Pages:
Author

Topic: Altworld is Dead! - page 4. (Read 6851 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
November 04, 2014, 12:04:40 AM
Any altcoin seems dead in comparison in terms of users Bitcoin
but There are still tons of users in potential in world
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
November 03, 2014, 11:51:22 PM
looking at coinmarketcap, it seems like the money has been moved from the top alts to tail alts.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
November 03, 2014, 09:55:53 PM
Thats why its always good not to invest into new alt coin, invest into coins like dogecoin, litecoin and darkcoin is good..
Activity: 538
Merit: 502
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
November 03, 2014, 08:49:09 PM
I am Dead?  But I just bought a bunch of Quarks?!

Is quark not a good alta coin?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
November 03, 2014, 08:44:40 PM
Am I too late to the party? Oh what a  shame.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 888
Merit: 1000
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
November 03, 2014, 08:38:36 PM
Not top 100 yet, but my personal Main-Invest: Neoscoin

+1
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 03, 2014, 08:25:31 PM
Ok, right. One year ago, I paid my 1.1 million cents something like 0.12 litecoin. Litecoin was 0.25 btc.

Now my cents are worth 0.73 xrp, 1 xrp is 0.000012 btc and 1 litecoin is 0.11 btc.

Good luck investing in altcoins, mine all lost +90% of the value.

there is one coin - and i mean exactly only this one coin that did not loose shit all year. See my signature. I am holding that since a full year. Did not loose a penny. Uno is the only freakin' coin that did hold strong while other coins were loosing up to 99,9%

Uno was all year 2$
Now is between 2,50$ and 3,50$ and will continue to rise. ATH is 53$ and we will break that next year again.
legendary
Activity: 1512
November 03, 2014, 06:39:06 PM
The new dev got the wallet working again, and Cryptsy has reopened the CENT market. The price is starting to go back up now.

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/CENT_XRP

Against XRP it isn't too difficult to gain traction Smiley. I'd wait until it gets back at least to the LTC market.

They seem to have replaced the XPM market with XRP markets for all the cheap shit. They say buy at the bottom and sell at the top, so it's probably best to sell if it CENT ever hits the LTC market. I'd rather buy CENT now while it's still down there with all the cheap shit.

To be honest I don't think it will ever climb back even to the LTC market.
Activity: 310
November 03, 2014, 06:02:03 PM
Ok, right. One year ago, I paid my 1.1 million cents something like 0.12 litecoin. Litecoin was 0.25 btc.

Now my cents are worth 0.73 xrp, 1 xrp is 0.000012 btc and 1 litecoin is 0.11 btc.

Sorry about that. Almost everything I bought last Christmas has lost at least +90% of the value too. I made a mistake investing at peak prices rather than the lowest prices. The way I see it is if bitcoin continues to fall in price the alts will fall even faster. On the other hand if bitcoin has hit the bottom and starts rising then the alts will rise faster.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
November 03, 2014, 05:55:09 PM

November 03, 2014, 05:49:20 PM
The new dev got the wallet working again, and Cryptsy has reopened the CENT market. The price is starting to go back up now.

Against XRP it isn't too difficult to gain traction Smiley. I'd wait until it gets back at least to the LTC market.

They seem to have replaced the XPM market with XRP markets for all the cheap shit. They say buy at the bottom and sell at the top, so it's probably best to sell if it CENT ever hits the LTC market. I'd rather buy CENT now while it's still down there with all the cheap shit.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Here I Am !!
November 03, 2014, 05:48:17 PM
There are so many alt coins, even ones with good potential get drowned out because in the end you can just use bitcoin. I think the only cryptocoin that isn't 100% speculative object is btc, it's actually also used for payments for real-life stuff.
Activity: 280
November 03, 2014, 05:45:20 PM
i cant believe we are all dead  Huh
legendary
November 03, 2014, 05:41:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
November 03, 2014, 05:09:28 PM
I wish if I would get only one bitcent every time when someone declaring "Altworld" dead... Smiley.

A lottocoin cent or a bitcoin cent?

Or maybe you are speaking about CENT  (pennyes). Guy, I have like a million of them, if you want one everytime someone say " altworld dead"  just let me know  Wink

Bitcent. Bitcoin cent -> 0.01 BTC. Thanks to good got rid of my CENTs long time ago Smiley.

I suppose that's because they are as dead as other altcoins nowdays.. tanks for the info, let's see if I made some btc.

Edit: dosen't seem like cent market has reopened
November 03, 2014, 05:07:31 PM
I wish if I would get only one bitcent every time when someone declaring "Altworld" dead... Smiley.

Or maybe you are speaking about CENT  (pennyes). Guy, I have like a million of them, if you want one everytime someone say " altworld dead"  just let me know  Wink

Bitcent. Bitcoin cent -> 0.01 BTC. Thanks to good got rid of my CENTs long time ago Smiley.

legendary
November 03, 2014, 05:04:24 PM

Or maybe you are speaking about CENT  (pennyes). Guy, I have like a million of them, if you want one everytime someone say " altworld dead"  just let me know  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1156
November 03, 2014, 12:23:02 PM
I would add AppleByte to this list. The coin is six months old, is in the top 100 (#69) on coinmarketcap.com. The price has grown consistently with no pump & dumps. We have a real user community (90% have never used a crypto before). The Devs have been public, known by their real names and could be reached directly from day one. We just posted a six month report on our progress in another thread:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Here is a copy of that post:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppleByte is six months old today!
From the beginning we have said we are building for the longterm, and we are pleased with our progress to date.

To be successful longterm, a coin needs to meet the needs of three separate groups:

1. Real users - in our case, the community of artists (actors, filmakers, musicians, visual artists, etc) & art lovers worldwide
2. Miners - essential to supporting the network
3. Investors/Traders - because they are the ones who make the market - without them, who will the users & merchants sell the coins to

Our success to date is reflected in our price and growing industry recognition

We are one of the very few coins that has risen consistently in price this year.  
Yesterday we started trading on Bittrex. We have been traded on Poloniex since launch. Here is today's chart:

Recent industry recognition:

A nice twitter acknowledgement from a friend in NYC

GoCoin Chairman & Co-founder, Brock Pierce twitter acknowledgement

Update on longterm plan:

Real users

- our social media reach is now over 13,000 - 80% artists & art lovers, 20% crypto fans
 - they can mine, using the CPU on their laptops, and receive coins everyday, due to the bonus we pay CPU & GPU miners in the official pool
 - we promote AppleByte artists using our social media & forum, helping to build their careers
 - artist awards and scholarships given by the AppleByte Foundation
 - we provide places to spend AppleBytes (prepaid AppleByte VISA card, AMC Movie gift cards, Starbucks gift cards, restaurant gift cards, etc (subsidized by the AppleByte Foundation)

- in current development: A twitter tipping app & and a site to sell music for AppleBytes

Miners
 - to support the broadest spectrum of miners, we limit the maximum hash per user on the official pool to 25mhs, keeping it profitable for GPU users, while accepting some ASICS
 - we held back the release of the linux source, to keep out the large multipools

Investors/Traders
 - listed on Poloniex on launch day
 - added Bittrex, 10/31/14
 - no pump & dump (Devs were paid in Bitcoin) not ABY

The reality of longterm altcoin success is that all the members of Bitcointalk combined are not enough people to build a longterm user community. The real users are outside Bitcointalk. Without real users, altcoins are nothing but pump & dumps. Think about it, how many "technological breakthrough" coins have come and gone this year?

Longterm success comes from outside. For example, no matter what your opinion of Doge, they proved the users are elsewhere, and built a real community outside these forums. I applaud them for that. And with the GoCoin/Bitpay/Paypal deal, they are here to stay.

Thanks to all of you who supported AppleByte, and helped us build the foundation of success that we have today.
If you have not joined us, I invite you to do your own diligence and join us if you believe we are on the right track.

JM Cabaniss
AppleByte Founder
(You can reach me direct at: jmcapplebyte.me. My name & the names of our lead technical developers have been public from prelaunch

More AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 03, 2014, 12:21:23 PM

yeah, go buy Franko. See if that makes profit next decade  Roll Eyes

Compared to the flashmines and 100% ico-distributed coins of 2014 the fair-launch-coins of 2013 look as clean as Mother Theresa. Calling a coin that takes a full year to mine 70% a 'risky fastmine' is a joke these days, sorry.

Text is interesting and generally good quality but nothing i would fully agree with for all listed coins. The author seems to think bitcoins inflation is ok when in reality the halving takes too long and the long intervals and high inflation make it volatile and in turn slow down adoption and make the price perform bad. Bitcoins mining-schedule is not the non-plus-ultra best you can get is what i think. That would be a topic for an extra discussion though since there's a lot to say about that.

Pages:
Jump to: