Pages:
Author

Topic: Airdrops Confusion - page 8. (Read 1239 times)

copper member
Activity: 268
Merit: 7
Phreess - A Self-Appreciating Token
October 22, 2020, 01:36:23 AM
In the end, as long as the user doesn't have to pay and the user gets tokens for free, that's an airdrop for me.

Sure, if they do tasks or similar, then that's bounty.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
October 21, 2020, 11:54:03 PM
This has always been a confusion here in the forum since the beginning of referral campaigns (around 2018). Just look back in 2017 and you'll see that some projects prepared airdrop campaigns that actually give free coins/tokens without the need of work. Now, referral campaigns and some bounty campaigns are disguising themselves as "airdrops" even though it's not free as you have to actually work for it and you'll most likely waste your time.

If a project ask for you to do things besides asking for your wallets (not keys), then it's not airdrop. Airdrop is suppose to be free and people shouldn't work for it because giving free coins/tokens to people is actually an advertisement itself to the project.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 21, 2020, 10:20:18 PM
In my understanding airdrop and bounty campaigns were different. Airdrops are separately allocated funds for the purpose of spreading the cryptocurrency on different social media platforms. In simple to be part of airdrop participants are requested to spread about the particular token/project on Facebook, twitter and so on. This will be paid based on the proof the participant provides.
Activity: 742
Merit: 128
Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading
October 21, 2020, 10:09:33 PM
Its a task in exchange in tokens so its almost bounty. But If you only need to follow social media account then its the same as airdrop you will also follow it even they don't ask you because you have thier tokens so you need to know any latest news on the project.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
October 21, 2020, 09:31:20 PM
They are just using the word "AIRDROP" to make people believe that its a total free money but in reality, they are just using it to lure more people and to ask people to follow their social media accounts and sometimes ask for the personal details of the participants.

Airdrop should be a total free money, all you have to do is to input your wallet address and you'll get the reward, if they ask for something then that is a bounty work for me.
Activity: 728
Merit: 19
KUWA.ai
October 21, 2020, 09:19:26 PM
This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

But I got some confusion here when the "airdrop" term used.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?
Since you did some task or work to get those coins.

You can call it a giveaway with little work. Even in airdrop participants needs to do a certain task like join a group, like, follow and retweet or share. Actually, airdrop bounty all of these are some kind of giveaway but just their way is different. Some projects giving away other alts but no matter what both are money and can be exchanged. So the giveaway is the right terms.
Activity: 1366
Merit: 107
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 21, 2020, 09:15:31 PM
Should not be called airdrop because when there is a task to be done it is considered as a bounty. Maybe because the task are few and it will be done for a few minutes so they call it airdrop. But for me this is still a bounty, better term to use is a mini bounty than an airdrop.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
October 21, 2020, 08:07:20 PM
Basically they are giving away altcoins to the people who registered for it, probably the term airdrop is not really fit for this but bounty or airdrop there is no difference since we are receiving something which doesn't have any value yet on most of the occasions.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
October 21, 2020, 08:03:27 PM
This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?

it seems to me like a bounty since there is a limited spot for a certain coin people should fill-up the form, and once a certain number of people is reach, the form will be close, but I'm more curious where is all the information like of a member goes, for example, a fake airdrop or bounty disappears
is it deleted or given to someone?
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
October 21, 2020, 07:44:05 PM
I don't know since when that term appeared. But the point as an Airdrop / Bounty hunter is how to get coins / tokens for free and the risk is just a waste of time. the difference is, Airdrop only carries out one task and waits for distribution, while Bounty requires daily consistency with the rules or conditions until it's finished and waiting for distribution.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 315
www.Artemis.co
October 21, 2020, 07:31:20 PM
It is a bounty campaign for me,

We all know that airdrops are sending their tokens for free so everyone will be aware of that new cryptocurrency. But these people who are running airdrops are just taking advantage of the people, requiring tasks like to become part of their social media or what.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
October 21, 2020, 07:25:17 PM

Pages:
Jump to: