Pages:
Author

Topic: Airdrops Confusion - page 3. (Read 1239 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 250
October 28, 2020, 10:08:56 AM
yes airdrop is currently very much and they make the work to the hunter airdrop very easily this way is easy and free, but few are actually selling value uniswap be a listing of coin-coin airdrop lately many are scam not pay and the coin does not have a sale value.
Activity: 1246
October 28, 2020, 09:34:44 AM
A lot of airdrop spreading these days, actually they called it airdrop just to attract more joiners to their project. There are many tasks to follow just to received their token like you will follow them in their FB page, twitter account, medium page, subscribe to their YouTube channel and must join in their telegram group. A lot of tasks yet it might end up scam.
Yes, quite a lot of new projects have Airdrop programs to strengthen their community through a few tasks assigned to participants such as following Twitter and joining telegram.  but some of the Airdrops I participated in ended up being a scam because they had no value when listed on the exchange.
Activity: 714
October 28, 2020, 09:08:21 AM
A lot of airdrop spreading these days, actually they called it airdrop just to attract more joiners to their project. There are many tasks to follow just to received their token like you will follow them in their FB page, twitter account, medium page, subscribe to their YouTube channel and must join in their telegram group. A lot of tasks yet it might end up scam.
Activity: 555
Merit: 271
October 28, 2020, 08:56:37 AM
Its Bounty dude, Airdrop is difference with bounty. Airdrop need to do task too, but there are only follow or share in social media. Bounty need do task, but there is long time (2-12 week )/ depending of the bounty itself.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
October 28, 2020, 04:38:11 AM
I think they change the way of giving airdrop in which what we mostly knew is giving free token without doing or even investing anything into for you to get a free or a percentage of free token you need to give out by investing some fund. I think it is a new marketing strategy that project developers are now doing to earn and gain as well.

They used the word to encourage people to participate by doing small things instead of distributing it without any works, it's been change and many people already forget about the true meaning of the word itself.

It should be free for all without any task just maybe your receiving wallet to get the free tokens for you.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
October 28, 2020, 04:18:39 AM
I think they change the way of giving airdrop in which what we mostly knew is giving free token without doing or even investing anything into for you to get a free or a percentage of free token you need to give out by investing some fund. I think it is a new marketing strategy that project developers are now doing to earn and gain as well.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
October 28, 2020, 04:12:47 AM
same when i was a newb but i have a different approach , when i search the word airdrop it gives me different results on google ( not the typical crypto airdrop ) . moving on , airdrops are not really meant to be taskless if that was your concern because i never see one that you will only hand out your wallet address and they will just send the coins  without doing any extra  work . filling out the form by supplying the wallet address is still a task but how can they send the coins if you dont do this ?  those that are ask for investment are not airdrops but they can be scam or already called as an investment .
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
October 28, 2020, 04:07:25 AM
Airdrops don't cost a thing, joining social media accounts that won't take you less than few seconds isn't work, it's something we do almost everyday when we are on Twitter and Facebook, on airdrop side you are getting paid for it, don't take things too serious when it comes to Airdrops because even if you don't get paid you lose nothing but 10 second of your time
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
October 28, 2020, 04:01:06 AM
This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

But I got some confusion here when the "airdrop" term used.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?
Since you did some task or work to get those coins.

Some project just misinterpret that word or they just deliberately use it to confuse gullible users to fall for their airdrop shenanigans, instead of doing the usual airdrop which we all know, some will request you follow their social media, do some certain task fill form and post link as evidence of task being done before you are qualify for the airdrop Grin  tell me how is it still an airdrop when you have done certain task already!
Activity: 1204
Merit: 11
October 28, 2020, 03:10:41 AM
Yes the procedure to participate in airdrops is something similar like participating in bounties you have to do some task to be get rewarded anyway these days mostly project owners are very clever they understand that if they add some task in their airdrop like asking to follow their social media channels and sharing posts so it will be more worthy for their project.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
October 27, 2020, 10:13:57 AM
Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?
We can consider it as a bounty campaign. Airdrop should be distributed to all of the participants as free without asking them any requirements and to do tasks. However, on these days they need to sign up or follow on their social media to become part of their community to become eligible of receiving the airdrop. On this kind of scenario, this is clearly a bounty campaign and not just an airdrop that they give for free.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 276
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 27, 2020, 07:49:18 AM
I think that kind is the typical airdrops nowadays, they are requiring some registration process or something with referral activities.
Airdrop should be the same with faucet or at least only need to join the telegram group or follow social medias.
My point is, airdrop should be created without bothersome requirements so everyone have fair chance to get free coins and tokens.

Yes, it becomes the common scenario nowadays compared to what airdrops that we have experienced before. Old airdrops are just really giving away their coins without asking the participants to do anything like sharing in social media or what. But right now, airdrop campaigns are taking advantage of the bounty hunters, requiring them to do a certain task in exchange of a valueless airdrop coin.
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
October 27, 2020, 07:21:42 AM
due to hype in defi trend in the crypto world now most of the airdrops are based on defi project, so now it is difficult to research whether this project is legit or fake. but 90% of airdrops are a scam in the market. better to research about the project before joining any airdrop.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
October 27, 2020, 04:53:26 AM
~
Its kinda confusing to differentiate what is the true meaning of airdrop and bounty campaign TBH because some airdrops required the things you do in bounty campaign.

I think the only difference between the 2 is that:
Airdrop = you register, you follow their social media pages then you will get tokens for free.
Bounty campaign = You register, you advertise their project in different social media then you will be rewarded for your work.

Maybe this isn't the real difference but that is what I know IMO.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
October 27, 2020, 04:47:57 AM
I think that kind is the typical airdrops nowadays, they are requiring some registration process or something with referral activities.
Airdrop should be the same with faucet or at least only need to join the telegram group or follow social medias.
My point is, airdrop should be created without bothersome requirements so everyone have fair chance to get free coins and tokens.

airdrop now, most of them give the task first to get the results because until now there are too many airdrop users so they have to be well chosen who have done their work will get an allocated airdrop, because if you share it without a task it will make too many participants.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
October 27, 2020, 04:28:06 AM
Activity: 1587
Merit: 271
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
October 26, 2020, 02:09:55 PM
This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

But I got some confusion here when the "airdrop" term used.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

It's true as you say. Usually Airdrops are obtained without doing anything.
Suppose an Airdrop from an exchange. If someone ever trades on the exchange, they will get free coins. Example of a UNI Airdrop. If someone has to do a job, it deserves to be called a bounty, giveaway, or something else.
Another example that deserves to be called an Airdrop is on a blockchain exchange, they give XLM to exchange users who have passed KYC.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
October 26, 2020, 01:14:38 PM
Are Airdrops still paying? YES they are but 99 percent of Airdrops won't worth your time, I Know it doesn't cost a thing to join Airdrops, you are only going to spend very few minutes on each Airdrop campaigns but why? For few pennies or a 1$ ? I'd rather take that chances with bounties instead.
That's right, if we look at the rewards given through the airdrop program, it is not really worth the time used by each participant especially if the gas costs at this time can sometimes be expensive suddenly, so joining the airdrop doesn't mean it's not good, it's just only the results are not commensurate.

But that's still free money. I remember my first Airdrop was not worth so much but its value blew up after a week. Its quite true that it might take your time but these opportunities are open and we must take them as we see them available. We also need to keep in mind that some airdrops are just phishing baits so we need to be aware on how to check legitimate Airdrops.
copper member
Activity: 389
Merit: 1
October 26, 2020, 01:11:20 PM
There's no perfect airdrop, nowadays because every airdrop requires you to do something, at least you need to fill the form and carry out some simple task like following their social media handles and joining the project telegram group. Airdrop are usually meant for the community and one needs to identify with the projects community Inorder to get the tokens.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
October 26, 2020, 12:11:50 PM
I think its just a misconception at this point because most drop bounty conditions for what the term “Airdrop “ which shouldn’t be so, airdrop is supposed to be an easy task to get free tokens and not do all the work they ask people to do this days... and Apart for the Term Airdrop, i dont think it makes sense to participate in the so called airdrop anymore because the token are mostly worthless and you cant even send them out of your wallet expect you had buck token before the airdrop
Pages:
Jump to: