Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoin discussions and tips! - page 14. (Read 38741 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
August 28, 2014, 04:18:48 PM
Are pumps like that legal?

Hmm why not?

because it should be illegal.  In the stock exchange ect it is FRAUD (with good reason). If these forums gave a shit about the future of altcoins they would ban this nonsense...

Fuck well I guess flip thru enough pages and finally I'll find someone who isn't a moron.... I'm not stock expert but shit like this can't be good in any 'community'. WHY are we supporting this... It is just a 'hustler' gathering uneducated people looking for quick money, to exploit.

To touch on the logic of some posters, it's like saying that this practice, on Wall Street or whatever, would somehow benifit the game, rather than a few players..... Yes it would be illegal, yes it would be immoral, and frankly I don't want to see bitcointalk, just be a breeding ground for petty crime, and losers looking for quick pesos...
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
August 28, 2014, 04:07:56 PM
pump in 2 hrs http://cryptopump.com/
Activity: 51
August 28, 2014, 03:59:37 PM
YES you will all go to jail.
When cryptocurrency becomes regulated, Law enforcement will lock your ass up.
it don't matter if it was in 2014 or 2010
so don't support this pump and dump scam.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 28, 2014, 12:43:17 PM

There is nothing illegal or legal thing on crypto, because we don't have regulator who regulate the Crypto trading.
So how you can ask is it legal or not. That is the cons of anoynomous crypto trading because even mostly time
we don't know who is the developer of coins.

of course there is regulators and many of the exchanges are registered to such if you checked, just because regulators arent jailing ever 2nd person on this forum doesn't mean sooner or later a few around here arent heading in that direction.

lol what crypto trading is actually anon  Roll Eyes

So if i participate (i mean if i just buy and later sell) its still illegal? Even though i dont do anything else?

It is all really vague since there are very little laws for crypto as of today. But if you compare it with stocks, only insider activities are illegal. So you can just participate as an outsider and you'll be fine.

So its only illegal to be organiser and ask people to invest? or do you mean something else?
Activity: 392
August 28, 2014, 12:36:24 PM

There is nothing illegal or legal thing on crypto, because we don't have regulator who regulate the Crypto trading.
So how you can ask is it legal or not. That is the cons of anoynomous crypto trading because even mostly time

of course there is regulators and many of the exchanges are registered to such if you checked, just because regulators arent jailing ever 2nd person on this forum doesn't mean sooner or later a few around here arent heading in that direction.

lol what crypto trading is actually anon  Roll Eyes

So if i participate (i mean if i just buy and later sell) its still illegal? Even though i dont do anything else?

It is all really vague since there are very little laws for crypto as of today. But if you compare it with stocks, only insider activities are illegal. So you can just participate as an outsider and you'll be fine.
August 28, 2014, 11:15:16 AM

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
August 28, 2014, 10:33:58 AM

Please tell me which exchange is registered, if you want you can also open you exchange today
and start trading without doing much, you just need script of exchange no permission nothing else.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
August 28, 2014, 10:26:04 AM

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
August 28, 2014, 10:16:55 AM

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
August 28, 2014, 09:55:51 AM

not at all, but then again either are the "IPOs" (and I use the term lightly) continually pushed on this forum in most jurisdictions, but I guess the long arm of the regulators have yet to bother with most the stuff in this community.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 28, 2014, 09:53:53 AM

Hmm why not?

because it should be illegal.  In the stock exchange ect it is FRAUD (with good reason). If these forums gave a shit about the future of altcoins they would ban this nonsense...
August 28, 2014, 09:49:21 AM
Like, pumping a coin at a certain time with certain people, yes.
Like, saying you are going to pump a coin at a certain time with certain people while you are actually unloading your own bag of coin is a grey area.
With 'normal' stocks that is totally illegal, but no law mentions cryptocurrencies, so it is legal for now.
Activity: 718
Merit: 500
August 28, 2014, 09:45:30 AM

Hmm why not?
August 28, 2014, 09:37:28 AM
Activity: 42
August 27, 2014, 02:08:11 PM
Missed all the pumps thus far
August 27, 2014, 01:27:39 PM
I cant say it enough, this shit is toxic for the alt coin market. Even if you believe the pump/DUMPS are good for the coin long term (which I would argue) The coins that are the best/most innovative should succeed, Not the one that a few ppl chose so they could make a profit.  I am new into this nonsense, but it is becoming clear why nothing is even getting close to touching bitcoin (or even litecoin really).

Oh, the harsh environment of new born altcoins.
Progress takes time, darkcoin made it.
Some great coins may make it, while others are lost in the sea of altcoins.
I don't believe pump and dumps have much influence in the long term.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 27, 2014, 01:01:00 PM
I cant say it enough, this shit is toxic for the alt coin market. Even if you believe the pump/DUMPS are good for the coin long term (which I would argue) The coins that are the best/most innovative should succeed, Not the one that a few ppl chose so they could make a profit.  I am new into this nonsense, but it is becoming clear why nothing is even getting close to touching bitcoin (or even litecoin really).

August 27, 2014, 11:37:14 AM
When should I sell when i see a pump?  i always wait too much Roll Eyes

I always buy, and sell at a pre determined profit ratio, like 80% profit.
Set limit order and don't touch it anymore.

Or you could buy in, and wait for panic selling to happen, pay close attention to the selling price.
When ask price drops, quickly sell for market price, even if you lose a little.
Because you can't get any better than that.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 27, 2014, 11:21:51 AM
When should I sell when i see a pump?  i always wait too much Roll Eyes
Activity: 323
August 27, 2014, 11:13:26 AM
does twitter auto-refresh, or are we all pressing f5 for the last minute?
It auto-refreshes, but it only says new messages are available. You have to click it to see what those new tweets are.
Pages:
Jump to: