Pages:
Author

Topic: Algorithmically placed FPGA miner: 255MH/s/chip, supports all known boards - page 36. (Read 119429 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
...now THAT is interesting.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
I had similiar idea, payment with hashing power. But little bit different way. Discounts. You're byuing with 10% discount but 10% of hashing power comes to my account....
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
18.4 MH/J, so to compare to BFL Singles, which run 850 Mhash/sec at a stated 80 Watt (YMMV), that gives about 46 Watts for 850 Mhash/sec, or about half of what BFL Singles use.
I don't know if this is accurate, and if the PSU is taken into account in various cases, though.
legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
We don't want board developers rushing this process and doing a crappy job (which will just take longer to clean up) in the hurry to be the first one with a TML bitstream. Therefore, we will not start reviewing BDK submissions until 7-Jun-2012. Take your time, do this right.

He is using his wisdom as a prof. Tongue
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
@270mh/s!  Tricone Logic FTW!

Actually ~256.5, because he's taking 5% of everything, which is definitely a smart move. He will have every Spartan-6 board hashing for him at 13.5mh/s. That is awesome for him!

This is incredible! I like the pricing too!
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Wow, what a ingenious solution. It's a win-win solution for everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1162
DiabloMiner author

Actually ~256.5, because he's taking 5% of everything, which is definitely a smart move. He will have every Spartan-6 board hashing for him at 13.5mh/s. That is awesome for him!

Yeah, thats brilliant.

But 270mh/sec? I wonder what the amps on that is.

Plus, hes going to have to make an Artix 7 or whatever core as well.
legendary
What's a GPU?

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
So what is finally here? Apparently nothing...

His laughter Cheesy

I don't think that since BFL's ASIC announcement any of the FPGA guys is laughing anymore.
Case in point: Bitfury sounded outright, well, furious in his attacks against BFL...
Well ... Bitfury will have definite justification IF it is the same as last September when BFL said they had a 1.05GH/s 20W miner 4-6weeks delivery that didn't deliver until end of February and was 830MH/s 80W

BFL have NEVER met a single time deadline that they have given ... not once ... ever ... to anyone ... so I'd not be surprised if their latest didn't
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh

Exactly my thinking.

The message It is finally here! is displayed on the screen, but, except for a link to this thread, nothing else.
No image. No clickable link. No order page. No info page. Nothing.
It's because of javascript fail...

Read the source code - you will see that the time is supposed to be midnight PDT, but for some reason your browser isn't telling you that. Mine still shows 6 hours or so to go.

His laughter Cheesy

I don't think that since BFL's ASIC announcement any of the FPGA guys is laughing anymore.
Case in point: Bitfury sounded outright, well, furious in his attacks against BFL...
legendary
What's a GPU?

His laughter Cheesy

Exactly my thinking.

The message It is finally here! is displayed on the screen, but, except for a link to this thread, nothing else.
No image. No clickable link. No order page. No info page. Nothing.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
FPGA Mining LLC
Activity: 896
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
the enterpoint unit, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cairnsmore1-quad-xc6slx150-board-78239 , has four 12A regulators, are they enough?

A 12A regulator is enough power iff 265 MH/s is enough performance.

What does this mean for the power requirement from the PSU?

Feeding a quad board with 12V 4A seems to be alright for now, but if your bitstream is running on (and maxing out) 12A or 15A regulators this also changes the PSU and wiring requirement.

People with existing clusters may have to buy new or more PSUs and possibly have to do some rewiring, especially if they have been using splitters. I am trying to prevent all this so any info is appreciated!

Thanks!

I am selling PSUs modified to turn on and off with the switch in the back and not needing to be plugged into a motherboard, they are perfect to  run FPGAS, these will power up to 40 spartan6 lx150 chips for $30

http://www.btcfpga.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

are you guys refreshing the page everytime you want to check the time left?

It is necessary with Chrome and I'm guessing firefox and safari as well.

Yes!
Down to 1:54 now on my office computer.
Activity: 489
Merit: 500
Immersionist
the enterpoint unit, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cairnsmore1-quad-xc6slx150-board-78239 , has four 12A regulators, are they enough?

A 12A regulator is enough power iff 265 MH/s is enough performance.

What does this mean for the power requirement from the PSU?

Feeding a quad board with 12V 4A seems to be alright for now, but if your bitstream is running on (and maxing out) 12A or 15A regulators this also changes the PSU and wiring requirement.

People with existing clusters may have to buy new or more PSUs and possibly have to do some rewiring, especially if they have been using splitters. I am trying to prevent all this so any info is appreciated!

Thanks!
Activity: 896
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
are you guys refreshing the page everytime you want to check the time left?

It is necessary with Chrome and I'm guessing firefox and safari as well.

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
mines showing 9:28 to go... which placesit approximately on target for midnight pacific time.
My clock shows somewhat under 4 hours.
I'm guessing that on whatever platform you are using, the javascript doesn't have access to the time zone setting on your computer. Either that, or the time zone setting is wrong on your computer.

Same thing here.
It's a plain vanilla Windows 7 computer.
2:44 minutes to go.
Counter expiration at 5:06 p.m. PDT

Edit: My Android phone shows the very same thing. Time to go: 2:21 now.
Pages:
Jump to: