Pages:
Author

Topic: AMD Mem Tweak XL - Read/modify timings/pp/straps on the fly - page 12. (Read 58859 times)

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
WHAT TOOLS EXIST FOR THE NEW GENERATION RX 5X00 (NAVI) CARDS UNDER LINUX? --

Eliovp has stepped back from the competition while other developers work with More Power Tool and Red BIOS Editor.  Are there any tools designed for operation within a Linux environment?

My Vegas are doing well, and I am just about to retire my RX 570 4GB cards.  I'd like to purchase a couple RX 5700XT cards, but my rigs are all Linux.  Any suggestions?

Ideally, I'd like to see a similar command-line tool as is the AMDMemtweak.  It works well with simple BASH scripts.

--scryptr
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
@Eliovp I see you've changed your mind about bios mods on RX 5700 Smiley
Have you tried changing the default voltages the card uses at stock settings?
https://i.imgur.com/mRACsh3.png
We can use those to set an "offset voltage curve" (y=ax2+bx+c, y in Volts, x in Ghz).
I've changed my default voltage for 2000 to 1.05v instead of 1.17v by tweaking those. They are stored in ieee754 float format in the bios.

BTW I'm super ready to test the timing encoding/decoding Smiley

Yeah, i've done my share of playing around with these navi's.

I don't think i'm going to release anything with stuff like "MorePowerTool" out there.
Let them have some fun.

Cheers!

great information!thanks for your effort

is it possible to mod nvidia straps like claymore do?

a new great tool for nvidia starps was Look forward to
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

GOOGLE "IGOR'S LAB" --

Also, searching for "Red BIOS Editor" would yield interesting results.

Apparently, Eliovp is yielding the floor to some code from other sources.  My Vega's are running fine with his work, and I don't yet have any Navi devices.  But, I think the newer modding programs are weak in the Linux environment.

Please correct me if I am wrong.  I currently launch Eliovp's AMDMemTweak with a BASH script.  I'd need BASH to work with the new tools.

--scryptr

Found it, thanks !
Activity: 5
We can use those to set an "offset voltage curve" (y=ax2+bx+c, y in Volts, x in Ghz).
I've changed my default voltage for 2000 to 1.05v instead of 1.17v by tweaking those. They are stored in ieee754 float format in the bios.

I don't think i'm going to release anything with stuff like "MorePowerTool" out there.
Let them have some fun.

Cheers!

Got it. Any hints on GDDR6 strap structure?
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

Let them have some fun.

Cheers!

What's that please ? Any link to share ? Thanks

GOOGLE "IGOR'S LAB" --

Also, searching for "Red BIOS Editor" would yield interesting results.

Apparently, Eliovp is yielding the floor to some code from other sources.  My Vega's are running fine with his work, and I don't yet have any Navi devices.  But, I think the newer modding programs are weak in the Linux environment.

Please correct me if I am wrong.  I currently launch Eliovp's AMDMemTweak with a BASH script.  I'd need BASH to work with the new tools.

--scryptr
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

Let them have some fun.

Cheers!

What's that please ? Any link to share ? Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

Let them have some fun.

Cheers!
Activity: 5

Activity: 69
Merit: 1
ElioVP when a releases programm Navi timings?
Activity: 155
Merit: 6
Rx 5700 Asus Reference after copying 1500 timing straps I now get 57Mh PheonixMiner Ether on HiveOS with CORE 1375 CoreV 800 MEM915 Miner Reporting 118 watts

57 is too high, check for errors or bad shares. Its not point running too high a clock / too tight a strap if you do not end up getting a benefit.
For accurate measurements check poolside stats over 24 hours to get to know if a change (overclock or strap change) had any benefit.

57 is fine. 3 out of 4 of my cards are doing 59+ stable, confirmed hashrate at pool side.

What cards do you have? what overclocking and undervolting have you done to achieve that?
Activity: 3
Cheers!

Anyone have results with Radeon VII?
Activity: 1
Rx 5700 Asus Reference after copying 1500 timing straps I now get 57Mh PheonixMiner Ether on HiveOS with CORE 1375 CoreV 800 MEM915 Miner Reporting 118 watts

57 is too high, check for errors or bad shares. Its not point running too high a clock / too tight a strap if you do not end up getting a benefit.
For accurate measurements check poolside stats over 24 hours to get to know if a change (overclock or strap change) had any benefit.

57 is fine. 3 out of 4 of my cards are doing 59+ stable, confirmed hashrate at pool side.

https://i.imgur.com/mbcOyQF.png
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

57 is too high, check for errors or bad shares. Theres no point running too high a clock / too tight a strap if you do not end up getting a benefit.
Activity: 12
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
REF 5700XT 1300/1770/750mV Tref 65535 55.2Mh tmem = 70-72C.
Thanks
Activity: 37
REF 5700XT 1300/1770/750mV Tref 65535 55.2Mh tmem = 70-72C.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100

Hey! I also own a 5700 and i flashed a XT bios on it and copied 1500 straps to 2000.
I'm getting 57.3 Mhs out of it, but I saw your post. You said you changed "tRef (that gave me +1MH for ETH)". Where can I find this value in BIOS?
Can you help me? I dont use AMD MEm Tweak XL since I use HiveOS and I need to change that value in the BIOS itself.

Can you tell me what memory temperature is on that XT-flashed 5700 when mining ETH ? Is it Sapphire 5700 Pulse ?
Activity: 7
I might release a navi vbios editor with timings decoding/encoding option (as seen in screenshot above).

It would be great to start!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Hi, ElioVP when a releases amdmemtweak Navi Huh

I can only do a release with softpowerplay support.
Registers for the timings are obfuscated by the onboard PSP and so it's not possible to apply the same tricks.

I might release a navi vbios editor with timings decoding/encoding option (as seen in screenshot above).
But with the release of RBE, i'm not hurried :p

Cheers!
Activity: 69
Merit: 1
Hi, ElioVP when a releases amdmemtweak Navi Huh
Pages:
Jump to: