Pages:
Author

Topic: Alt Crypots hurting prices? - page 3. (Read 2788 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
May 02, 2013, 08:30:13 PM
I agree. I'm not sure if it actually hurts the prices, but the current spam of alt coins is pretty bad. I've went on the Feathercoin train and profited, and am now profiting from BitBars, but I feel slightly bad for hopping on these trains. I mean, it's profitable but I feel like I'm turning into a greedy person. After the BitBar, I'm off the alt coins (atleast the new spammed ones, LTC,FTC,DVC seems good).
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
May 02, 2013, 08:29:06 PM
Anyone else think that alternates are hurting the price of BTC?

We keep getting new coins that just have a source code change that have 5 million made the first day, and everyone thinks they should be worth 25 cents. This is bringing money out of the market for BTC, and LTC, because everyone dumps them for these new coins, because by tomorrow they should be worth $1... for a worthless coin that only has the value of trade.

I guess now the only way to make money these days is to design rename the newcoin mine it first and sell it in 3 days.

Right here you just pretty much explained why there is so much hate for Alt coins.....because its taking a cut out of BTC and LTC.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
May 02, 2013, 08:29:00 PM
 Yup, this has become an alt coin bubble which will burst just like the housing market bubble. All these cloned coins aren't worth as much as people are paying for them. Just the same coin with a different name. But just use it make profit, get every new coin early and sell at the top of the bubble.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
May 02, 2013, 08:26:40 PM
Anyone else think that alternates are hurting the price of BTC?

We keep getting new coins that just have a source code change that have 5 million made the first day, and everyone thinks they should be worth 25 cents. This is bringing money out of the market for BTC, and LTC, because everyone dumps them for these new coins, because by tomorrow they should be worth $1... for a worthless coin that only has the value of trade.

I guess now the only way to make money these days is to design rename the newcoin mine it first and sell it in 3 days.
Pages:
Jump to: