Pages:
Author

Topic: After a Bad Sell - page 29. (Read 3788 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 251
April 26, 2018, 03:56:36 AM
I also have this kind of experience, it hurts and full of regret. But, it makes me aware that I must make better strategy in it.
After waiting so long and only get the small profits will depend on our strategy. Here, I only try not to hurry up selling my coins. If I feel that the coin has raised about 30% or more, I will sell it, but not all. I prefer to sell my altcoin partially because I will still believe that the coin will rise again for some days or weeks.
Whatever you decide, just try not to regret and start to invest in another coin that will make you more profits.
Activity: 286
Merit: 3
April 26, 2018, 02:59:51 AM
So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?
I know that feel, at least we still get profit even though small because many also loss, I have tips that is when the price go up do not rush to sell but see if the rising trend will continue or not, I am sure by seeing the market you can know.
Every trader makes such mistakes but every trader has the opportunity to recover the loss too. However, only few don’t give up.It is also what I call the way to work for a crypto trader. He must look at the value of his coin twice or thrice in a day to judge what phase the coin is going through. If it shows the tendency to gain value for 2 or 3 days continuously, this is the best time to buy the coin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
April 26, 2018, 01:47:18 AM
What I can suggest you avoid this situation is to sell partial quantity and keep some then you can get a chance to sell at higher if prices go again high.

Also, if you have made already enough profit from your investment then we shouldn't worry about these things because we can't always time the market. Now you need to find other good coins to invest and make more profit.
Well, you’re right in some ways. If he’s made enough profit, then there is no reason for him to invest back into it. All he has to do is just to wait and have patience till another time. But if he insists that he needs to gain extra profit, then there is nothing wrong with making another investment. Even if you invest back now it’s never late. We all believe that the price still has a long way to go from, maybe $20k to $30k.
Activity: 294
Merit: 36
April 25, 2018, 05:30:09 PM
So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

Well, I think if it happens week after week. You should first step back and see what's going wrong, and why are you always being baited to go after these sales that would turn out to be bad in the end. Having a fresh eye would always give you a wider field of vision and acceptance as to why things went wrong, sometimes, when you're in the heat of the moment, people would tend to be blinded and blind-sided by things that could actually cause them a loss, but since their aggressive nature is kicking in, they fail to see, which they normally do, if only they are in a more calm and collected state.
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
April 25, 2018, 04:52:12 PM

..i dont want the fomo to get in to me and buy a position higher than my selling price..im setting a buy order lower than my selling price,then focus on the other coins that i have..itll help me not to think about the "big profits" that i have missed..
Activity: 2968
Merit: 687
April 25, 2018, 04:36:57 PM
yes indeed it is not easy to overcome the panic when prices fall especially for the beginner but everyone can make a mistake but we should make it as a lesson to be carefully and more patience, so as not to repeat the same mistake because experience is the best teacher.
Once we do experience a particular mistake we would eventually learn after that and we do already have idea on next move we would take in short we do already have the experience on such situation therefore we are already fully aware on next action if we encounter again such scenarios.Market is very unpredictable that's why its normal for us to commit errors yet theres no perfect trader after all no matter how good you are you will surely face loses.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Swipe!
April 25, 2018, 04:33:59 PM
When market grow it's the most difficult time to sell at the right point because any time the correction may come. Patience is everything here.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
April 25, 2018, 04:16:15 PM

That is the reason why holding is always suggested in trading. Bitcoin is volatile and it is normal to have it's value changing because it is a part of it's changes. What we need to do is to learn to cope up with these changes. Losses are normal here so if you really want to have a better profit, better wait for the perfect timing.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
April 25, 2018, 03:39:43 PM
yes indeed it is not easy to overcome the panic when prices fall especially for the beginner but everyone can make a mistake but we should make it as a lesson to be carefully and more patience, so as not to repeat the same mistake because experience is the best teacher.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
April 25, 2018, 02:08:23 PM

I feel you mate, I was like that as well, I remember selling bitcoin before December last year ending up feeling depress seeing the value rise to high,
time will tell if how long you will deal with such wrong decisions, but it will also gives you enough courage to hold and patiently wait instead of selling
with small gains, that mistake will give you a good insight of building good strategy if you are determine not to fall with the same mistake again, allow
yourself to cope up and come back with much better goals.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 25, 2018, 01:58:44 PM

I've had a situation like that, Maybe it's because I'm not an expert in trading and lack of knowledge in predicting the market.
Make it all as a very valuable experience, hopefully in the future you will benefit greatly.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
April 25, 2018, 10:57:10 AM
That's life, you can't expect that everything will happen as you want it to be. The best thing you could do is to move on with that bad sell. I can't say learn from that mistake because honestly, we will never know when will be a good or bad time to sell, we just hope that luck will be on our side. I've also experienced a bad sell and it is really hard at first because you always think of the coin like "what if I held a little longer". Anyways, in time you will forget about those regrets pal.
Activity: 476
April 25, 2018, 10:31:04 AM

Every after a bad sell of course youbwill have a bad vibes but you must never let that bad vibes drive you away from what is your strategy. If you cannot handle the loss them have a break because if you trade with that kind of feeling you will end up losing. But if you.manage to get up that fast forget that and think what went wrong why did.you lose in that trade and them learn from that mistakes and never do it again and you will built a startegy from that loss you have there
Activity: 444
April 25, 2018, 09:50:24 AM
How do you deal with this?
You'll regret a bit, that's natural. Just look on the brighter side and be satisfied since you're not at a loss. You sold it for a small profit, what's good with that is you still got profit. Smiley

Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?
Diverse the sell order next time. That way, when you sold some, you can buy again when the price got lower and you still have pending sell orders when the price goes up more.

You know what, you'll feel the same if the situation goes the other way round. When you did not sell at that price then it suddenly goes down again. The price when you sold might not be best, but it's still good. It's always a good thing when you got profit (regardless if it's big or small) imo. So don't really consider it a bad sell.
One should not sell his holdings when the price is on the way down. It is your money and don’t be panic about your holdings. By holding your bitcoin it is not become less, and with the passage of time the price will increase as it is in these days. You will definitely make more money if you hold your bitcoins for some more time. Patience needed for this.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
April 25, 2018, 07:57:29 AM
I think that's been a very common move, after the price fell and collapsed very deeply it's definitely the price will do a bounce upwards and it could be instantly "to the moon" and become very expensive, as did bitcoin when last year.
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
April 25, 2018, 07:57:04 AM
you should be careful in trading because this not only requires skill but also good luck, find altcoin is really good and you like and try to trade there
Let's say that you become very careful the time that your doing your trading but it happened that it's not your lucky day and you'd still get lose, it only means that in anything we do we should still have faith and courage and believe that everyday is our lucky day. Yes it's true that in a perfect trading skills and knowledge are not only the necessary action but luck too.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
April 25, 2018, 07:34:31 AM

So what should I tell you? Eehm, I just think you should invest that money back in there, that’s the only thing you can do. Invest it back and wait for it to go more high.

Don’t put in extra money on the one you’ve got, just invest back the exact amount of money you’ve withdrawn, no matter the current rate and then you will be able to make profit as the price rate continues to go up. That’s the best thin you can do right now.
Activity: 151
Merit: 2
April 25, 2018, 07:01:20 AM

Not being clairvoyant here, although with all seriousness,  I would suggest, from you two past sad experiences, that you don't sell each time you have the urge to sell. It should serve as a warning sign to you.
It means that you have no patience to hold your bitcoin for some time. One of my friends also loses about 100000k in selling and buying. The reason is that he sold for less and buys for more. When the price was 20k he didn’t sell his bitcoin but when the price came down to 6k he sold his holdings. He lost about 14k against one bitcoin. You should sell your bitcoin only when you need the money.
Activity: 602
Merit: 103
April 25, 2018, 04:57:46 AM

All of this could be analized on Technical Analysis by reading the current situation of such coin. Golem and BCH is on Tradingview so TA won't be a problem, maybe you just sold it earlier than it is supposed to be but the thing is when you already got profits and locked it then I think this is not a bad trade.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
April 25, 2018, 04:45:19 AM

Well, it already happened, just take it as a learning experience, thats the reality here its not your time yet,not only you who encountered that situation but almost who are getting in crypto,observe your trading strategy being used and be wise, not only good and better strategy but make sure you are using your best strategy in trading.
Pages:
Jump to: