28
June 24, 2018, 03:00:58 PM
Main advantages:
1)Blockchain
2)Maybe new hype coin ?
3)Anonymity
4)New opportunities
If you wanna find project with 4 this advantages check Socratus Wink
Activity: 227
June 24, 2018, 02:57:19 PM

Some altcoins are just getting started, There are so many promising altcoins which cost less than a dollar which means you can go scoop a lot of them and hodl for years which will give you a good profit. Some altcoins are just waiting for their main product/program/system to be launched and the pump of its price will soon follow. The main difference is the price.
Activity: 96
June 24, 2018, 02:55:11 PM
It depends on the alt coin, since most are trash, bad idea. But there are those that bring something new and innovative. For example Sia coin I believe is the name, is similar to Dropbox, and you can use your hard drive to mine. Win win for the user and the host.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
June 24, 2018, 02:52:20 PM

I think the advantage of altcoins was most of it are in cheap value, then once it get pump there is big chances that the holder of the coins can probably earn more than 3x or more of it. Unlike Bitcoin was too expensive to have  it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 117
June 24, 2018, 01:54:24 PM
Bitcoin doesn't have any backing project or any significant utility to back its price in long run. but many altcoins do have backing projects and use case which can give them intrinsic value and can support their price in long run. Use cases maintain the demand aspect of the cryptocurrencies. Since, most of the altcoins have capped supply, such ustility coins can survive in long run.
But i know they will have SMart contracts in the future RSK smartcontracts i read a full article but i don't know whose the real developer of bitcoin and why is it very important. Altcoins has their own smart contracts and utility tokens some coins are securities and the have different aspect.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
June 24, 2018, 01:44:12 PM
Bitcoin doesn't have any backing project or any significant utility to back its price in long run. but many altcoins do have backing projects and use case which can give them intrinsic value and can support their price in long run. Use cases maintain the demand aspect of the cryptocurrencies. Since, most of the altcoins have capped supply, such ustility coins can survive in long run.
Activity: 51
June 24, 2018, 01:42:18 PM
There are plenty of advantages and disadvantages. well, firstly altcoins have team of developers elaborating better ways to speed transactions with lower fees, just compare BTC and ETH, ethereum is far faster and you don't have to pay too much to transfer money and moreso, altcoin have the tendency to give you a better profit as an investor as well than investing into bitcoin
Activity: 854
Merit: 116
June 24, 2018, 01:40:30 PM
In general, I do not really think that the altcoins  are better than Bitcoin in terms of advantages and characteristics, and the opposite is true. the profit in Bitcoin is guaranteed   and all the market is depends to the king ( bitcoin ), and the majority of altcoins are related to Bitcoin in every development, for example when there is a  big pump in bitcoin, then most of cryptocurrencies will rise too due to they are the followers.

On the other hand, it is certain that there are many profitable cryptocurrencies especially who exist on the top ranks (Top 20) on the market (like, Ethereum, Ripple, Cardano, Tron and more) but Bitcoin is always better than them in many characteristics (Value of market cap, price, volume, and even the users).
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
June 24, 2018, 01:25:47 PM
Although bitcoin is still leading the market a lot of altcoins are now coming in shoulder to shoulder with bitcoin.
But if you follow crypto news trends, you will understand how altcoin is now surpassing the likes of bitcoin.
A lot of fantastic altcoin like Monero, Dash, Ripple has emerged that has many advantages over bitcoin.
We all know bitcoin has a transaction time of over ten minutes on average.
And this can take several hours in cases thanks to its very low block size.
Altcoins like Dash and Ripple have successfully overcome this problem and has a clear advantage over bitcoin at this point.
Mining of bitcoin is much expensive and difficult requires data center for it while altcoin like ripple can be mined using a mobile phone.
Altcoins have the benefit of experience. Bitcoin was the first and therefore issues that have arisen, such as ASICs, weren’t thought of.
Altcoins, on the other hand, can see where Bitcoin is going wrong and change their coin to prevent that from happening.
June 24, 2018, 01:25:30 PM
Advantages is that they are less popular and at the beginning they can cost cheap.
But with more time, you can get your fortune.
You can get rich with alternative cryptocurrencies, not bitcoin.
TO get rich by bitcoin you had to invest at least one year ago.
So think about that!
Pages:
Jump to: