Pages:
Author

Topic: Airdrops Confusion - page 2. (Read 1239 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 500
June 10, 2021, 11:47:44 AM
Last airdrop got from coinmarketcap side where participants get more than 50$ but random or 1000 participant got reward than joined more than 20k participant, I am lucky how ever joined on early or my wallet was lucky because got this coin. Maybe now many random airdrop where not all participants can get airdrop coin but I will join during free.
Activity: 902
Merit: 112
June 10, 2021, 11:33:29 AM
It is a bounty campaign for me,

We all know that airdrops are sending their tokens for free so everyone will be aware of that new cryptocurrency. But these people who are running airdrops are just taking advantage of the people, requiring tasks like to become part of their social media or what.
yes, airdrop as like bounty campaign because task is little bit similar
btw you can complete in a few minutes that is why it's so easy process
so it's not free tokens, you have to do tweet,like,share etc.

Activity: 1177
Merit: 500
June 10, 2021, 11:16:07 AM
This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

But I got some confusion here when the "airdrop" term used.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?
Since you did some task or work to get those coins.
I'm also confused as to why it's like this now. Think of it as a gift, but it's a shame that there are so many scams now under the guise of an airdrop. It's clear that the airdrop will get us free coins after doing various series of following, retweeting, etc. But many now are lure - the lure of getting a big return by having to invest first. So analyzing an airdrop is important.. for me if I get a free reward for what we do, it's an airdrop
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
June 10, 2021, 10:44:12 AM
it's just this simple. Airdrop is giving out free coins to people who fill out a form and follow a few rules given. The party who distributes the free coins, of course, wants other parties to know the most important information about the tokens given, of course in this case Social Media. if the bounty we have to do daily work for a few weeks.
That's more or less true when talking about the difference between an airdrop and a bounty campaign,
and indeed sometimes there are some airdrops that give the free coins to limited participants and not everyone who fills out the form will get it
but if the project is not good it will also become a scam project,
yes, even though there are still many projects that pay for of course many airdrop hunters have already harvested,
don't be confused about airdrops, because the tasks given are also easy, for example follow twitter, retweet, and like, that's just one example
Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
June 10, 2021, 07:12:21 AM
it's just this simple. Airdrop is giving out free coins to people who fill out a form and follow a few rules given. The party who distributes the free coins, of course, wants other parties to know the most important information about the tokens given, of course in this case Social Media. if the bounty we have to do daily work for a few weeks.
That's more or less true when talking about the difference between an airdrop and a bounty campaign,
and indeed sometimes there are some airdrops that give the free coins to limited participants and not everyone who fills out the form will get it
Activity: 1386
Merit: 250
1XBit.com
June 10, 2021, 07:08:46 AM
Airdrop is one way for crypto project developers to introduce their project widely by sending a number of tokens to the recipient's wallet, the goal of developers holding an airdrop is to increase the number of their community, so that the project will be increasingly recognized by the crypto community, and of course the developer gives a few tasks for those who want to participate in the airdrop, such as following their official social media twitter, telegram and others, but there are also many fraudulent airdrops currently circulating and they usually ask participants to send a certain amount of money to a certain wallet address.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 269
June 10, 2021, 06:49:41 AM
This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?

I also think that 99% of the airdrops that are happening nowadays should not be called airdrops but, i don't know maybe "micro-bounties", as you have to join a telegram channel, follow on twitter, make a tweet give away data and so on. For real airdrops you only need to provide your address and that's it but you rarely see such airdrops anymore. It is also understandable because nowadays there are "professional" airdrop hunters out there that would create hundreds of adresses to participate in an airdrop and with the stricter requirements they can still participate multiple times but at least they have a harder time doing so.
Activity: 325
June 10, 2021, 06:45:53 AM
Activity: 882
Merit: 17
June 10, 2021, 06:16:22 AM
FIRST. 90% of most Airdrops we see these days are fake. the few authentic ones do not conduct sincere airdrop. they pick few address after registration and dump the rest into oblivion. guess what. they have grown their community. huge followers in twitter, massive telegram account and the rest. with that, they can plan their scam activities.
i think the rate at which people join airdrops will cause more scam project to raise.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
June 10, 2021, 06:11:04 AM
For me, i define airdrop as a free giveaways, you could be rewarded just by doing simple tasks. But the real confusion for me was whenever i got new tokens send to my wallet, i am confused which airdrop i have joined since the token seems unique or different from what i have join. I know there are bunch of airdrops now and many would be unpromising and can't give rewards in the long run, however there are also some that can give us good profit, just think of uniswap airdrop where many participants got huge rewards, lucky for them, by that many crypto enthusiast doesn't lose hope from joining airdrop campaigns.
Even if you look at current airdrop projects it seems pretty hard to find a viable one,
because i feel it myself and sometimes the token has no value,
but apart from that airdrops still provide benefits and we also need to try harder to find promising airdrop projects
Activity: 489
Merit: 16
www.cd3d.app
June 10, 2021, 05:54:26 AM
For me, i define airdrop as a free giveaways, you could be rewarded just by doing simple tasks. But the real confusion for me was whenever i got new tokens send to my wallet, i am confused which airdrop i have joined since the token seems unique or different from what i have join. I know there are bunch of airdrops now and many would be unpromising and can't give rewards in the long run, however there are also some that can give us good profit, just think of uniswap airdrop where many participants got huge rewards, lucky for them, by that many crypto enthusiast doesn't lose hope from joining airdrop campaigns.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 31, 2020, 10:31:23 AM
As far as I remember, back then you didn't have to do anything for airdrops. Like you would receive airdrops if you registered your receiving wallet address to the airdrop. Or you would receive it based on the amount of bitcoin you held during a specific period of time. In that case all you had to do is sign a message from your bitcoin wallet to claim.
Now a days, I have heard they make you register for airdrops by signing up with personal details. They even require people to submit ID and go through KYC so they don't abuse the drops or something like that. They make you follow their social media accounts and even promote their coins. So, i  guess its no longer the same "free" coins.
They aren't worth it at all. Who know what those scam projects do with your ID documents.
Activity: 910
October 31, 2020, 10:03:05 AM
Airdrops currently only attract many members to raise their rating to attract investors,

but for the coins given sometimes don't exist or are fake,
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
October 31, 2020, 09:41:40 AM

Airdrops these days are too different from the airdrops that we had before. Lots of airdrops these days are requiring us to do different tasks before they reward their participants. It's more likely to be bounties because of their requirements. Airdrops should be given free so they could attract more investors but most projects these days are also taking advantage of their participants through airdrop tasks. It's still for us to choose where to join but we better be wise and get rid of scam airdrops.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
October 31, 2020, 09:15:01 AM
Airdrops are free giveaway to the public to atleast have the taste of how the token works, it's another way to advertising too, it's suppose to be completely free, projects who ask people to make some deposit are scam projects, all they should ask is do some easy tasks to get qualified for the giveaways

Gifts that will impact mass promotions that people will be attracted to later and it is true that it doesn't take money to get that. The wrong way if the team asks to send a certain amount of money to get the results of the airdrop.
Without a doubt, it is a scam. Airdrop is a free token that is distributed free of charge and without conditions. Be careful and don't be easily tempted by extraordinary gifts.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
October 29, 2020, 04:53:28 AM
Airdrops are free giveaway to the public to atleast have the taste of how the token works, it's another way to advertising too, it's suppose to be completely free, projects who ask people to make some deposit are scam projects, all they should ask is do some easy tasks to get qualified for the giveaways
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
October 29, 2020, 03:38:30 AM

It is only here in Cryptocurrency that the term airdrop becomes very much different from it's true meaning I participated on one airdrops and they ask me to do at least 5 task and do  KYC I did not push through it's not an airdrop to it's true meaning at all, it's more like a bounty campaign.
I don't know how this airdrop bounty campaign started but it has become the normal way of doing airdrop, so every time I see airdrop in the title of the thread I'm 100% sure it's more of a bounty and I'm always right.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 105
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
October 29, 2020, 03:23:55 AM
I think maybe it should be treated like bounty, because almost all the airdrops filled in google forms and tele bots are the program's form of calling people to join the community. Overall it is the bounty we are working on every day and I am starting to feel confused from your post ...  Tongue
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 29, 2020, 02:30:25 AM
Guys I found dabbyfinance. You should explore this project because it is ver quilty.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215
October 28, 2020, 10:15:38 AM
A lot of airdrop spreading these days, actually they called it airdrop just to attract more joiners to their project. There are many tasks to follow just to received their token like you will follow them in their FB page, twitter account, medium page, subscribe to their YouTube channel and must join in their telegram group. A lot of tasks yet it might end up scam.

I don't have any problem to complete some tasks when applying for some airdrop. The biggest problem is that some scammers are inviting people to register for an airdrop and then when the time comes to send tokens, they require some payment to be made to "compensate for transaction cost". But I have solution for those - I report them and they quickly get marked as spam or scam.

As for the real airdrops, people often expect too much from airdrops. You can't expect to get the same value as people got from UNI. Few bucks and that's it.
Pages:
Jump to: