Pages:
Author

Topic: All rating platforms are shit!? - page 4. (Read 619 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 250
June 04, 2018, 04:24:25 PM
awarding of rating would not be the deciding factor will be the success of ICO. but at least this can be one of the considerations for determining its own little choice. scam and there will certainly be difficult to distinguish in because even they would rate even though in a bad value. But what they point out is also not fully correct.
Activity: 629
Merit: 108
June 04, 2018, 04:12:07 PM
I don't think that all rating platforms are shit. Icobench seems to be good and informative.
As a first step of my research I am using ICO rating sites only. But I never trusted them. You don't know if they were manipulated.
Activity: 364
June 04, 2018, 04:04:33 PM
Too much deception around, investor confidence starts to decline and the market reacts naturally! I think we need some mechanism to protect honest projects, some kind of association in which guarantees the reputation of the project, because all rating platforms are shit!

What do you think?

I wouldn't say that rating platforms are shit you just cannot trust them. Well, if you think about it, if they cannot be trusted then they might be shits? LOL
Anyway, you cannot trust the ratings in any rating platform because there are many cases of ICOs that has high ratings but ends  up to be a scam project. To think that the ratings were made by some "experts".

I don't think such association will be formed, in the near future at least. ICOs are not being regulated so an association cannot give certifications regarding the reputation of a project.
Activity: 742
June 04, 2018, 03:01:01 PM
Too much deception around, investor confidence starts to decline and the market reacts naturally! I think we need some mechanism to protect honest projects, some kind of association in which guarantees the reputation of the project, because all rating platforms are shit!

What do you think?

Haha yup, like ICO, there are currently too many website ICO rating. I find that most of the ICOs listed on those sites are highly rated, but when one of them scam, they just said sorry  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
June 04, 2018, 02:52:24 PM

What do you think?
Not all but very many. I take into account the opinion of icodrops on the projects I analyze. But I always make the final decision myself.
Activity: 784
June 04, 2018, 02:50:40 PM
rating platform does not make a reference to a major project. they are also a double community that may be also paid to assessing a project so what they do is not entirely the pure reference to others. make it as consideration only, to address the issue of scam or a nice project and not just its own analysis then as much as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
June 04, 2018, 02:40:54 PM

What do you think?

I understand what you are saying, and although that could help it wouldn't necessarily solve anything. Even if those platforms where impartial (meaning they wouldn't favor projects that paid them, or gave them any other incentives) it would be impossible for them to review all projects and give a fair opportunity to all.

I really think that us (retail investors) just need to get better at evaluating the projects we want to support. Most people want an easy way, and those platforms would do just that. People would go to those platforms, select the top 5 projects and invest on them, or something like that. This would leave a lot of potential good projects out of business, just because they weren't there, and it would give to much power to those platforms.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
June 04, 2018, 02:37:53 PM
The element of truth definitely in it is. I often think of it. A certain highest force which will be able to punish for deception is necessary, then rating agencies won't be necessary, we will just know if the project appeared he precisely wants to develop, has read his idea has like and has begun to participate in him, it wasn't pleasant - has forgotten. But you it is definitely not deceived here that is necessary.
Activity: 216
Merit: 11
June 04, 2018, 02:37:10 PM
Not all, but most of them. These ratings are bought and sold, so choose projects for investment yourself. Only Icodrops can be trusted.
Activity: 368
Merit: 25
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
June 04, 2018, 02:34:47 PM
How come alsomst all ICOs are receiving 5/5 on track ICO and other platforms. I think these ratting are paid rattings and bullshit. Just do your own research before investing.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
June 04, 2018, 02:30:03 PM
Actually that seems to be true. I use only one platform that I can rely on... Don't need any more.
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
June 04, 2018, 02:26:11 PM
on what grounds do rating platforms give estimates? they are just like ordinary people just based on their opinion give estimate, do not trust them
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
June 04, 2018, 02:16:03 PM
Rating platforms always publish of any project and many of these projects don't reach softcap funds. I think they are a mechanism to give strength and credibility to projects, however they include SCAM projects and many don't reach their objectives. To know if a project is good, it's not worth just to see the rating, you have to study it completely.
Activity: 144
June 04, 2018, 02:13:05 PM
I agree, therefore, ideally, legislation is needed that will regulate the activities of the ICOs. The law will significantly reduce the number of scammers and restore investor confidence in projects, I think that this is the only way to get rid of fraudulent projects.
Activity: 224
Merit: 17
June 04, 2018, 02:07:06 PM
I recently read an article about the exposure of the site-rating icobench. The truth is in it and I do not trust these sites, because you can buy anything for money.
Activity: 210
June 04, 2018, 02:06:40 PM
Understand this can not be, nobody can know the project will be successful or not, if everyone knew that the project was successful, then you just would have invested money and earn easy money, this is not so!
Activity: 271
Merit: 10
June 04, 2018, 02:03:22 PM

What do you think?
If you do not trust these sites (platforms) simply dont use it. Do research on your own, if you know how to do it Wink
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
June 04, 2018, 02:02:04 PM
its always better to do your own research, and don't forget that things could change from day to day. just like the market
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
June 04, 2018, 02:00:20 PM
Probably so, almost every rating platform was noticed in its incompetence, which means that all of them also love money and do not refuse them when they are offered a bribe for high appraisal. Therefore, I think it is foolish to blindly believe only rating platforms, include your own analysis and this will give you more understanding about the project in which you want to invest.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
June 04, 2018, 01:58:41 PM

What do you think?

why do u depend on rating platform do your own research about the project and the team behind it.. usually  icos pay to platforms to drop them in good rating.. there was an ico some months ago by the name of clout platform their concept was to do the independent evaluation of the ico .. check them out if they are still doing the evaluation of the projects and its team
Pages:
Jump to: