Pages:
Author

Topic: An Open Letter to the Bitcoin Community from the Developers - page 7. (Read 5891 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
Seriously this is super disappointing that the developers can't come to some sort of agreement on a simple code change/removal of a number in the code.

Imagine adding any more changes to the code that could or would help bitcoin become a better digital cash that Satoshi meant Bitcoin to be.

Mind boggling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
I am TRYING to keep an open mind.

The thing is, 5 core guys couldn't agree on how and when to raise
the block size, but now we're going to have a couple of workshops
where the global user base is invited, and somehow the best solutions are going
to emerge and we are all going to agree on the best course of action?

Again, trying to be optimistic and I like the transparency
but I don't understand how this is going to work.

Seriously, they must think bitcoin industry leaders are children. They stonewall any blocksize increase proposal, and held us hostage. Now they gave us 2 fcking workshops, like we would magically come to an agreement by meeting in person.

Whats the point of communication online then.

I guess they dont give a shit about those signatures from all the largest bitcoin service providers.....

No they don't because these were nothing more than Gavin handing out the "letter" and them signing it. These companies are fraud and should be referred as such.

Please provide quotes and facts referring to the "stonewalling".

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Sure will be interesting to see what happens at the new workshops that will being the community together. More is needed to be done to bring bitcoin back together. Development team need to listen more to its users worldwide, to get things moving back on track. If more is not done to secure its future then I do not see Bitcoin dominating the top poll position any longer given current situation of loom. More people using it is one thing. More shops adopting it to use as payment is also another option. But for it to get though its current tough times it needs a lot of work and stuff putting in place to stop the wide and massive spikes, stop that and you got more people using it. Stop the stupid updates and make more improvements and listen to the community we have lift off and right now we are at a null.

Also, since people like Gavin have been ranting on how
we are running out time
, it is troubling we are told
to wait till December.  This should have been done already
if they wanted to do it.  I still say a moderate dose of healthy skepticism
is appropriate.

Exactly. Don't you find it suspect he, and Mike, have been the only ones trying to hammer in this point?
Activity: 812
Merit: 509
These people are idiots.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
"Trust us"

No.

I thought bitcoin was to be a trustless system?

Bitcoin is a trustless system but the some if not all of the bitcoin core developers are not to be trust since they work for 3rd parties like BlockStream
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
I don't understand this. So is the solution suppose to emerge from these two workshops or is this just a try to "get community involved so they fell important and they see that we do care about their voice" and then on the other side we will do as we imagined.

My mind really doesn't know what to think about this. When I saw a title, An open letter to the community from developers, I told to myself thanks God we have a solution and consensus will be reached, but now I am even more confused!
Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Since when is Amit Taaki a bitcoin core developer ? Did I  miss something ?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
So no-one from the BIP101 camp wants to attend the workshops then? Interesting.

I thought you guys were against stifling debate?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

Seriously, they must think bitcoin industry leaders are children. They stonewall any blocksize increase proposal, and held us hostage. Now they gave us 2 fcking workshops, like we would magically come to an agreement by meeting in person.

I guess they dont give a shit about those signatures from all the largest bitcoin service providers.....

The delaying tactics prevent txs increase prolongs delaying tactics prevent txs increase prolongs delaying tactics ...
Awesome strategy by the small blockers.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
So much for decentralization
I don't see a benefit in going from 5 people to 2 (as "centralization" was often used as a argument). However, this is not the topic here.

if you listen to Gavin, he is far from alarmist.  If you actually look at the fact that the blocksize is roughly doubling annually and consider the fact that there are network spikes, and could be unforeseen factors that could accelerate this further, and factor in the considerable time required for consensus change and rollout, you will also conclude that time is not in abundance.
We may be short on time, however nobody can exactly define how much time we have. You can not just take the pattern from the past and expect it to continue forever. We might have a 0.5MB average next year, or we might have 5MB average (assuming the limit is raised to some degree). One can't really know.
Actually what they have planned is very good. The first workshop will contain a lot of ideas, and a final resolution will probably be found in the second one. There will be enough time to implement it before the halving, even though the second one is in December.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

we are running out time, it is troubling we are told
to wait till December.  This should have been done already
if they wanted to do it.  I still say a moderate dose of healthy skepticism
is appropriate.
excellent indicator that someone is pushing their own agenda when they start screaming the sky is falling.
Follow me!!!
My mind is closed to anything that person proposes unless it's going back to the original code and allow blocks to be organic again.

if you listen to Gavin, he is far from alarmist.  If you actually look at the fact that the blocksize is roughly doubling annually and consider the fact that there are network spikes, and could be unforeseen factors that could accelerate this further, and factor in the considerable time required for consensus change and rollout, you will also conclude that time is not in abundance.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Seriously this is super disappointing that the developers can't come to some sort of agreement on a simple code change/removal of a number in the code.

Imagine adding any more changes to the code that could or would help bitcoin become a better digital cash that Satoshi meant Bitcoin to be.

Mind boggling.

Even with the long list of developers, it only comes down to decision of 5 people.

So much for decentralization
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Mind boggling.

Even with the long list of developers, it only comes down to decision of 5 people.

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

we are running out time, it is troubling we are told
to wait till December.  This should have been done already
if they wanted to do it.  I still say a moderate dose of healthy skepticism
is appropriate.
excellent indicator that someone is pushing their own agenda when they start screaming the sky is falling.
Follow me!!!
My mind is closed to anything that person proposes unless it's going back to the original code and allow blocks to be organic again.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Mind boggling.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
the good thing is that the first workshop is in less than two weeks so we can see what unfolds.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
lol at the angry bichtes up above. (besides carlton)

plz feel free to fork off if you dont like it.

ripple waitin for yaaa  Kiss

"Trust us"

No.

while we use dirty tactics to fight against any proposal we dont like......cough DDoS cough
Pages:
Jump to: