Pages:
Author

Topic: All about bounty payments and its effect to the project - page 15. (Read 2120 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
Well, each project has determined the allocation for the bounty project. I think it has been determined by a variety of considerations and risks that are ready for developers. Moreover, the allocation for bounty is very small, the effect is not too large unless the coin or token or the project is less attractive to the market so the price cannot develop.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 162
Actually, bounty hunters are just the same with investors they invest their time however there is so much bounty cheater right now, creating dummies to receive more reward they are the one dumping other hunter is forced to sell even in low price it's better than nothing. ico project needs to hire a good bounty manager to audit cheaters carefully, But as you noticed bounty allocation is very low like 1 or 2 % it doesn't affect the market if it has support from investors and the team.
Activity: 630
Merit: 101
I think that it is more profitable for the project to pay for advertising with its tokens. This does not require big expenses. If the coin has good liquidity, then bounty hunters will not be able to influence the price. I don't think bounty hunters are a problem for price.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
projects don't want to pay bounty hunters in ETH because this coin has a real value and their tokens are worth nothing.

of course that is because if the project team pays bounty hunters with Ethereum they also think in the future, if in the future the coins they make have no selling value and there is no interest of investors to invest in the project of course the team will incur huge losses due to issuing ETH to pay bounty hunters.

because by paying bounty hunters with coins they make indirectly the supply of coins they develop is reduced and some of the loin is mostly held by participants participating in the project for investment.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
projects don't want to pay bounty hunters in ETH because this coin has a real value and their tokens are worth nothing.
Activity: 467
For bounty hunters to dump a token it is sometimes the a problem from the team. This is because to me I think they can start distributing their tokens to them after the project has stabilized its price on exchanges. When that happens even if the price will decline it won't be a great percentage. And the idea of you mentioning that they should be paid with other Altcoins is also a bad idea.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
If the project is good, then bounty hunters will never be able to knock its price down with its sales. After all, the entire bounty pool is usually 2-3% of the total number of tokens, and this is not such a large amount.
And if the project is not very good, then nothing will protect it from falling prices for its tokens.
Activity: 1048
Merit: 101
I understand the situation and conditions because I also experienced it, ICO is full of risks but the feedback is also good if the project is successful. Currently I work more often at the Bounty project because it is quite easy and not too risky, at a glance for the necessities of life and the rest to trade. In my opinion, it is true that ICO failure is a factor in the market decline.
Activity: 572
Bounty hunters often lower the price of a coin because they start selling it right away. But I believe that if a team of experienced, it should have foreseen this nuance and tend to coin kept the price.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
I was once an investor had few gains to some ICO/crowdsale but made many losses so I decided to stop participating in ICO instead I do bounties and buy it thru exchanges from bounty hunters dumping it.

I know for a fact that most of you know this situation and are guilty of it,  price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap. I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"
It is better to pay bounties hunters with bitcoin or ethereum but the developers and owners of projects always want to give their tokens as they did not want to makes personal investments from beginning. 
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 2
Developers paying for bounties with eth would be beneficial both for the bounty hunters and the project. One of the reasons why the price of tokens dump upon listing is because bounty hunters are interested in cashing out and they are not mindful of selling at very low price. Bounty hunters would accept half payment in eth, because they know there's a market for ethereum, instead of waiting for the projects to get listed which will take a couple of months.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
It won't change the situation. If the team will pay in Ethereum or bitcoin, then it will not have enough funds for development. And if she will to pay very little, then bounty hunters not will to participate in bounty.
I wonder how the presence of Bitcoin and ethereum in the wallets of the team affects the development of their project? The fact is that today almost 90% of all ico companies may not even collect Soft Cap. Nevertheless, they are trying to develop their projects.
Activity: 405
Merit: 11
I also regret the bounty hunters who sell their coins on a large scale at low prices. Indirectly, this has a bad effect because most people will think that this project is not good. It is true that the ICO project can be considered a failure. However, if the bounty campaign is paid for with other altcoins, it is also not good. If the bounty campaign is paid for with coins offered by ICO, it can add the ICO coin players on the market. Other than that, the impact of other prize payments is if the prize is paid not on time. if the prize is paid not on time, the bounty hunter will ask about it and that will reduce investor confidence in the ICO.
Activity: 644
Merit: 111
It won't change the situation. If the team will pay in Ethereum or bitcoin, then it will not have enough funds for development. And if she will to pay very little, then bounty hunters not will to participate in bounty.
Activity: 784
Merit: 135
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
I was once an investor had few gains to some ICO/crowdsale but made many losses so I decided to stop participating in ICO instead I do bounties and buy it thru exchanges from bounty hunters dumping it.

I know for a fact that most of you know this situation and are guilty of it,  price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap. I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"

This is a great solution. I wonder why developers don't do this. Pretty sure that they already have gather huge amount of money after the success of their project and they should be able to pay their bounty hunters with eth and btc. I really wonder why, they could avoid the price of their crypto falling if they do ths.
copper member
Activity: 138
Merit: 0
I support you on this, I think the developers should pay hunters with eth or BTC according to the worth of the token they would receive. I think that is better but for the price fall of the token I don't think it is caused by hunters trading their tokens.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
I share this same idea and that's what I do now after I suffered in ICOs.

I know for a fact that most of you know this situation and are guilty of it,  price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap.
I don't believe the fault of a project failing is as a result of bounty hunters dumping. No, this isn't true. Most times it's the developers and teams that even dump these coins on the investors.

I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"
This is true. Also, it will force the developers to focus and work earnestly on getting their projects to prosper after seeing how much they have paid. But if they pay in their own coins, they may easily dump.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 284
Doing bounties will not guarantee you will have a fresh salary comes to your wallet since nowadays bounty is held for more than 1 year due to the bitcoin crash.
at this time see any bounty that is really making money seems very difficult indeed. Moreover, some of the bounty expires scam and the developers left it. It makes what we do grouping there is useless, but it is part of the risk, there is still a lot of opportunity. We have to keep trying and trying.
Don't ever despair, there are indeed many Bounties that end with a Scam, but look for the Bounty that you think is clear for the future, look in detail if you are so sure to join there.
Activity: 141
But seriously, absolutely nothing, today the percentage of people who take part in bounty projects has declined very quickly, as probably as everything else in cryptocurrency. Now it seems to me that many people will really do a lot of scam projects.
I don't see too many bounty hunter's here. Only those involved in the signature campaign. Most bounty hunter gave up bounty because it didn't bring them money. Since May 2018 until now, the bounty has apparently died
Activity: 434
This happen because bounty hunters want to payed to before token dump also.
The dumper is not only by bounty hunters , it can also by panic investors.
Pages:
Jump to: