Author

Topic: Alt coins worth buying - page 196. (Read 259617 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 11, 2017, 11:50:44 AM
Few words to Ethereum: Maybe you heard it already, but ETH has the problem, that all the ICOs based on it gave their staff ETH-promises for their salary. If they want to pay for their team or have to buy goods for the company, they will sell ETH for it. And as we know, there were many...
Activity: 70
August 11, 2017, 11:43:59 AM
This is speculation.

BCH (I like to name it so, that there is no confusion with BitConnect) is in a good shape from now on, because for the miners it is now nearly as profitable to mine on this chain than on the original one (but still -34%). In the first days, someone did the hard work and mined with a spread of some 200% - 500% loss per day.

The difficulty has been lowered since, therefore more blocks will be found in the near future, and more miners will hop on.

So if you don't want to be behind, hop on as well, before it raises.

Anyone can tag this post with FOMO, if applicable  Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
August 11, 2017, 11:07:27 AM
I think ethereum has future. We will see it after years.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 11, 2017, 09:28:34 AM
I think BCC not only has the potential to compete with bitcoin, maybe BCC is still relatively new when balanced with other Altcoin in cryptocurrency, ETH and XRP have a great chance to compete with bitcoin in the future.

Yeah. Bitcoin Cash is still relatively new, so we should give it some time to see what will happen with it in the future. If it manages to grow in adoption and development, then it will have a bright future ahead of it. Otherwise, it will turn out to become another useless altcoin.

It's price has been on constant decline since launch, which gives uncertainity, what it's value would be in the upcoming years. But I believe that the cheaper it gets, the more attractive it will be to buy and hold for the long term, in case an uptrend in price occurs in the long term.

As for ETH and XRP, they are both solid cryptocurrencies with good popularity, and active development. XRP is used mostly as a gateway for banks, so it will be very unlikely that it will rival Bitcoin in any way possible, since it is centralized. However, Ethereum has a best bet to rival Bitcoin further, as it grows in mainstream adoption with its ICOs, and improves greatly with its upcoming PoS consensus, and the Plasma framework which aims to scale it further. Just my opinion. Smiley
Activity: 397
Merit: 252
August 08, 2017, 07:59:12 PM
I think BCC not only has the potential to compete with bitcoin, maybe BCC is still relatively new when balanced with other Altcoin in cryptocurrency, ETH and XRP have a great chance to compete with bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
August 08, 2017, 06:28:40 PM
I think Bitcoin Cash is a good Investment for the short term (maybe long term too?). I don't know if one day it will replace Bitcoin. But i see that it is still not dead after the airdrop and it's value is stabilizing. Maybe one day it's value will explode. Who knows?
There are lots of coins with potential. But lots of them have the same features. It is difficult to predict which one will become successful.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
August 08, 2017, 06:04:29 PM
They are worth buying as long as you invest a huge amount of money in every altcoin you find interesting. Altcoins are also type of investment those buying power could also have the possibility to rise. ICOs are example of a good investment. Once the project was successful, you could obtain a coin that they planned once you've invest or do signature campaign. Instead focusing only on btc why not try altcoins to? Bitcoin is just mainstream that is why it has many investors but if you think practical like an entrepreneur, altcoins can also boost your source of income. Altcoins worth buying? YES it is.
A good investment is not dependent on the amount of money you invest, a good investment is an investment that gives you a good return on investment, obviously the more money you invest in a coin the bigger the potential profits but I think it is a better idea to diversify your options in case something goes wrong.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
August 07, 2017, 05:52:48 PM
Bitcoin Cash - With love from Thailand
Activity: 378
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
August 07, 2017, 05:37:24 PM
Guys, what do you think about Hush?
They say, they are going to release a Messenger soon. The price should go up I think?
Never heard of it before, but i have researched a little bit about it. It seems that this coin can have a potential, really great developers and also an idea of the project. The only problem i can see so far is only one exchanger, which i guess still stoping this coin from positive movement Smiley
Activity: 110
LoveMe
August 07, 2017, 04:54:13 PM
alternative coins worth buying directly from exchanges never participate in ICO, i read bad feedback from people lost bitcoin in several latest ico .
Activity: 336
https://www.crypto-coinz.net
August 07, 2017, 04:25:29 PM
Guys, what do you think about Hush?
They say, they are going to release a Messenger soon. The price should go up I think?
Activity: 126
August 07, 2017, 04:19:39 PM
I am getting into Waves now, but I feel I might have missed it. Never too late though. As a result, I am eyeing ICO's on https://dapps.ethercasts.com/ and have narrowed down to gitcoin and https://www.umbrellacoin.org/ after going through their whitepaper, utility. I am still trying to optimize for companies which have legitimate teams for development, so a decent chance of it not being pump-and-dump. GitCoin I like because it can make monetizing efforts of open-source software easier. As a developer, I love the prospect of that.

UmbrellaCoin I like because they're addressing hidden costs of every possible insurance and have a strong dev team. I believe getting early into these tokens can increase my odds of increasing my returns a lot, or at the worst availing some much needed service.

I am also long on ETH / LTC, because these continue to be having sound fundamentals. LTC is a hedge from Bitcoin wars. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 07, 2017, 09:58:13 AM
For me these are the coins with potential to invest into are Bitcoin(BTC), BitcoinCash(BCH), Ethereum(ETH), Dash(DASH), Zcash(ZEC), Nem(XEM) and Waves(WAVES). But it always depends on what exact coin and how much you invest in it. If you feel  these coins has potential and you did a lot pf research about it then go for it. I am not in trading yet but if I had some capital to invest then I would give it to the said coins above a try since I can see from coin market cap that these coins are slowly growing.

These are the most prominent coins to invest into nowadays. They have a solid development team, and promising features that have helped them remain in their rightful place in market cap. Some of them are profitable if you manage to devise strategies that will help you do so.

But as you said earlier, it all depends on the coin you're willing to invest into for the long term. If you take your time to make a research about a specific cryptocurrency project, you can rest assured to take the right steps to avoid getting losses on your investments when prices start to decline.

This applies mostly to new cryptocurrencies which haven't experienced market trends or its dev team isn't widely recognizable unlike many established altcoins in the market. But, sometimes new altcoins are good to make a quick profit once they start to rise in price after launch, as a result of hype.

Nevertheless, while the aforementioned cryptocurrencies are the most prominent nowadays to invest into, they may not be over time if they become abandoned by its dev team or underlying community. Since crypto land is unpredictable, we may never know which altcoin will remain in its righful place in the market. Just my thoughts. Grin
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
August 07, 2017, 08:44:05 AM
If you can not research and decide for yourself you should not be buying any of them. You will not get good answers here asking this so do not bother.

Totally agree.
To structure things and find good ICOs among dozens that happen daily now, I started analyze their business models using same template: main innovation, token rights, features, why now, use-cases etc.
Here's the link if you wanna take a look:
https://medium.com/@StorifierCo

Please let me know your thoughts.
I haven't checked alt coins value yet. I haven't bought it also but I got some from my friends. I have a plan selling it just in the right time soon. If I buy will it make a big difference with the alt coins that I save? But then I'm making to a point that I can still get a profit which is higher or equivalent to bitcoin's value. Does it make sense? I hope it will pump more this month.
Activity: 87
August 07, 2017, 06:36:26 AM
If you can not research and decide for yourself you should not be buying any of them. You will not get good answers here asking this so do not bother.

Totally agree.
To structure things and find good ICOs among dozens that happen daily now, I started analyze their business models using same template: main innovation, token rights, features, why now, use-cases etc.
Here's the link if you wanna take a look:
https://medium.com/@StorifierCo

Please let me know your thoughts.
Activity: 686
August 06, 2017, 03:33:11 PM
WAVES is a good one to buy!!  Its gonna explode all over to the moon in the future!!  Check them out!!
Many think Waves will be like Ethereum because many platform Waves used ICO. i also like Waves and i will buy the waves.
Waves is one of those coins that have a great future, I could totally see it as being a top 10 coin in the future, since we need decentralized exchanges very badly and they seem to have a good grasp of what they are doing so the possibility of becoming the best decentralized exchange is there.
Activity: 423
August 06, 2017, 11:54:12 AM
I've been reading through this forums for the past few weeks and all I see is "this coin is dead" or "everything is a shit coin". Is there any alt coin with potential to invest in or is it only bitcoin? I don't mean like a few here and there, I mean over 100 coins.
If you are setting your goal to find and to invest in Alternative coins which about to have a future or worth buying for. It is much better if you are going to support new ICO project that has project which intend to be on the market and have price. So if you are going to do this all you gonna do is to apply on signature campaign alt and support the project as a whole and advertise the ICO so that it we achieve development and in the future there is going to be a successful project and good for the platform of trading.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
August 05, 2017, 12:49:33 PM
There is no definite answer to your question as everyone has different ideas on what makes a good investment. All i can say is to do research and invest in coins in which you see potential, remember just because a coin is feature rich does not mean that it will succeed NXT being a prime example. Personally i am invested heavily in bitcoin, litecoin, peercoin and dogecoin as these tend to follow each other when BTC price increases. They are also some of the oldest altcoins around and have considerable staying power. They are also all in the top ten at coinmarketcap.

Apart from those i am also invested in primecoin, foldingcoin and namecoin. Namecoin and primecoin have great potential if they can be developed further. Foldingcoin uses pow mining to find cures for diseases so my investment in that is more of a donation to miners. I was also invested in dash at one time but after a lot of scam accusations against the devs and my own research i decided to sell as it might be a scam, it's price over the last 3 months has also tanked 40% and that further contributed to my decision to dump dash.

All in all do your research, buy coins, put them away and hope the price goes up. It's all or nothing in the crypto game.
I agree that it is quite hard to determine which altcoin is worth to buy because each altcoin has the capabilty to develop on the field of trading or investment. For me it is much better to look through the new Altcoin that is set to have stock on the market or to support new project of ICO where you do not much need to buy new coins rather all you need to do is to support the project for you to earn new coins in the ICO the is much vulnerable to success and development.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
August 05, 2017, 11:50:10 AM
Try Eth. thats why there is altcoins
in case if Bitcoin Drop swing until it loses
value you can invest .
just try to learn and soon you will earn..

If you think BCC is an altcoin, then you can buy  in a few days.
Bitconnect is overpriced.. bch is headed for 10 mill mcap dont buy at 4b
Activity: 193
August 05, 2017, 11:36:26 AM
Try Eth. thats why there is altcoins
in case if Bitcoin Drop swing until it loses
value you can invest .
just try to learn and soon you will earn..

If you think BCC is an altcoin, then you can buy  in a few days.
Jump to: