Pages:
Author

Topic: Age of Rust: An RPG Adventure Game, unlock up to 20BTC in final version - page 4. (Read 12805 times)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500
Are you planning to incorporate only BTC or possibly one or more other cryptos as well?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
I'm in love with the game already! This thing is addictive!I knew it since day 1,this project has potential.I don't care if I ever solve even a single puzzle but the whole command line gameplay seems very fascinating to me !Well programmed!
Add more tutorials and stuff as without your commands on the chat,I'd have never figured out how it works.

Thank you Patatas, I've seen you around in the forums, glad to have you play! Adding the help and a faq asap to help new players. This is just a very small sample of what's to come, so it's ambitious but also a passion project for me. Thanks again for the kind words  Cheesy
legendary
SpacePirate.io
What game engine used for development this game ?

It's a custom engine, all the MUD/RPG engines I had looked at didn't provide the retro mid-80's SSI look and feel that I was going for. The game rules are based on the Palladium system of play (HP and Armor ratings, 20 is a critical hit, etc). It's however modified so that dice rolls are provably fair.  Graphics are done in Daz 3D, sounds (in future builds), and storyline are all custom to the game. Bitcoin integration is custom and uses a combination of offline wallets and an online full node, shapeshift.io (to use altcoins) uses the shifty API and is custom integrated as well.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1021
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker [F.N.]
What game engine used for development this game ?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
I'm in love with the game already! This thing is addictive!I knew it since day 1,this project has potential.I don't care if I ever solve even a single puzzle but the whole command line gameplay seems very fascinating to me !Well programmed!
Add more tutorials and stuff as without your commands on the chat,I'd have never figured out how it works.
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006
Well i dont know about others, but i reached the stage where you have to input 2 override codes on the airlock console using /use console (code). I had 2 codes 1- and 2- but they didn't work. i tried in like so many different ways.

I reached this point in like 1-2 hours into the game but just cudn't proceed further.

You're on the right track, you're very close to solving the first puzzle in the prologue. I think you're the one player that the furthest along to solving it.  Shocked

Haha. Cool atleast i am on the right track.. i will find a way to crack this !!  Grin
legendary
SpacePirate.io
Well i dont know about others, but i reached the stage where you have to input 2 override codes on the airlock console using /use console (code). I had 2 codes 1- and 2- but they didn't work. i tried in like so many different ways.

I reached this point in like 1-2 hours into the game but just cudn't proceed further.

You're on the right track, you're very close to solving the first puzzle in the prologue. I think you're the one player that the furthest along to solving it.  Shocked
legendary
Proof of puzzle solution:

There are 5 codes that are in the alpha test of the game used to unlock the reward. The prologue has a mini puzzle where you get clues in the game and unlock the 5 codes. Once you have all the codes, you have the capability to access the reward in the game. How you use the codes is a bit of a puzzle as well.

Funds: https://blockchain.info/address/1AN4pDgC9YoLDdYwtmtuSk9hiW6K6cKj8J

To verify:
Visit https://www.browserling.com/tools/sha256-hash
Input all 5 codes from the game.
Click Calaculate Hash.
Result is: 2fdafbc507b935ced50d862bf543f276fbbb84cb1ba43c8e7eea2e27a2479b5f

legendary
SpacePirate.io
Proof of puzzle solution:

There are 5 codes that are in the alpha test of the game used to unlock the reward. The prologue has a mini puzzle where you get clues in the game and unlock the 5 codes. Once you have all the codes, you have the capability to access the reward in the game. How you use the codes is a bit of a puzzle as well.

Funds: https://blockchain.info/address/1AN4pDgC9YoLDdYwtmtuSk9hiW6K6cKj8J

To verify:
Visit https://www.browserling.com/tools/sha256-hash
Input all 5 codes from the game.
Click Calaculate Hash.
Result is: 2fdafbc507b935ced50d862bf543f276fbbb84cb1ba43c8e7eea2e27a2479b5f

The order of the 5 codes to generate the proof hash is as follows: (only the last 4 digits revealed as to not ruin the game)
2a36
efb7
ed6b
legendary
SpacePirate.io
I was just wondering on what platform this will run? Computer or Android devices? My sisters kids are very interested in playing games where they

can earn Bitcoin and was hoping I could introduce them to some game on their mobile phone, where they can have fun and earn Bitcoin at the

same time. How is this project coming along... any updates?

The game runs online at this point through a browser, I don't think I could make a stand alone version of easily anytime soon. I've thought about a small mini-game that would tie into it that would run on iOS and Android, but that's a bit of a pipe dream at this point. It might make an interesting stretch goal for the crowdfunding though Smiley

Project status:
- The game is about 60%, you can see timeline here that shows completed and pending: https://spacepirate.io/images/services/timeline.png
- I expect that the full game will launch right around the end of July 2017 with all the advertised functionality.
- A kickstarter for the game will start the week of April 10th, 65% of the funds will go to create wiring, artwork, sounds/voiceovers. You can see a "preview" of the kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrisloverme/862671735?token=bbc9c77f
- Yesterday the alpha test launched, which has a limited set of functionality, but begins to tell the story of the game. There's also a "long puzzle" that takes about 30-40 hours to solve and has a 0.1 bitcoin reward.
legendary
SpacePirate.io
Not sure how I hadn't noticed this thread before but definitely going to keep tabs on it now!  I'd be happy to help with story / quest development if you ever need a hand with that.

In terms of the artwork (I'm going only by the pics you posted), I'm not sure but are you creating the high-res image first and then just reducing the resolution and posterising the colours down?  If so why not have both (since creation of the retro look graphics will not take you long at all), and allow the player to switch between them?  (Obviously if you're creating the low-res graphics from scratch this is null!)

Thanks, I do need some people to create missions for the game later on. I'll PM you the style guide that I'm using with another quest developer as well for interesting side missions  Cool

As far as low res/high res graphics are concerned and letting the player choose, it's an interesting idea. I'm not so far into it as to go one way or the other, but some of the clues for solving the puzzles are in the images, so it may impact game play. More people seem to like the retro-style 80's graphics in the game. It's interesting, because I was showing the game to someone who is a game dev for a large company and they were like "oh wow, I remember that game!" even though it has never been released until now, because I just created it.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
I was just wondering on what platform this will run? Computer or Android devices? My sisters kids are very interested in playing games where they

can earn Bitcoin and was hoping I could introduce them to some game on their mobile phone, where they can have fun and earn Bitcoin at the

same time. How is this project coming along... any updates?
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
Not sure how I hadn't noticed this thread before but definitely going to keep tabs on it now!  I'd be happy to help with story / quest development if you ever need a hand with that.

In terms of the artwork (I'm going only by the pics you posted), I'm not sure but are you creating the high-res image first and then just reducing the resolution and posterising the colours down?  If so why not have both (since creation of the retro look graphics will not take you long at all), and allow the player to switch between them?  (Obviously if you're creating the low-res graphics from scratch this is null!)
legendary
SpacePirate.io
I haven't said anything about the website itself - nice index btw. And the game reminds me of visual novels. Nice detailing.
The auto scroll though - when reading something, it scrolls down again. So I had to go up again and it goes down again.

Not sure though about the prologue. I can't find it - or is it the one in Tucana IV? Or maybe I haven't searched enough.

Thank you, much appreciated. The design and style is meant to reflect that early style of game play, similar to the SSI D&D games from the mid-80's. The scrolling is something that I'll be looking at re-working for the next major update. Also, you'll be able to cycle through previous entered commands via the up/down arrow keys as well.

Part of the intro is stored in the notepad, type /notepad and then click on the green icon next to it and you'll see it there. It will be easier to access the notepad in the next major update. The prologue itself is the story of the game, what's in the alpha release is only about 1/3 of the prologue. It's meant to be much longer, but I wanted to get something released since a lot of people were anxious Smiley
legendary
SpacePirate.io
Hi OP,

I was wondering, where did you get the ideas to create this amazing sci-fi game? Love the graphics and the story of the game Smiley

Can't wait for it to go live in near future...

Thank you, I'm deeply humbled by the positive feedback. The main storyline is something that I've been developing for a long time. When I worked for NASA I started to think about this story, the idea of a space faring civilization is something that I always found interesting; one that looks and feels "lived in". The game will reflect that, the future depicted in the game is of one where civilization is decline, things are rusting and breaking down. For time, I was going to write a novel, but the techie in me wanted to explore the narrative in a unique way, and that's what the game will be. 

Me too, there's a lot more to come in the game, this is but a grain of sand as to what is to come Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 272
I haven't said anything about the website itself - nice index btw. And the game reminds me of visual novels. Nice detailing.
The auto scroll though - when reading something, it scrolls down again. So I had to go up again and it goes down again.

Not sure though about the prologue. I can't find it - or is it the one in Tucana IV? Or maybe I haven't searched enough.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
Hi OP,

I was wondering, where did you get the ideas to create this amazing sci-fi game? Love the graphics and the story of the game Smiley

Can't wait for it to go live in near future...
legendary
Hi, so did anyone solve the puzzle yet?
I was so close already.
Going to college, and if anyone hasn't solved it yet... i will do it xD
legendary
SpacePirate.io
Tried it over the phone but phone is slow so nah. (Typed /look then there was money on the ground and my phone's browser crashed and the 0.5 btc was gone) Anyways, great game! Will try it using a laptop later.

Thanks, still working on enhancements, and got a lot of great feedback today on some of the bugs and issues. So another update will be coming soon.

Also, just to clarify to avoid any lost bitcoin panic:

- The bitcoins in the game are testnet bitcoins, so anything you find on the floor or get from killing another player are testnet coins.

- The 0.1 btc prize for solving the puzzle in the prologue are real btc.

Proof of prize will be posted shortly Cool

Edit:
Prize: https://blockchain.info/address/1AN4pDgC9YoLDdYwtmtuSk9hiW6K6cKj8J
Activity: 854
Merit: 272
Tried it over the phone but phone is slow so nah. (Typed /look then there was money on the ground and my phone's browser crashed and the 0.5 btc was gone) Anyways, great game! Will try it using a laptop later.
Pages:
Jump to: