Pages:
Author

Topic: An (even more) optimized version of cpuminer (pooler's cpuminer, CPU-only) - page 57. (Read 1958260 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Guys did you notice mouse stuttering on Windows with cpuminer? I have it on low priority but there is a problem with jerky mouse movement quite often, so I sometimes have to pause or interrupt it. Maybe there is some issue with my Windows 7 though...
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
Don't mind me.
Probably an artifact of using the EC2 cloud on the free tier, it doesn't so much stop dead as it spurts every once in a while.
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
When the miner crashes, it can automatically restart itself, that function that gets really annoying when you want to want to make changes to settings. Does minerd have a modifier for that or is that an inherent part of Scrypt Miner?

I don't know what the Scrypt Miner GUI does, but it is possible that it restarts the minerd process if it dies. That's possible because you have two processes, where one monitors the other. You can achieve the same result with a very basic wrapper script that has minerd inside an infinite loop.

Anyway, the miner should not crash. If you experience instability problems or think there is a bug that causes it to crash, please contact me with all the details.
I have 4 miners running 24/7, and the last time one of them crashed it was because of a bug in a pre-2.0 version, back in December.
Don't mind me.
When the miner crashes, it can automatically restart itself, that function that gets really annoying when you want to want to make changes to settings. Does minerd have a modifier for that or is that an inherent part of Scrypt Miner?
Deploying the *nix version on the cloud, two quick (kinda noobish) questions.

1. If "-t" is unspecified, does it default to max?

It detects the total number of cores (virtual cores if the CPU(s) support hyperthreading) and uses that.
Code:
$ ./minerd --help

-t, --threads=N       number of miner threads (default: number of processors)

2. Is there any modifier for a Lazarus mode, like the function in Scrypt Miner GUI where it can restart itself after coming back from the dead?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, could you please explain?
Don't mind me.
Deploying the *nix version on the cloud, two quick (kinda noobish) questions.

1. If "-t" is unspecified, does it default to max?

2. Is there any modifier for a Lazarus mode, like the function in Scrypt Miner GUI where it can restart itself after coming back from the dead?
Activity: 305
Trust but confirm!
CPU: Intel Pentium T4300
MEM: 4GB DDR3
OS.: Win 7 Home Premium SP1 32bit
MD.: Pooler's Minerd 2.15
KH.: ~5.20kh/s

CPU: Intel Pentium E6600 (oc @ 3.5ghz)
MEM: 4GB DDR3
OS.: Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
MD.: Pooler's Minerd 2.15
KH.: ~15.25kh/s
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
What arguments do you give to minerd to make it solo mine?

Argument #1: You're such a stupid miner that you can't pool mine!

Argument #2: Your momma miner is so fat that she could't fit in the pool to mine!

There ya go!   Grin
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
What arguments do you give to minerd to make it solo mine?
Activity: 121
This may sound obvious, but those of you with i5/i7 CPUs might do well to make sure it's actually on. On a Linux system I recently installed, it turns out I didn't have the acpi_cpufreq kernel module loaded, so Turbo Boost wasn't active. Loading that seems to have gained me a good 6–8 Kh/s or more. Wish I had discovered that sooner.  Grin
Activity: 234
OK, Thanks anyway! Yes, I tried. But cannot figure out how to install them on Win XP as like OSX. I'm using cpuminer "stand version" for XP and Linux at present. I'm stupid in computer..
@pooler Thanks for the helped! What to do for the next step? I seen the Installation Instructions(install.txt) but couldn't process 'make' after this:

Code:
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin10.8.0

checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in `/Users/bitbird/cpuminer-2.1.5':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details

Well, it looks like you're missing the C compiler. Unfortunately I don't know much about how things work on Macs, so I'll let someone else help you there.
In the meantime, have you tried using one of the precompiled binaries?
@pooler Thanks for the helped! What to do for the next step? I seen the Installation Instructions(install.txt) but couldn't process 'make' after this:

Code:
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin10.8.0
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin10.8.0
checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin10.8.0
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for style of include used by make... none
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in `/Users/bitbird/cpuminer-2.1.5':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details
Don't know how to setup it on my Mac OS 10.6..   Cry

Code:
./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh: line 8: aclocal: command not found

You don't need to build from the git repo, there's a tarball available.
Don't know how to setup it on my Mac OS 10.6..   Cry

Code:
./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh: line 8: aclocal: command not found
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
The newest version boosted my i7-2600k up ~2.5-3 k/hash per thread.

It didn't do anything to my AMD phenom II quad-core though.  I even tried downloading it twice and replacing all the .dlls and the miner.exe again.

Even still, thanks Smiley
The current Changelog link in the first post has an incorrect url - 404.

Shouldn't it be:
https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer/blob/master/NEWS

Fixed, thank you.
Activity: 386
Current Version: 2.1.5 (March 7, 2012) - Changelog

The current Changelog link in the first post has an incorrect url - 404.

Shouldn't it be:
https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer/blob/master/NEWS
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Hey guys, I'm mining LTCs woth the standard Litecoin Wallet with the 2.1.4 cpuminer "minerd.exe" and its dll libraries in the wallet directory, I have an AMD phenom x6 [email protected] ghz and the maximum hashing speed I can reach is 17 kh/s, on Win7 32bit. Do you think it's a fair value? Upgrading to 64bit win7 could help me reaching an higher hashing speed? 

You could alternatively run win7 64bit in a virtual machine w/ miner, it still maintains about 95-97% of its speed in a VM.

VMware says that it supports emulation up to 4 CPUs, is it normal ?  It's mining speed going to get low for the lack of 2 CPUs?
Pages:
Jump to: