Pages:
Author

Topic: AMD Releases Driver for DAG Issue !!! - page 5. (Read 28827 times)

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
August 20, 2017, 06:21:41 PM

What is wrong with using free windows 10?

Why should I have to completely reinstall an OS from scratch on all my machines to run an OS I despise for it's built-in spyware issues and VERY POOR stability instead of sticking with my RELIABLE LINUX OS setup?

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention "far easier to clone when building a NEW machine" using built-in LINUX "DD" command vs being forced to reinstall from scratch to do a "free" Win10 installation on a new machine?

VERY FEW MINING RIGS RUN WINDOWS AT ALL - there are REASONS for that, and they ALL apply to bloody Windows 10.

Not sure why you are so angry lmao.  I was talking to the guy running windows 7 with a lot of issues. 
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
August 20, 2017, 04:01:43 PM

Why should I have to completely reinstall an OS from scratch on all my machines to run an OS I despise for it's built-in spyware issues and VERY POOR stability instead of sticking with my RELIABLE LINUX OS setup?

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention "far easier to clone when building a NEW machine" using built-in LINUX "DD" command vs being forced to reinstall from scratch to do a "free" Win10 installation on a new machine?

VERY FEW MINING RIGS RUN WINDOWS AT ALL - there are REASONS for that, and they ALL apply to bloody Windows 10.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
August 20, 2017, 03:57:26 PM
Tryid it on 280x
Got 12-13mh per one(8.1x64, cm9.Cool...nothing change from 15.12 driver. Stupid amd didn't applied their fix to truly good cards Sad

It didn't change because the R9 280x didn't suffer from the issue that the driver was intended to fix.
 The 280x was never a "truely good" ETH card in the first place - that was the 290 and to a lesser degree the 290x.

Tahiti is arguably the best performance/price ratio for FP64 anyone ever released, but ETH doesn't use floating point....

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
August 20, 2017, 02:01:39 AM
The official AMD blockchain driver for windows 7 x64 does not work (miners crash).
The leaked driver from robinh00d works but nothing can undervolt my RX570's, only OverdriveNTool  works for a few seconds before reverting.

The solution that worked best is to use the leaked driver and the wattman from the official driver:

1.  Install the official amd driver with amd settings
2.  Without reboot install the leaked driver via device manager by going the "i have a disk" route (for all cards - one by one)
3.  If you have a modified bios, run atikmdag-patcher and reboot 
4.   Use wattman to apply your mem clock and volt settings
5. Open miner, everything will be ok except undervolt, now with miner running make a small change to wattman and reapply (for each card one by one)

The voltages appear to be sticking for as long as the miner is running , except for the main card that reverts occasionally.

Activity: 42
Merit: 12
August 19, 2017, 11:11:30 PM
As far as i know this driver does not work on Win 7.

It does work on Win 10 for RX580's. Just dont patch the driver with pixel patcher on 580's.
I used AB 4.4.0 Beta 16, works for OC settings. It however does not seem to undervolt card.
Also do not set your OC settings in the Claymore Batch file. does not work. The Driver changed the ADL API so would need an update for Claymore to fix this.
I used Global Wattman that comes with driver. Manually setting Voltage to 990mV and apply, it applies it but sometimes just reverts back to higher voltage later. Just set it back to Auto and apply then my voltage goes to 990mV again. (i do this while claymore is running)
Not even AMD software is properly controlling the Voltage..... tisk tisk AMD!
When you apply the pixel patcher and OC from the claymore batch file you get your mem clock jumping between 2150 and 1000MHz the whole time.
EVen GPU-z is reading GPU load incorrectly at 16% and mem controller 100% when it should be idle. HWinfo64 seems to read the GPU load correctly.

Managed to get my card stable at 30.5MH/s (MSI RX580 Armor 8GB) 990mV, 1250 GPU core, 2150 Mem clocks. Drawing under 100W running at 59-61C Temps. Happy will settle for that.
If running other AMD cards in the machine, and settings dont apply to others it could be because the are running headless. Might need to plug in a dummy plug into cards to make it think it has monitor connected. i know this works. Have found this with Nvidia mixed with AMD machines.
All Nvidia no problem.

AMD wont update driver again, so Claymore will hopefully soon update to fix OC and undervolt issues directly from the Miner batch file.
I was just coming here to see why all my mining software just immediately crashed with it, since it is available for and installing on win7 fine, among other things that had my hopes up that there'd be something I could do to fix it. Oh well. :/
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
August 19, 2017, 09:36:52 PM
Anyone know with teamviewer keep the big screen
After disconnecting hdmi cable from gpu, screen teamviewer gets small
Buy HDMI to VGA convertor.

Buy and HDMI emulator dongle. When the computer reboots teamviewer will have a regular sized screen.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 19, 2017, 08:41:23 PM

It does work on Win 10 for RX580's. Just dont patch the driver with pixel patcher on 580's.
I used AB 4.4.0 Beta 16, works for OC settings. It however does not seem to undervolt card.
Also do not set your OC settings in the Claymore Batch file. does not work. The Driver changed the ADL API so would need an update for Claymore to fix this.
I used Global Wattman that comes with driver. Manually setting Voltage to 990mV and apply, it applies it but sometimes just reverts back to higher voltage later. Just set it back to Auto and apply then my voltage goes to 990mV again. (i do this while claymore is running)
When you apply the pixel patcher and OC from the claymore batch file you get your mem clock jumping between 2150 and 1000MHz the whole time.
EVen GPU-z is reading GPU load incorrectly at 16% and mem controller 100% when it should be idle. HWinfo64 seems to read the GPU load correctly.

Managed to get my card stable at 30.5MH/s (MSI RX580 Armor 8GB) 990mV, 1250 GPU core, 2150 Mem clocks. Drawing under 100W running at 59-61C Temps. Happy will settle for that.
If running other AMD cards in the machine, and settings dont apply to others it could be because the are running headless. Might need to plug in a dummy plug into cards to make it think it has monitor connected. i know this works. Have found this with Nvidia mixed with AMD machines.
All Nvidia no problem.

AMD wont update driver again, so Claymore will hopefully soon update to fix OC and undervolt issues directly from the Miner batch file.

thanks
Activity: 46
August 19, 2017, 06:02:24 PM

All Nvidia no problem.

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
August 19, 2017, 03:40:55 PM
Buy HDMI to VGA convertor.
Activity: 4
August 19, 2017, 11:42:06 AM
Claymore failed for me.

Was on 1.7.1 official (@25.1 Mhs), used DDU to remove, installed Robinh00d, worked great and got 2Mh/s better.
Tried this driver - used DDU in safe mode, install Mining driver, install pixel patcher, reboot.  AB beta works, but Claymore 9.8 fails to initialize.

XFX RX 480 4 GB BIOS, modded BIOS

Spent several hours trying all the following:
  • Reinstall all drivers (after removal using DDU Safemode
  • Reinstalling windows 7
  • Reinstalling 17.7.1
  • Update with beta driver from robinh00d
  • Rearranged my two GPUs to different PCI-e slots on the motherboard

Interestingly enough, the order of the graphics cards do make a difference.  Windows was not initializing them correctly, then I moved the riser'ed GPU to the other sideo of my GPU plugged directly on the motherboard.  Windows would boot, but get black screen after Windows logo appeared.

As of now, I am sticking with the beta driver (yeah I know) and happy to have AB working for 26.4 and 29.4 mh/s on my RX 480 cards.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
August 19, 2017, 11:10:10 AM
Tryid it on 280x
Got 12-13mh per one(8.1x64, cm9.Cool...nothing change from 15.12 driver. Stupid amd didn't applied their fix to truly good cards Sad

Yeah if they fixed it on the 280x we would be getting 28MH/s with those old GPUs, but they only fixed it for the GPUs that they are currently selling. Greedy bastards.

I predicted this. People need to understand that if rx 580 was not polaris then rx 480 would never have got the fix, so amd is giving support for only what they are selling and that is it.
August 19, 2017, 11:05:40 AM
Hi,
I have been running my rig with 4x powercolor rx 580 8gb, 2x rx 570 4gb and 1 sapphire rx 580 nitro + 8gb

after updating to this blockchain driver one of powercolor rx 580 card started to heat up very much. +5 degrees than others. I tried to run only with this card. same heat. reverted back to previous driver but heat still goes up to 75+ degrees. 4 cards are identical and only one of them causing this issue.

What do you guys think might cause the problem?

one of my rx580  hung . even i tried to install the old driver.
August 19, 2017, 10:40:13 AM
Activity: 7
August 19, 2017, 08:02:30 AM
Can you set clock & voltage in claymore with these drivers?

check the memory log

2100 to 1000

https://i.imgur.com/PDITVaB.gif

140W power draw??? Dude, thats way beyond 200W@the wall.

back to old driver. temp & power & hashrate

https://i.imgur.com/6S7CiiR.gif

Hello,

i the same problem, which the old driver use?

Thank you

I had same problem with memory going from 2200 to 1000, seems the the LCD TV I was hooked up to was causing the problem. It was also crashing the pc, switched to old monitor with lower resolution and solve the problem.

Have you tried the patch?
August 19, 2017, 04:16:22 AM
Can you set clock & voltage in claymore with these drivers?

check the memory log

2100 to 1000

140W power draw??? Dude, thats way beyond 200W@the wall.

back to old driver. temp & power & hashrate

August 18, 2017, 10:28:50 PM
Help pls i tried to install the driver everything went fine but when i restart it my screen goes black
I have a windows 7 and i used the ddu also the patcher

Turn off Afterburner's setting to apply overclocks at startup.  You'll be in default settings on next reboot, then re-tune
Activity: 294
August 18, 2017, 09:41:27 PM
I think people use more linux for mining than windows, especially people with many rigs, why the hell they did released for windows and not for linux?  Huh

Yea right. Can someone contact AMD to get linux fix release?
Activity: 158
August 18, 2017, 08:02:43 PM
For most users with huge consumption increase:

It's because undervolting isn't working for you - You need to set up all in BIOS, find another tool that works or wait for news.

For those with drops to half performance and wierd clocks, it's because mem clock drops from 2xxx to 1000 or core clock drops to 300-900, it's due to high consumption - It's because undervolting isn't working for you - You need to set up on BIOS, find another tool that works or wait for news.

Some cards works with Afterburner Beta 15/16 / Wattool and Claymore (clocks) (especially 4xx) , some don't (mostly 580).

The fix isn't a driver side OC to compensate. If you try ubiq (no dag problem) and ETC (worse than ETH) the hashrate will be the same, the fix is real. Yet some people may experience some consumption increase (not huge - 5%, 10%) or even consumption drop.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
August 18, 2017, 07:57:26 PM
I think nothing...but I use win8.1 Smiley
Activity: 64
August 18, 2017, 07:45:27 PM
I think people use more linux for mining than windows, especially people with many rigs, why the hell they did released for windows and not for linux?  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: