Pages:
Author

Topic: Amazon accepting Bitcoin - What can go wrong? - page 5. (Read 5047 times)

copper member
Activity: 117
Merit: 17
it can be however their currency if they decide to open one..

or use a different currency to make trade not only btc. like dash/eth ...
Activity: 120
Merit: 0
Amazon accepting bitcoin as a means of payment is not feasible. They have everything to lose if the 'bubble' burst and nothing to gain by implementing it.
Activity: 819
Merit: 251
I've just read an article about the accepting of bitcoin in amazon at first it is good and there are some people who uses bitcoin as mode of payment in amazon but time passes the amazon company are not getting more profit in using bitcoin and also the volatility of bitcoin is so high and their might be just get lost that is based on the article that i read.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 523
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Amazon's plan is a good thing and we still have to look and think.
On the one hand, they will provide law enforcement agencies and authorities with information related to bitcoin. This clearly reduces the value of anonymous promises in the electronic money world. Although the public ledger, as the name implies, is public. On the other hand, Amazon supplies and its stability help providers have an effective mechanism to accept bitcoin payments. This is a strong impetus for Bitcoin's quest for broad acceptance.

Amazon have announced that bitcoin gonna accepted directly on their site some months ago. But still purse.io website is only way to access the Amazon website with the bitcoin to buy all the products over there.

I think still using via purse will give you additional percentage offer to get product from there.
I too waiting to see the amazon website with bitcoin API soon.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
If Amazon accepts bitcoin, it will be a new achievement for bitcoin and a turning point for e-commerce. We have seen Microsoft, Dell has accepted bitcoin. Amazon will create a new breakthrough to improve the trust of bitcoin to the community around the world.
I agree with this. If Amazon or Ebay accepts bitcoin. This is a very necessary and important impact to promote and shorten the path to becoming the world's most popular payment method for bitcoin. We are familiar with the reputation and safety of Amazon for ecommerce trends. It will be seen with trust, assurance and goodness.

Apparently, Charlie Lee may end up being right when he said, bitcoin may just end up being a digital asset and people will have to convert to some altcoins to make faster transactions or pay for products.

However, bitcoin would not be the only means of payment if this happens as amazon is looking into some of the top cryptocurrencies (so I heard) and if that happens, we might start seeing some real life application of some of these other ones.

I think Amazon is accepting bitcoin but if not they will start in the near future. No doubt that it will increase the market value of bitcoin and those who shop from Amazon will buy some bitcoin to pay easily for their shopping. Nothing is wrong in this besides it will promote bitcoin and bitcoin promotion means more investment in the near future and more investment means higher price.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
If Amazon accepts bitcoin, it will be a new achievement for bitcoin and a turning point for e-commerce. We have seen Microsoft, Dell has accepted bitcoin. Amazon will create a new breakthrough to improve the trust of bitcoin to the community around the world.
I agree with this. If Amazon or Ebay accepts bitcoin. This is a very necessary and important impact to promote and shorten the path to becoming the world's most popular payment method for bitcoin. We are familiar with the reputation and safety of Amazon for ecommerce trends. It will be seen with trust, assurance and goodness.

Apparently, Charlie Lee may end up being right when he said, bitcoin may just end up being a digital asset and people will have to convert to some altcoins to make faster transactions or pay for products.

However, bitcoin would not be the only means of payment if this happens as amazon is looking into some of the top cryptocurrencies (so I heard) and if that happens, we might start seeing some real life application of some of these other ones.
Activity: 182
Activity: 195
Merit: 41
They should be developing their own cryptocurrency to use instead of accepting bitcoin.
Being a huge company and the recent report of how many people actually subscribed to amazon prime in the past 5 years should go over better for them in the long run.
They seem to have deflect the question of when they plan on allowing it for this long.
So this just might be the reason why. Wink
Activity: 688
Merit: 500
There are many coins with high speed and low transaction fee (IOTA) and they can be used as a payment system if the problem of slowness and high transaction fee continuous with BTC. eCommerce trading will be revolutionized by blockchain technology backed platforms like omnitude.
Activity: 112
Activity: 154
amazon accepts bitcoin payments and needs to solve some problems . such as , it will take a long time to confirm the transaction .  the cost of transferring bitcoin is high , will it be added to the price of the goods ?
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
Amazon has deep ties to the upper class which became rich based on the fiat money system. If they offer to accept bitcoin and less people will use the fiat money, they are practically fighting against the fiat money system and therefore the government with accepting crypto currencies. Hence, building an opposite to the government system is what can go wrong!
Activity: 32
Scaling issue is the problem for all coins at the moment. But this will be solved.
Changes that will be made in Bitcoin blockchain need a support otherwise it wouldn't matter how good is that change.
Activity: 109
Since the price of BTC always fluctuates, amazon will not change the price of the product with the price of BTC, and the payment of BTC is not immediately to the account, it will take a little time!

This has caused some trouble to the payment!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Amazon is accepting Bitcoin?.I don't think that this new is true.At least in my country.

No one even said it did, just read the OP instead of only the title.

On the other hand , it would be a great New. I think everyone are expecting to be able buying with criptocurrencies.

It would be great news for the purpose of giving the price a boost, which is the only thing people care about. I very much doubt that people will end up spending their coins if Amazon did happen to accept Bitcoin. It has been like that years ago, and is still like so today -- people aren't interested in spending their coins with how much future potential Bitcoin has. Spending coins today at $8000 means you look back with an unpleasant experience when the price is like $16,000 one year later. People will maybe go through that once, but they quickly realize that it isn't a good idea to spend anything again. Long term stability is needed in order to make people happily spend their coins, and also remain happy months afterwards.
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
Amazon is accepting Bitcoin?.I don't think that this new is true.At least in my country.
On the other hand , it would be a great New. I think everyone are expecting to be able buying with criptocurrencies.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
Bitcoin is currently experiencing some issues such as slow transactions, high transaction costs.

I think next time will be fixed & e-commerce sites will accept bitcoin as a payment solution.
This represents the true direction of the world's biggest selling brand. Recently there are many large companies in various industries around the world have researched and developed direction in the field of crypto, this shows that the attractiveness of this market has made the previous billionaires Talk about it has a completely different view.
Activity: 896
Merit: 505
Forget about bitcoin,those who were accepting has regected it due high fee and very low transaction speed.bitcoin is simply a virtual gold that can not be used as daily payment system.eth is also showing high fee due to recent growth of dapps .i think ripple might attempt to overtake payment solutions but in my option iota is far better with no fee.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Blockchain with a Purpose
What my concern is rate of bitcoin increasing and how online shopping billing will be created and the transaction charges also confuse the payment method for amazon this things has to be rectified. I believe all the discrepancies will be sorted out as soon as possible for the sake of Bitcoin.

This things will be fix soon and the said discrepancies will be treated. As long as more bitcoin users want to shop with Amazon, then there will be a big chance that this problem will be fix soon.
Activity: 24
Ethereum would be a better option due to the low transaction costs
Pages:
Jump to: