Pages:
Author

Topic: An (even more) optimized version of cpuminer (pooler's cpuminer, CPU-only) - page 3. (Read 1958260 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 216

You can no longer solo mine to the BTC wallet.

You're thinking of the mining software built in to the wallet, that no longer exists. You can still mine solo using RPC,
it's required for any mining to be possible. It's just futile to do so with a CPU.

I think the user's problem is the firewall, Port 13000 needs to be opened for local clients.
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
My system is as follows: 

400GB free.
my RAM is 8GB
Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz   2.40 GHz
Bitcoin Client Software and Version Number: V0.20.1
Operating System: Windows 10 (64)I already have bitcoin core running on this laptop.

I appreciate your help in this matter. I would like to run a CPU Bitcoin miner on my laptop for a few hours- I know I will not earn anything, but I'm keen to do some mining.

I downloaded Poolers CPU miner from Github and used this instructional video (https://youtu.be/kFudfJ7fTrI) on how to set it up.

Please bear in mind that  I'm not a programmer or coder, just a guy with an interest in Bitcoin with some superficial knowledge on computing who is eager to learn.

I switched the antivirus off and I was able to run the "minerd.exe" program using the CMD. 

When I run the program, I get this error message:

[2021-01-15 20:25:11] HTTP request failed: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 13000: Connection refused  

I'm not sure why this is happening.

I am connected to the internet. 
I switched my VPN off in case it was the cause.
I'm running Bitcoin Core and it has multiple connections and is synched up to date.

The configuration file "Bitcoin.conf" is located within the "Bitcoin" folder in %AppData% and is as follows:

server=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=13000 

I ran the "minerd.exe" program with the following command:

minerd.exe -a sha256d -O user:password -o 127.0.0.1:13000 --coinbase-addr=""xxxxxxx bitcoing address xxxxxxx" -t 2

I also tried this:

minerd.exe -a sha256d -O user:password -o http://127.0.0.1:13000/ --coinbase-addr=bc1q5d7lfmu9esswxjayjyynk5tn8jd2w9x5jxn0n5 -t 2

On both occasions I get the error: HTTP request failed: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 13000: Connection refused    

Can you please give some guidance as to what I should do to resolve this issue??

Thank you very much.
Abu

--------------------------------------
2 issues

Issue 1
 need to change .conf
----------------------
server=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=13000
----------------------
 change to
----------------------
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=13000
----------------------

This will now work for most solo mining (sometimes --coinbase-addr=bc1q5d7lfmu9esswxjayjyynk5tn8jd2w9x5jxn0n5 helps sometimes fails - try both ways)

HOWEVER
issue 2

You can no longer solo mine to the BTC wallet. I cannot remember the version but they removed the rpc function, i think from version 16 onwards.
If you want to solo mine, it will have to be another coin. (Unless a solo pool for BTC exists)

Are you just wanting to learn how to solo mine? If so i can probably find an old worthless coin that still syncs and  is cpu minable, just so you can see the process.
Activity: 24
Merit: 8
My system is as follows: 

400GB free.
my RAM is 8GB
Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz   2.40 GHz
Bitcoin Client Software and Version Number: V0.20.1
Operating System: Windows 10 (64)I already have bitcoin core running on this laptop.

I appreciate your help in this matter. I would like to run a CPU Bitcoin miner on my laptop for a few hours- I know I will not earn anything, but I'm keen to do some mining.

I downloaded Poolers CPU miner from Github and used this instructional video (https://youtu.be/kFudfJ7fTrI) on how to set it up.

Please bear in mind that  I'm not a programmer or coder, just a guy with an interest in Bitcoin with some superficial knowledge on computing who is eager to learn.

I switched the antivirus off and I was able to run the "minerd.exe" program using the CMD. 

When I run the program, I get this error message:

[2021-01-15 20:25:11] HTTP request failed: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 13000: Connection refused  

I'm not sure why this is happening.

I am connected to the internet. 
I switched my VPN off in case it was the cause.
I'm running Bitcoin Core and it has multiple connections and is synched up to date.

The configuration file "Bitcoin.conf" is located within the "Bitcoin" folder in %AppData% and is as follows:

server=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=13000 

I ran the "minerd.exe" program with the following command:

minerd.exe -a sha256d -O user:password -o 127.0.0.1:13000 --coinbase-addr=""xxxxxxx bitcoing address xxxxxxx" -t 2

I also tried this:

minerd.exe -a sha256d -O user:password -o http://127.0.0.1:13000/ --coinbase-addr=bc1q5d7lfmu9esswxjayjyynk5tn8jd2w9x5jxn0n5 -t 2

On both occasions I get the error: HTTP request failed: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 13000: Connection refused    

Can you please give some guidance as to what I should do to resolve this issue??

Thank you very much.
Abu
I've tried to used cpuminer to mine Scrypt algorithm before but until this day I still can't configure or make it work, after many tutors through reddit it's still not working, can someone drop me the full configuration here ? I will appreciate

PM me i'll see if i can help
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
I've tried to used cpuminer to mine Scrypt algorithm before but until this day I still can't configure or make it work, after many tutors through reddit it's still not working, can someone drop me the full configuration here ? I will appreciate
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Please ask if there is a proxy function
Example:https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig-proxy
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
Hello.
I'm asked on the different forums but no answer. Maybe here?

There in cgminer(based on cpuminer) exist such code:

static uint8_t diff_to_bits(double diff)
{
   uint64_t diff64;
   uint8_t i;

diff /= 0.9999847412109375;
   diff *= (double)2147483648.0;
   if (diff > 0x8000000000000000ULL)
      diff = 0x8000000000000000ULL;
   /* Convert it to an integer */
   diff64 = diff;
   for (i = 0; diff64; i++, diff64 >>= 1);

return i;
}

static double bits_to_diff(uint8_t bits)
{
   double ret = 1.0;

if (likely(bits > 32))
      ret *= 1ull << (bits - 32);
   else if (unlikely(bits < 32))
      ret /= 1ull << (32 - bits);
   return ret;
}

How to adapt this code for scrypt to calculate diff to bits and vice versa?

Thanks!
Activity: 4
I thought it's better
I have 0.63 khash/s with scrypt algorithm
if I keep mining with this hashes speeds will I make any bitcoin
Activity: 1372
Merit: 216
so it's working here

but on nicehash rig management it doesn't accept any hash speed or anything and everything is zero except the difficulty number
I'm I mining ? I been running the process for 2 days and I don't know if I'm mining

Oh dear, technically you are mining but realistically you aren't. To mine sha256 you need PH/s but you only have kH/s.
Divide the estimated profitability by 1 000 000 000 000 to see what you can expect with your CPU. You need an ASIC miner
for sha256.
so it's working here
https://imgur.com/a/O09BPaj
but on nicehash rig management it doesn't accept any hash speed or anything and everything is zero except the difficulty number
I'm I mining ? I been running the process for 2 days and I don't know if I'm mining
copper member
Activity: 59
Merit: 2
Tg: @map_ua Discrod: vjmap#6929
Hello. I'm looking to rent a lot of CPU power. Those who mines xmr can increase earnings by 50-60%. I'm looking for high scale rent only.

In case you know some big xmr miner, i can include your fee.

No scam, all legit, I will pay in advance.
Activity: 129
Merit: 8
We wrote an article on how to install AOCC (AMD Optimizing C / C ++ Compiler) and tested CPUminer it on a ryzen 2600 CPU.

Read full article: http://cpu-mining.info/post.php?post=2

AOCC Docs - https://developer.amd.com/wp-content/resources/AOCC-2.1-Install-Guide.pdf

Install depends

Code:
sudo apt-get install -y git
sudo apt-get install -y automake autoconf pkg-config libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev libssl-dev libgmp-dev make g++
sudo apt-get install -y lib32z1-dev

download aocc-compiler-2.1.0_1_amd64.deb from https://developer.amd.com/amd-aocc/

install AOCC in Ubuntu

Code:
sudo dpkg -i aocc-compiler-2.1.0_1_amd64.deb
source /opt/AMD/aocc-compiler-2.1.0/setenv_AOCC.sh

check the installed AOCC compiler

Code:
clang -v

Tested bitzeny cpuminer (based on pooler cpuminer)

Code:
git clone https://github.com/bitzeny/cpuminer.git bitzeny-miner
cd bitzeny-miner
./autogen.sh

configure with AOCC

Code:
./configure CC=clang CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer"

Code:
make

benchmark

Code:
./minerd --benchmark -a yescrypt -t 1

You can check this compiler on your favorite algorithm.
Activity: 1

I downloaded https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer/releases/download/v2.5.0/pooler-cpuminer-2.5.0-win64.zip for Win 10 64-bit.
Is CPUMiner.exe no longer included in the pre-built package?

The executable in the package is minerd.exe, not cpuminer.exe.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
Hello Pooler,

I'm not sure you read this thread anymore but you should know your scrypt CPU code is getting some
good use due to Verium which uses N = 1024**2 making it exclusive to CPU mining only.

It's currently optimized up to AVX2 but AVX512 is now available. Unfortunately I don't have
the ASM skills necessary or the understanding of your code to attempt promoting it to AVX512.

There's a big team behind Verium, they may welcome the opprtunity for a more efficient miner.
legendary
Joblo,

There are many pool servers for many coins that use scrypt.

minerd mines altcoins through scrypt... so respectfully I'm NOT "10 years too late".
I was actually led to minerd because it mines Litecoin and ethereum natively... and both ethereum and litecoin is almost as popular as Bitcoin.
So "10 years late" should really be rephrased slightly... respectfully.

Politely, I request that if you know of another miner as strong and as current that supports mining through stratum with scrypt... please list the tools which you use and explain why your tools are better. Unfortunately, I prefer a CPU miner that can also run as a daemon from the command line. js Wink

I just with that there was a GUI to supply parameters to minerd and start/stop minerd from a control gui (or a controller that used ANSI color, in order to maintain the level of tight control... maybe to create profiles and schedule the saved profiles to run at required times of the day). Wink

Peace.

How about showing me the respect of reading my post before going passive-aggressive and asking
the questions I already answered? I counted 3.

1. Pooler can't mine ethereum, only sha256d and scrypt.

2. CPUs aren't "strong" enough to mine litecoin anymore, Ten years ago you could so you're ten years
too late.

3. I mentioned a good CPU miner and you also completely ignored the one in my sig.

As for your other questions, do you're own research.

I feel like listening to some Aretha Franklin.
Activity: 6
Joblo,

There are many pool servers for many coins that use scrypt.

minerd mines altcoins through scrypt... so respectfully I'm NOT "10 years too late".
I was actually led to minerd because it mines Litecoin and ethereum natively... and both ethereum and litecoin is almost as popular as Bitcoin.
So "10 years late" should really be rephrased slightly... respectfully.

Politely, I request that if you know of another miner as strong and as current that supports mining through stratum with scrypt... please list the tools which you use and explain why your tools are better. Unfortunately, I prefer a CPU miner that can also run as a daemon from the command line. js Wink

I just with that there was a GUI to supply parameters to minerd and start/stop minerd from a control gui (or a controller that used ANSI color, in order to maintain the level of tight control... maybe to create profiles and schedule the saved profiles to run at required times of the day). Wink

Peace.

About 10 years late.

This miner is obsolete and has been for about that long. It was awesome in its time but its time is gone.
It only mines sha2d and scrypt.

Mining anything with a single ARM CPU is futile. A cluster, maybe, but that gets really complicated.

ARM miner software is poor as there is little interest from good developpers due to the futility previously
mentioned. TPruvot has a multi algo miner that supports ARM but it hasn't been updated in about a year.

If you want to learn about mining just use your regular PC's CPU or GPU with a wide choice of excellent
up to date mining software.

Mining on a Pi is just child's play, but it makes a good wallet host.
legendary
About 10 years late.

This miner is obsolete and has been for about that long. It was awesome in its time but its time is gone.
It only mines sha2d and scrypt.

Mining anything with a single ARM CPU is futile. A cluster, maybe, but that gets really complicated.

ARM miner software is poor as there is little interest from good developpers due to the futility previously
mentioned. TPruvot has a multi algo miner that supports ARM but it hasn't been updated in about a year.

If you want to learn about mining just use your regular PC's CPU or GPU with a wide choice of excellent
up to date mining software.

Mining on a Pi is just child's play, but it makes a good wallet host.
Activity: 6
Coming to the party VERY late.

Sorry.

I downloaded https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer/releases/download/v2.5.0/pooler-cpuminer-2.5.0-win64.zip for Win 10 64-bit.
Is CPUMiner.exe no longer included in the pre-built package?

I am comfortable using "command.com", nee cmd.exe... and very comfortable with commandline everything... just checking. Smiley

If there is a pretty gui module somewhere, I'd sorta like to have it in the binary package too Wink but I'm cool using just the daemon.

I'll also pop back to the top of the thread and see about stratus stuff. If it's on the command line coolio... but if it has to be in a config file that the daemon looks for or creates and then I edit the config file... I use NoptePad++ for most of my data/coding/scripting. Yes, I am a dinosaur. Any .bas / .cob / .bat programmers out there who used PC-DOS 2.0? Smiley I also used cygwin, Z/nix, Unix, and more versions of Linux (and more shells) than I should be allowed to admit. also did a whole $#!+ ton of web stuff and server-side scripting... yes, including various decryption on files then encryption before returning files back to the client... all from inside csh/ksh/bash scripts. Wink 

In the latest vernacular, I'm an experienced "data scientist" of 44y with major admin and web admin skills, in case you or someone you know is/are looking for one. Wink

I saw MinGW instructions. I installed cygwin, not sure that I installed MinGW on this box. Smiley

Looks like I did enabled PMs and emails after all. Smiley

Peace!
Does this miner work with a Raspberry Pi 4 modell B? I want to mine Litecoin for a graduation project for the school and i have used the fork of tpruvot, but somehow it doesn't work. So i want to try this one.

As far as i know, https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi, it the main one.

I found this https://github.com/afritzler/cpuminer-arm, but have never used it, so don't know if its safe.

I have used this in the past on Pi3, ti mine XMG. Not sure if it covers scrypt, but i seem to remember it does various algos
https://github.com/novaspirit/wolf-m7m-cpuminer-V2-RPi

Another article to read.
https://medium.com/@simeg/mine-coin-magi-xmg-on-a-raspberry-pi-2-3-41bdc2f2f441

Good luck
(oh take note of OS to use, i think that is the most critical part - pretty sure i ended up using mint and ubuntu rather than raspian)
Pages:
Jump to: