Pages:
Author

Topic: [AMD] New AMD RX Graphics Cards of 2019 - RX 5700 / XT, RX 600 - page 2. (Read 23318 times)

copper member
Activity: 293
Merit: 11

I bought an MSI 5700 Mech (non xt) and I'm trying to tweak, but it's not good as my first gpu, only getting 52Mhs, with 119w and not very stable yet
My gigabyte accepts 715mv but my MSI only 800mv to be stable

Thinking about modify the bios on this one

MSI 5700Mech 730mv =+53mh/s=103W logiciel
XFX 5700        750mv=+53mh/s=  84W logiciel
--no XT

very difficult to understand this GPU.

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408

@rdlduffy try a fixed 45-50% on the fans and see how it looks.

Thanks

With my Gigabyte I'm using 70% on fans to keep memories at 92°  Cheesy It's very hot in my country and the only solution I found is to put fans to work hard
My Gigabyte is rev 1 and I think this is the best version, I'm getting 55Mhs right now on Phoenix, stable and without any restart, with 107w on software (no biosmod)

I bought an MSI 5700 Mech (non xt) and I'm trying to tweak, but it's not good as my first gpu, only getting 52Mhs, with 119w and not very stable yet
My gigabyte accepts 715mv but my MSI only 800mv to be stable

Thinking about modify the bios on this one
Activity: 221
Merit: 12
@screamopilla

Hey there...Just picked up a Gigabyte 5700 XT OC...Currently running 850 1300 (120 watts in Phoenix miner 5.3e software) and the mem at 1820...I got the mem temps down to about 88 on the highest card by forcing it to run at about 45% constant.   Problem I'm having is that I can't get a stable setup over 1820 ish on the mem...Which gives me about 52.6 mh.  I am running a rig that had an nvidia driver in it but did the DDU 2x.  Curious what your clocks are and what miner you're using.  Are you guys on Windows?  

Have you tried the Bios mod?  Appears the links to the 3.04+ flashing software on Igors site are dead...

You need to mod the bios - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhT74CBcFvM
Activity: 1275
Merit: 141
@screamopilla

Hey there...Just picked up a Gigabyte 5700 XT OC...Currently running 850 1300 (120 watts in Phoenix miner 5.3e software) and the mem at 1820...I got the mem temps down to about 88 on the highest card by forcing it to run at about 45% constant.   Problem I'm having is that I can't get a stable setup over 1820 ish on the mem...Which gives me about 52.6 mh.  I am running a rig that had an nvidia driver in it but did the DDU 2x.  Curious what your clocks are and what miner you're using.  Are you guys on Windows?  

Have you tried the Bios mod?  Appears the links to the 3.04+ flashing software on Igors site are dead...

ive got core at 1390 mem at 920 (for windows that would be 1840...im on linux) voltage at 0.750 (may show as 750) mvdd 1325 and mvddci 0.8 (or 800) nets 53.25mh at 104 watts. been stable for days...i have not yet modded the cards bios.  Mem temp is 88 and fans are going  30-50% Asic temp is 58.  wattage can probably reduce a little more say to 90 but for now happily mining away. 
Activity: 161
Merit: 1
@screamopilla

Activity: 10
Merit: 1
I bought a new card, RX 5700XT Gigabyte, I can do 53.5 with 105w 1280 cc, 735mv, Memory at 1870mhz
The core temperature is very good, 60c to 65c, but the memory temperature is 102c  Huh

is it normal to have such temperature at memory? I know these new AMDs are hot, but never seen this temperature on my GPUs

I've just signed up to answer this - recently bought a Gigabyte RX 5700 XT OC for a good price in order to mining with it, and I get exactly the same memory temperatures under mining load when running the default fan profile of the card. I can get the temps down to 96 degrees if I raise the fan profile up to 80% (which keeps the core temp (non-junction) at around 58 degrees) but it sounds like a jet engine. Having done a fair amount of research on the subject through various forums and articles, it does seem as though this is standard behaviour for these cards when mining or performing memory intensive workloads, regardless of the model, and that the memory temperature reported is a 'junction temp', not the edge temp. I've noticed that under more normal gaming loads (e.g. 3dmark) the mem temps get up to 80 degrees or so with the standard fan profile so it does seem to be the mining that really pushes it higher.

Having owned a number of other graphics cards I still think these temperatures are too high versus what I'm used to seeing normally but maybe the true junction temperatures in other cards aren't reported in the way that they should be. What rx 5700 xt models are other people mining with? Do you see the same temps on sapphire and powercolour models? From the anecdotal evidence I've seen on other forums, these cards have similar temps in the same scenario.
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
I have an XFX 5700XT Triple Dis, power consuption 130W in gpu-z no matter what i do. If i turn TDP down more than -28, than hasrate drops a lot (with gpu clock) and of course Power consuption as well.

My Sapphire 5700XT do work -40TDP with 50+MH.

Anyone has the same card (with same issue)

solved
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi DDesignE

Did you get Ethminer to work with RX 5700?  I tried v0.19.0-alpha miner but the miner shut down.  Please help.

Thanks

Vin

Hi guys again,

so, I've been messing around with the Ethminer Opencl Kernel, and I think I found out what is wrong with the RX 5700 family for mining ETH on OpenCL 2.0:

(Gonna need some help fixing it)

Let's Start:

After you download the new release's source code here:
https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/archive/v0.19.0-alpha.0.tar.gz
Extract it and find the kernels/cl/ folder,
Edit the ethash.cl file, change this line(236):
Code:
   mix = fnv(mix, g_dag[buffer[lane_idx]].uint8s[thread_id]); \
to this:
Code:
  /* mix = fnv(mix, g_dag[buffer[lane_idx]].uint8s[thread_id]);*/ \
compile and run the miner!

That line is responsible for bottlenecking the hole code!

I am able to achieve 300+ MH/s without that line of code!
(LOOOOL not mining properly, of course, I get only rejected shares!)

So:

My thoughts on this, and after some testing, the problem is MEMORY ACCESS!
let's get back to the code:
Code:
   mix = fnv(mix, g_dag[buffer[lane_idx]].uint8s[thread_id]); \
if I change
Code:
buffer[lane_idx]
for a defined value eg. '0',
It runs @ ~80MH/s (I assume It's the real Speed),
but of course again, REJECTED SHARES, because
Code:
buffer[lane_idx]
is supposed to change according to 'lane_idx'!
Bottom line is, fetching this piece of code's value from memory is slowing down the hole thing!

Conclusion:

I need Help, since I'm no ETH nor OpenCL Expert...
We can assume from this the Theoretical Seed of ~80MH/s for mining ETH on the RX 5700 XT!
(not bad, but I was Expecting 100+ MH/s)
(maybe with specific optimizations, driver upgrade, etc, we could get better performance)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
That's if the memory bus allows it.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
https://www.anandtech.com/show/16150/amd-teases-radeon-rx-6000-card-performance-numbers-aiming-for-3080
new rx6000 series aka big navi teased, perform between rtx 3070&3080, at this point looks the gpu same route as rx5000 series
hope they running wider memory bandwith, fpga gaining more advance in the recent years, compete with gpu in mining, specially in compute performance rather than memory algo

Looking at Moore's Law is Dead video, it seems the 6900XT will basically be double the 5700XT. So I would imagine double the processing units. The bus should be wider by 64 bits at the minimum and it will have 16GB of memory, but it probably won't be GDDR6x nor will it be HBM2.

So before tweaks it would probably run 100-110MH/s and with best optimizations after a month or 2 perhaps 120MH/s if pushed on a card with excellent cooling. The revised architecture should help decrease wattage but on a card that "big" you'll still need a massive cooler, so I would guess $800+ for a decent card.

According to his sources 5700XT is currently stopped in production for this big Navi.
Activity: 406
Merit: 14
Rx5700 and RX5700XT are one of the best AMD graphics card for mining nowadays and I still have some respect for AMD VEGA cards as well but the problem with RX5700s are high temp, for longer life these cards aren't the best and also if you are from a hot country Nvidia cards are best for you, I prefer RX480 or RX580 Amd cards over these RX5700s, they are way too hot like 80oC to 90c that's too high.

Nah they are good, more heat output more efficient they are in winter Smiley Love em when its turning under minus 0 C
Same reason why I'm against this RX5700XT, I ordered one from Newegg with double fans but they are too hot for my liking, it feels like the card will die very soon, I have no confidence mining with this card around the clock ( full 24hrs/ day ), some said to get the variants with three fans but they are way too overprice, got mine around 337$ but double fam variants are 449$ or more.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
https://www.anandtech.com/show/16150/amd-teases-radeon-rx-6000-card-performance-numbers-aiming-for-3080
new rx6000 series aka big navi teased, perform between rtx 3070&3080, at this point looks the gpu same route as rx5000 series
hope they running wider memory bandwith, fpga gaining more advance in the recent years, compete with gpu in mining, specially in compute performance rather than memory algo
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
Rx5700 and RX5700XT are one of the best AMD graphics card for mining nowadays and I still have some respect for AMD VEGA cards as well but the problem with RX5700s are high temp, for longer life these cards aren't the best and also if you are from a hot country Nvidia cards are best for you, I prefer RX480 or RX580 Amd cards over these RX5700s, they are way too hot like 80oC to 90c that's too high.

Nah they are good, more heat output more efficient they are in winter Smiley Love em when its turning under minus 0 C
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
Activity: 7
What driver/kernel versions have decent hashrate using phoenixminer under Ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04?
Activity: 37
Easy
https://youtu.be/Gn6iFQ7J6Ys
55.5Mh/s 105-110W from the wall (87 by sensor)

Moжнo пoлyчить и мeньшe ))) Haпpимep нa кapтax c caмcyнгoм peaльнo пoлyчить дaжe 85W c poзeтки. Hyжны пpaвильныe кapты и пpaвильныe нacтpoйки.
Activity: 145
Merit: 10
You should deduct system power consumption once the miner is running.
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
No problem
It's better if you watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X77N4sDXP9g
Because you can understand better

And I'll add this: forget MSI Afterburner, you will only use Radeon Software to set your card
With Radeon you can decrease the clock voltage, the clocks of core and vram, fans and power limit
If you decrease the power limit you can save power (do it slowly until you see a hashrate decrease)

And with this software More Power Tool you can "trick" windows and GPU to let you decrease even more the voltage clock of your CPU, because it's limited to a minimum of 750mv, and you will probably need 725mv, reducing the power usage

And yes, with this software you don't need to flash bios again, it's awesome
That video is very weird while he can reduce wall power to 137W. I use same settings, but the best i can do 166W at wall.

My card is Giga Aorus 5700XT, Core/mem: 1200/1835 @ 725mv

//BTW my mem temp is high too, about 102-104 oC

You should deduct idle system consuption, which is about 40W usually.
Activity: 309
Merit: 100
my gigabyte 5700 xt was doing 54 out of the box...even undervolted it does well, maybe if there was nvidia driver on the pc try to ddu, also if the miner command line has intensity settings maybe delete them

Done all that DDU stuff multiple times in slightly different ways, still no change... also tried playing with intensity. I'm going to wipe my rig clean and install win10(currently running win7 but I doubt this is the cause of my problem) and try it from scratch. I'm starting to think it has something to do with OpenCL.

Do miners see your cards as 2 or as 4 cards? Recently, miners started to see my RX580 as two openCL cards, both mining at exactly half hashrate,
but also overheating while doing so. No amount of DDU or reinstalling drivers helped

Maybe it's a driver issue, what driver version from AMD are you using when that happened? A lot of people are complaining about poor and buggy drivers from AMD in the last few years. Maybe trying a different driver version would help getting rid of the problem. What do you think?

I just did complete windows and driver reinstall (latest win10 build, latest drivers). Now it works normal, but remains mystery why it happened.
I tried many drivers, even old ones that previously worked, but nothing helped except full reinstall

Yeah just came to say that I did the same I forgot to say that I also fixed my problem also with win 10
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
my gigabyte 5700 xt was doing 54 out of the box...even undervolted it does well, maybe if there was nvidia driver on the pc try to ddu, also if the miner command line has intensity settings maybe delete them

Done all that DDU stuff multiple times in slightly different ways, still no change... also tried playing with intensity. I'm going to wipe my rig clean and install win10(currently running win7 but I doubt this is the cause of my problem) and try it from scratch. I'm starting to think it has something to do with OpenCL.

Do miners see your cards as 2 or as 4 cards? Recently, miners started to see my RX580 as two openCL cards, both mining at exactly half hashrate,
but also overheating while doing so. No amount of DDU or reinstalling drivers helped

Maybe it's a driver issue, what driver version from AMD are you using when that happened? A lot of people are complaining about poor and buggy drivers from AMD in the last few years. Maybe trying a different driver version would help getting rid of the problem. What do you think?

I just did complete windows and driver reinstall (latest win10 build, latest drivers). Now it works normal, but remains mystery why it happened.
I tried many drivers, even old ones that previously worked, but nothing helped except full reinstall
Pages:
Jump to: