Pages:
Author

Topic: All bankers hate BTC, am I right? - page 8. (Read 1606 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 12
December 30, 2018, 09:36:00 AM
Asking a CEO of a bank what they think of #bitcoin is like asking the CEO of a taxi company what they think of uber.

Do you agree with the sentence above?

Do you think the bankers all hate BTC?

Or they have already taken part in cryptocurrency world?

Looking forward for your ideas.

Detialed discussions and opinions can be checked here as well
https://www.reddit.com/r/jex/comments/a9xtvg/will_things_be_different_in_2019/
Some of the bankers had started to key into blockchain technology which has come to stay and some bankers sees ripple as an alternative to bitcoin which is centralized to counter bitcoin which is decentralized what ever the case may be bankers don't have any option than to accept the reality.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
December 30, 2018, 09:23:03 AM
They hate crypto currencies because of their own selfish reasons. They fear that usage of crypto currencies can replace them. Crypto currencies are decentralized, this means that no third party needs to be involved during transactions which is what banks actually do.
I believe bankers' opinion is not at all matter for bitcoin as it is anyhow going to replace them. It may take some time but definitely it is going to happen. Because, people from around the world start realizing the importance of having decentralized system for their financial need. Banks are actually devaluing common people's hard work whereas a deflated system increasing the value of people's savings . This core differences will be the key. Yes, that is the real success of of being decentralized with limited supply.

If cryptocurrencies prevail and fiat comes to an end, then banks will also come to an end. If banks come to an end, the people operating the banks will end up being jobless.
No, that will not happen in a single day hence people will be having enough time to switch over to new jobs. Moreover, blockchain based systems will be innovating and creating lots of new jobs hence the questions of unemployment due to this is completely meaningless.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
December 30, 2018, 09:08:24 AM
Not all of them. I personally have introduced BTC to a banker and I told him both the risk and potential of the coin. Today he is also into cryptocurrency. I can remember the last we discussed, he was telling me that the world is tending towards technology like blockchain

Most the people I knew thought the same thing, that bankers hate Bitcoin and other crypto currencies but in reality, it is not really happening. Bankers don't hate Bitcoin or any other cryptos in fact it might be a good for them since they can find a way to develop their technology, isnt that right?
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
December 30, 2018, 08:45:21 AM
I don't think so.
In reality, banks have to follow certain official rules and regulations.
For example, central bank in my country issued public statement that bitcoin is not currency or financial asset and all banks in the country have to follow it.
But, indvidually, bankers are free to do as they wish, so as private person they can invest in btc and crypto.
In fact, I'm sure that many do.
Activity: 840
Merit: 117
December 29, 2018, 03:44:18 PM
I think Yes! banks hate Bitcoin and don't want to see BTC on Top position so now they are supporting Ripple as we know that ripple rising and standing at 2nd position and overtake ethereum, but i am sure XRP can't overtake BTC in value, price even in reputation.
Many banks already invested in BTC and other crypto but they are not showing even that in few countries very difficult to buy or sell BTC.  
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
December 30, 2018, 08:38:34 AM
Not all of them. I personally have introduced BTC to a banker and I told him both the risk and potential of the coin. Today he is also into cryptocurrency. I can remember the last we discussed, he was telling me that the world is tending towards technology like blockchain
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
December 29, 2018, 04:19:11 PM
Asking a CEO of a bank what they think of #bitcoin is like asking the CEO of a taxi company what they think of uber.

Central bankers - sure. But their whole game is being in private, so don't expect public trashing of Bitcoin.
Bank owners - not necessarily. Their job is to make money, bitcoin is a means to making money. If they're smart, they won't necessarily hate it.
Most hate is fueled by ignorance.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
December 29, 2018, 03:40:47 PM
They don't all hate it. This statement is a generalization much like saying that all graduates must be smart and all physical workers must be uneducated.
Banks want to slow down the progress of cryptocurrencies and prepare themselves to take over and compete with them. They seem to hate it because they have to. If they support it and it explodes in value it will be too late to profit from it. 
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
December 29, 2018, 02:59:12 PM
This is a big exaggeration. Employees of banks that receive wages for their work, rather than a percentage of the profits of banks, almost no matter whether the banking system loses something from the introduction of cryptocurrency, or not. They may, on the contrary, be interested in additional earnings in cryptocurrency. Moreover, it should be recognized that only the top executives of various banks may lose their profits due to partial crowding out of the usual cryptocurrency currency. They may have a hostile attitude towards cryptocurrency.
Activity: 590
Merit: 116
December 29, 2018, 02:58:18 PM

NO. in fact they already understand the system that is running and are fully aware of the existence of bitcoin. they are even indirectly benefited by bitcoin users, because the bitcoin transaction bridge is a bank. Depositing users must first buy in the market, they exchange FIAT to Bitcoin, and vice versa. those who need FIAT for the daily needs of attracting bitcoins by exchanging it for FIAT and this through the bank

Of course not.

in my country there are many bankers involved in the crypto world, either as traders, investors, or just following developments from day to day. of course this is personally not an institution.

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
December 29, 2018, 02:40:23 PM
This is another of the fallacies that have pervaded the crypto space in my opinion because claiming bankers hate btc means that individuals working in the bank don't want to have anything to do with crypto as a whole forgetting that a lot of them have invested in crypto in their personal capacity as individuals and several others have become account managers to individuals who are engaged in crypto. Eventually, we will outgrow all of this fallacious believes.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
December 29, 2018, 02:29:45 PM
Full adoption of bitcoin possess a threat to bankers a time is coming when investors will rather hodl their bitcoin in a wallet rather than banking it as fiat thus putting banking jobs at stake that is why bankers will do every possible means of degrading bitcoin so as to keep their jobs.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
December 29, 2018, 02:09:50 PM
The word hate is not proper one in this situation. I suppose they a little fear 'cause this sphere is out of they control yet.
Activity: 278
Merit: 1
simply getting the job done
December 29, 2018, 12:21:40 PM
I do not think that banks hate bitcoin I will say more I know a Bank that accepts bitcoins as an investment, but in fact they want to see bitcoin or not it does not depend on them.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 29, 2018, 11:46:17 AM
They hate crypto currencies because of their own selfish reasons. They fear that usage of crypto currencies can replace them. Crypto currencies are decentralized, this means that no third party needs to be involved during transactions which is what banks actually do. If cryptocurrencies prevail and fiat comes to an end, then banks will also come to an end. If banks come to an end, the people operating the banks will end up being jobless.
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
December 29, 2018, 10:53:13 AM
actually, the present banking system hates BTC, not the banks, banks are just trying to figure out how they can get involved with a currency like BTC that they cant control.

All banks do not hate cryptocurrency development Vikas some of the technical issue will be there disturbance for the development of Crypto field under government also the victim for the non development of a non approval for the strike of cryptocurrency so we do not say the only reason is bankers.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
December 29, 2018, 10:25:45 AM
actually, the present banking system hates BTC, not the banks, banks are just trying to figure out how they can get involved with a currency like BTC that they cant control.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
December 29, 2018, 09:51:46 AM
Friends, I looked at the Bitcoin chart, thought what was needed for the global trend reversal and came up with such a thing.
many miners made a good score on the growth of bitcoin. someone leaked the cue ball over 18000-20000, someone mined for free electricity, someone paid for the cards several times and sold them three times more expensive.
 in general, bitcoin worked on miners, now miners should work on it. It's time to tighten a little tighter belt.
And the idea is that in the next two or three years while mining, the bitcoins go not to the miner, but an empty wallet is randomly determined and a coin drips onto it. Now, when with each new unit acquired, the reward goes to a random empty wallet, then the person to whom the bitcoins came in will start using them for real-life calculations and the popularity of the crypt will grow.
transactions must also be free. we do not pay for using Google or Facebook.

in three years so many will enter the crypt and begin to use it.
Activity: 251
Merit: 10
BIB Exchange
December 29, 2018, 08:38:23 AM
Most of the banks are hating Bitcoin because generally bank use Fiat currency. Bitcoin is a crypto currency and it is not a centralized. It is a decentralized crypto currency. I think with in some years, banks will accept Bitcoin by announcing Bitcoin as a their legal currency.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
December 29, 2018, 08:28:50 AM

I think bankers are not against bitcoins. They now can not accept bitcoins because the regulators do not allow this. Also the cause is a large volatility. But not more.
Pages:
Jump to: