Pages:
Author

Topic: An (even more) optimized version of cpuminer (pooler's cpuminer, CPU-only) - page 51. (Read 1958475 times)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100
thanks for your answers guyz
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
Burnside's pool has a profit calculator. I ran 8kh/s. In a year you'd make $16. Assuming the same BTC, LTC, USD prices.

Assuming the difficulty is the same in a year from when you have done an estimate.
Activity: 182
Burnside's pool has a profit calculator. I ran 8kh/s. In a year you'd make $16. Assuming the same BTC, LTC, USD prices.
ok i got up to 8kilohash/s.

Another question : how may i test, if i am connected to the litecoin network while mining, and dont mine "blindly" ? I mean to check my CPU really mines for the litecoin network, and doesnt just make hashes for nothing.

Finally, at this rate 8khash, although i can get free electricity, it doesnt seem like profiting much. Am i wrong ?
hello. where can i find a sample configuration file for minerd binary on Linux 32?
A sample configuration file (example-cfg.json) is included in the source tarball. Remember that you have to use the -c option if you want to use a configuration file. See --help output for more info.
oh, thanks for that i'll try it.
i have an Intel i3 2310M with two cores and four threads. Is it normal, to have only 2kilohash/s ?
If that is per-thread and in 32-bit mode, it sounds reasonable.

it's not per-thread, its a total. I guess i'm doing something wrong. I'll test it again with the .json.
i have an Intel i3 2310M with two cores and four threads. Is it normal, to have only 2kilohash/s ?
I don't think it is. Sounds very low, even for an i3.
Activity: 839
Merit: 507
hello. where can i find a sample configuration file for minerd binary on Linux 32?
A sample configuration file (example-cfg.json) is included in the source tarball. Remember that you have to use the -c option if you want to use a configuration file. See --help output for more info.

If that is per-thread and in 32-bit mode, it sounds reasonable.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Thanks pooler! Saw improvement right away on a Core i5-3570 K. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
The scratchpad used for scrypt is 128.5kB, so a 256kB L2 cache is enough to not have to use the L3 cache. (except maybe when a lot of task switching is done)

For processors without cache or a very small cache you want lower latency more than a higher bandwidth.

It's 256kB but 8-WAY set associative, essentially 32KB per set.
Activity: 1596
The scratchpad used for scrypt is 128.5kB, so a 256kB L2 cache is enough to not have to use the L3 cache. (except maybe when a lot of task switching is done)

For processors without cache or a very small cache you want lower latency more than a higher bandwidth.
I know sha doesn't use multiplications and as fas as I know scrypt doesn't either.
So these instructions can't be used.
Yea, I asked ufasoft if it'd help his miner and he said no. He said scrypt depends a lot on RAM latency. Is it just latency, or does bandwidth count too? ie my quad channel X79 has some benefit? Or should I look more at shaving CAS latency as low as possible? Would either make any real difference?
If the processor's caches are large enough (and they usually are), RAM doesn't even come into play. This is the main advantage that CPUs have over GPUs.
256KB of L2 per core and 12MB of L3, I'd hope that at the least the L3 would be big enough. I don't want to pay a grand for the 3960X
I know sha doesn't use multiplications and as fas as I know scrypt doesn't either.
Yea, I asked ufasoft if it'd help his miner and he said no. He said scrypt depends a lot on RAM latency. Is it just latency, or does bandwidth count too? ie my quad channel X79 has some benefit? Or should I look more at shaving CAS latency as low as possible? Would either make any real difference?
If the processor's caches are large enough (and they usually are), RAM doesn't even come into play. This is the main advantage that CPUs have over GPUs.
Quote from: wikipedia
The FMA instruction set is the name of a future extension to the 128 and 256-bit SIMD instructions in the X86 microprocessor instruction set to perform fused multiply–add (FMA) operations.
and
The FMA operation has the form:
d=a+b*c
Activity: 1596
The FMA instruction set is the name of a future extension to the 128 and 256-bit SIMD instructions in the X86 microprocessor instruction set to perform fused multiply–add (FMA) operations.
and
The FMA operation has the form:
d=a+b*c
Given that AMD now has Piledriver core Ax chips out, will there be FMA support added to the miner? Would FMA even help with the scrypt algorithm?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
I get this error in OS X Mountain Lion:

dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libidn.11.dylib

libidn is installed via fink, so I'm not sure what's up?
This also happens in Lion.

Forcing it to work with brew then causes an error on SSL.  

Is there an official way to make this work?

EDIT: I got pissed and forced it all, but I am pretty sure this isn't the way to do it.  You may need to brew install some packages if they are not already on your system:
Code:
mkdir -p /opt/local/lib
sudo ln /usr/local/Cellar/libidn/1.23/lib/libidn.11.dylib /opt/local/lib/libidn.11.dylib
sudo ln /usr/local/Cellar/openssl/1.0.1a/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib
sudo ln /usr/local/Cellar/openssl/1.0.1a/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib
Activity: 225
[...]
Compiling libcurl on Linux should be as simple as running configure & make. I disabled some features such as SSL to keep the size down, but that's not at all necessary.
Anyway, once I have a libcurl.a, I just put its path in the environment variable LIBCURL along with -lrt (and possibly other libraries, depending on what features libcurl.a was built with) and build the miner as usual.

Arrrgh. RHEL 'libcurl' depends on '-lgssapi_krb5', that one I was missing.
[...] This time I've also built a couple static binaries for Linux (x86 and x86-64), for those people who really don't want to bother compiling the miner themselves.

Static binaries? Uh, nice!
Due to the libcurl deps I'm failing badly to a build static bin myself (on RHEL5). What flags did you set?

Compiling libcurl on Linux should be as simple as running configure & make. I disabled some features such as SSL to keep the size down, but that's not at all necessary.
Anyway, once I have a libcurl.a, I just put its path in the environment variable LIBCURL along with -lrt (and possibly other libraries, depending on what features libcurl.a was built with) and build the miner as usual.
Pages:
Jump to: