Pages:
Author

Topic: Agriculture can save your country from recession - page 10. (Read 1086 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
Here is my tomato farm
~~~~
Step-By-Step Guide on how to start tomato farming
👉👉Land preparation: Select a suitable piece of land and clear it of all debris, rocks, and weeds. Then, plow, harrow, and level the land.[

Shows the land full of rock, construction debris, and plastic:

Activity: 532
Merit: 13
Though it is said not to despise the little beginning because you have started from a place and with this you can fend for your family. During the olden days, my country do a lot of commercialized farming which helped a lot with the GDP and GNP positively but in this present day some parts of the country have been left to do, which the food we are producing in the country is not enough to cater for us and we now do more import of foods that should have been cultivated in our land.
Activity: 588
Merit: 119
Epsiloan Protocol
In the recent world, investing in Agriculture may be a way to save oneself from poverty and also relieve ones country from recession. Countries like China, India, Brazil and Indonesia have used agriculture to improve their economy in recent time. Almost all aspect of agriculture is profitable if done in the right way but some may be more profitable than others. This also depends on ones interest and ones country unless one plan to export its products. My choice of agriculture is vegetable plantation. Here is my tomato farm

Although I'm starting small but I have a great dream to feed the nation with my agro business.

Here is little about tomato farming:

What Is A Tomato?
Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) is a fruit vegetable that is widely cultivated for its edible fruit. It belongs to the nightshade family (Solanaceae) and is native to South America but is now grown worldwide. Tomatoes are rich in vitamins and minerals and are commonly used in a wide range of dishes, including salads, sauces, and soups. They can be consumed both raw and cooked, and come in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes, including cherry tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, and beefsteak tomatoes.

Benefits of Tomato Farming
👉👉Economic opportunities: Tomato farming creates economic opportunities for farmers, traders and other players in the value chain, contributing to income generation and poverty reduction.

👉👉Nutritional value: Tomatoes are rich in vitamins and minerals, which are essential for a healthy diet.

👉👉Health benefits: Tomatoes contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which have been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.

👉👉Job creation: Tomato farming creates job opportunities for farm laborers, processors, marketers, and other stakeholders in the value chain.

👉👉Export potential: Tomato can be export to other countries and beyond, contributing to foreign exchange earnings.

👉👉Diversification: Tomato farming can be integrated into other cropping systems, providing farmers with options for diversification and risk management.

👉👉Community development: Tomato farming can contribute to community development by promoting social cohesion, employment, and local economic development.

Step-By-Step Guide on how to start tomato farming
👉👉Land preparation: Select a suitable piece of land and clear it of all debris, rocks, and weeds. Then, plow, harrow, and level the land.

👉👉Seed selection: Choose the right variety of tomato seeds suitable for your local climate and soil type. Buy high-quality seeds from reputable sources.

👉👉Seedbed preparation: Prepare the seedbed by mixing soil with organic matter like compost, manure, or peat moss to improve soil quality.

👉👉Planting: Plant the tomato seeds in rows, following the recommended spacing and depth for the variety.

👉👉Irrigation: Water the plants regularly, especially during the dry season, to ensure proper growth and fruiting.

👉👉Fertilization: Apply fertilizer to the plants at regular intervals to provide essential nutrients.

👉👉Pest and disease control: Protect your crop from pests and diseases by using appropriate control methods such as crop rotation, biological control, and chemical control.

👉👉Weeding: Remove weeds around the tomato plants regularly to prevent competition for nutrients and space.
Pruning and staking: Train the tomato plants to grow upright by pruning and staking them.

👉👉Harvesting: Harvest the tomatoes when they are fully ripe, and sell them at the market or process them for export.

Reference: https://startuptipsdaily.com/tomato-farming-business-nigeria-africa/#:~:text=In%20Nigeria%2C%20tomato%20farming%20takes,season%20when%20irrigation%20is%20possible.

CONCLUSION
Apart from this tomato farming, I still run a poultry and a piggery farm as part of my agro business. Agriculture is lucrative and comes with alot of opportunities for both youths and adults. Invest in one or more Agro business today and save the world from hunger as well as to rescue your country from recession.
Pages:
Jump to: